Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

GreenMetalSun posted:

The entire JJK twitter tag is just horny fanart right now.

I thought it would be of Toji or something. Then the confusion set in followed by laughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

genderbending icon, really

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Finally, a weapon to surpass Orochimama

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

did the cool guy revive yet?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Lpzie posted:

did the cool guy revive yet?

Yeah he's blowing up the baby now.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm not sure why CR decided to retranslate Sukuna's DE as Malevolent Kitchen, but it kinda works? Since Sukuna does slice and dice.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm not sure why CR decided to retranslate Sukuna's DE as Malevolent Kitchen, but it kinda works? Since Sukuna does slice and dice.

It’s cause it’s a valid translation.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
well, they might as well at this point. guy has been throwing cooking and eating puns the entire manga. His manifestation of the self is a structure that features big gaping mouths and slices things. he himself has two mouths, one of which that apparently won’t shut the gently caress up because it’s constantly reciting the recipe for his cursed technique.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

This episode was animated like an evil Gurren Lagann

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

hell's kitchen

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MonsterEnvy posted:

It’s cause it’s a valid translation.

Didn't know, would've have thought the final say on that would have came from the top and Malevolent Shrine it would remain.

I like idea of Sukuna being an evil chef.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Unless the anime omitted it, they literally compare Sukuna's two cutting attacks to kitchen knives during the exposition in the manga. The kanji for kitchen is also in the name for his domain.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
His two Cutting attacks were initially translated as Cleave and Dismantle, but the meanings in the kanji were for filleting and dissecting a fish. So they were just translated as Fillet and Dissect here.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

MonsterEnvy posted:

His two Cutting attacks were initially translated as Cleave and Dismantle, but the meanings in the kanji were for filleting and dissecting a fish. So they were just translated as Fillet and Dissect here.

oh that makes the opening taunt vs gojo make so much more sense

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

He's the epitome of gluttony, which makes his sillier traits add to his menacing reputation. He's not some serial villain who is constantly scheming and hiding. Dude just takes what he wants, when he wants it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The only person he's bothered to allow to remain in his presence is similarly someone that can cook for him.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

He's not a glutton, he's just got a lot of mouths to feed.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
the latest anime ep made the gojo vs sukuna fight make a lot more sense, I'd forgotten most things setup when mahoraga first showed up.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MonsterEnvy posted:

Dismantle always felt weird to me. We should have gotten Fillet, Dissect, and Malevolent Kitchen to begin with, it makes everything click together.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7550/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-242?date=17-11-2023-5

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Holy poo poo

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Takaba effortlessly killing a special grade curse because it would be funny if it got hit by a truck and died lmao

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
This chapter is so good. I'm dreading the conclusion.

Also I'm wondering if the real driving force behind Takaba's cursed technique isn't his conviction, but rather his interest in connecting with someone else.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Kenjaku’s special grade spirits do not have a very good track record so far

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The difference in current tone between the manga and anime is flawless.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
kenjaku, laughing brightly as he’s splashed with Fanta: “I’m going to loving die here”

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Oxxidation posted:

kenjaku, laughing brightly as he’s splashed with Fanta: “I’m going to loving die here”

HFCS is real and deadly.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

yum posted:

Kenjaku’s special grade spirits do not have a very good truck record so far

:haw:

Elijah Snow
Dec 10, 2006

some-something man
Obvious Fanta Sea joke miss there. This was maybe my fav chapter of them all.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Welp manga is a masterpiece again, simple as that

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This fight is a ton better than the pachinko stuff because it has a clear defined goal and it feels like there's a way to turn it around despite the power being overwhelmingly dominant. Also because it's loving hilarious.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

yum posted:

Kenjaku’s special grade spirits do not have a very good track record so far

Let's be real, between Geto and Kenjaku it's been made clear that if the special grade doesn't have a line of dialogue it won't last more than half a chapter at most. And that one time was only because it was Mei Mei and she's not special grade herself so shes took some time working it out. This one chapter basically confirms that if the Jujutsu world ever gets back to relative normality; Takaba is 100% special grade.

Oxxidation posted:

This chapter has renewed my faith in the story on this alone.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
:eyepop: finally, a real fight

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

This is the best shounen fight I've seen since Jotaro vs D'Arby the Gambler

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Oxxidation posted:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
It's peak

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
So Takaba's power is a form of Soul Resonance, huh, I wonder if any other characters had something akin to that. Oh well, not important

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Yeah dunno what to say when it's peak it's peak

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

wedgie deliverer posted:

This is the best shounen fight I've seen since Jotaro vs D'Arby the Gambler

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

So Takaba's power is a form of Soul Resonance, huh, I wonder if any other characters had something akin to that. Oh well, not important
takaba's ultimate sacrifice will be the joke that brings the nobara factions together

stuker fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
So did Kenjaku sort of hijack Takaba's phenomenon generation?