Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I try to stay under 100. Usually by quite a lot, but when that thunderjaw preorder came along I felt like I had to get in on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Buck Wildman posted:

ohhhhh boy first five p-bandai preorders have shipped it's officially a problem

This is also the time of year where p-bandai goes ape poo poo and drops like 30 kits

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
I keep telling myself I won't order any more kits this year since my backlog closet space is full.

But then, P-bandai likes to put Gundam Base exclusives up on Black Friday, so I'm hoping to overcome the FOMO.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

MechaX posted:

This is also the time of year where p-bandai goes ape poo poo and drops like 30 kits

speaking of, there's a drop

https://p-bandai.com/us/search?character=03-001

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
moon gundam :swoon:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

nadleeh..............

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

chicken leg

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Welp, Moon Gundam and Devil Gundam ship in the same month, RIP my microplastic-saturated lungs

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
That devil gundam isn't pbandai exclusive! But also god drat that moon gundam is cool and also I kind of want that stupid unicorn.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I just want the WfM cap and cats but theyre overpriced lmao :3

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Nuebot posted:

That devil gundam isn't pbandai exclusive! But also god drat that moon gundam is cool and also I kind of want that stupid unicorn.

I'm pretty sure the clear color version is Gundam Base/P-Bandai exclusive.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Napoleon Nelson posted:

I'm pretty sure the clear color version is Gundam Base/P-Bandai exclusive.

Probably, the box doesn't say so though. They occasionally sell them at Don Quijote if you have one available in your area, which is where I got mine.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah I'll just go to the Don Quijote they got in Ohio

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Nerobro posted:

In general? One kit at a time. $12-60. I get joy out of visiting shops and seeing what's there. However, p-bandai? yeah.... that's generally $100 an order. If you're new to the game, p-bandai isn't gonna be hurting you yet. But at some point that siren call will sing to you, and you'll spend $80 on a HG kit. Or $115 on a RG. And... you'll like it.

So.... here's how I justify it. Dollars an hour of entertainment. As you get better at gunpla, they take longer.. and longer.. to build. A RG I used to build in two nights, takes me most of a week of evenings now. The cost of the kit stops mattering as much when you're getting 20-30-40 hours of enjoyment out of it. I have a HG Kyrios here that took me a week because of paint pens and doing color correction. If you're far enough away, you might think it's the MG!

That said, the $10 candy of EG's and simple HG kits is pretty nice too. But even those can be a challenge. I have a MG 1.5 here, that I have an extra four or five hours into because the color separation demanded it.

On the bright side, since you're still new, all the general releases are still things you want. So you have a huge swath of cheap, and easy to find kits to play with.

This is the way. Value is subjective, and what is priced at $15 might be worth $10 to one person and $30 to another person in terms of what they get out of it.

Waffleman_ posted:

Aside from this being a loving hilarious response (and my condolences for living in Ohio), I don't think I've bought gunpla from a brick-and-mortar store since the HobbyTown near me closed up shop. They had a good selection too. There's another small shop near me but they seem to cater to the RC crowd far more than the traditional model crowd, and all I can say is that the place failed the "vibe" check. Which leaves Hobby Lobby, and gently caress those pricks.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
So how old is that MG Strike for that Grand Slam configuration on p-Bandai

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

oh they expect me to do these treads in individual treads

Burns
May 10, 2008

Picked up the rg nu gundam for about 60 cdn today. This means my backlog now is the mg nu, mg thunderbolt gundam, mg gm sniper 2, hg origin guncannon, hg origin zaku 2, and hg ez8. But i have an HMS Warspite taking up my work desk so... welp.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

MechaX posted:

20 years

Edit oh I'm wrong is like 8 years old?

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Nov 16, 2023

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Got my Pacific Rim Gypsy Danger subassemblies together today after painting and clearcoating everything and wanted to try out the Tamiya enamel panel liner. If I've clear coated and the paint is all acrylic I should be good to use it with some mineral spirits to clean up the excess panel lining, right? I know to make sure it doesn't get under parts and such so the plastic doesn't crack but wasn't sure if there was anything to do otherwise or if I already asked this weeks ago.

Also, this kit uses stickers so it shouldn't matter but if I'm doing a kit with waterslides should I put those on before or after panel lining?

Burns
May 10, 2008

I put stickers and decals after panel lining.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I guess the HG Scopedog is out now? I went back and checked out the 1/20th version from the 2000s on Dalong's, and obviously it was way bigger, but also a ton more interesting with all the gimmicks. Guessing those aren't in production any more though.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Don't worry the scopedog is so modular they'll P-Bandai the poo poo out of it. Pretty sure I already saw cockpit internals as a P-Bandai upgrade box.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Took longer than I expected not counting the emergency super glue run I needed, but DrillGao!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Don't worry the scopedog is so modular they'll P-Bandai the poo poo out of it. Pretty sure I already saw cockpit internals as a P-Bandai upgrade box.

Yep. Complete with pilot figure.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

MechaX posted:

I'm almost certain it's the RM version so not really that old at all by MG standards.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Waffleman_ posted:

Took longer than I expected not counting the emergency super glue run I needed, but DrillGao!

No, glue required!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Sounds like Ohio sucks.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean, we do have weed

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Another free shipping weekend at suruga-ya :v

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, we do have weed

I'll bring the gunpla!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Sounds like Ohio sucks.

On the other hand, Ohio is sort of the home of Johnny Riden, so it has that in its favor.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I didn't know they had Don Q in the US except in like maybe Hawaii or something?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

On the other hand, Ohio is sort of the home of Johnny Riden, so it has that in its favor.

They should've dropped the colony on Ohio.

Monkey Fracas posted:

I didn't know they had Don Q in the US except in like maybe Hawaii or something?

I'm in Hawaii, idk about anywhere else.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

I looked it up in Google maps and you are correct.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nuebot posted:

They should've dropped the colony on Ohio.

What did you think Gato was aiming for?

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
This is why Gato was the hero of 0083

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
He wanted to kill Kirk.

No not Kirk James T. Kirk Thornton.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

chiasaur11 posted:

What did you think Gato was aiming for?

You'd think Ohio would be the one place in the US that Zeon wouldn't gently caress with. Clearly, given the Wright Brothers and the likes of Jim Lovell and Neil Armstrong trying to get as far away from it as possible, life in Ohio is so repellent to the soul that it is no longer weighed down by gravity

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

hey stealthgao what the gently caress do you mean wire

E: Oh it's included, that's what that thing in the decal bag was

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Today's work. Will do the engines next week, then decals, then Final Fusion.

Peek of boo