Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Lald is right. Increased stress increases severity of neurodivergent traits. The world is also, while generally seeming to become more hostile, specifically hostile to those who display those traits, which increases stress specifically amongst that population and creates a feedback loop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

kiminewt posted:

haha yes neurodivergent this is def not me just being lazy haha

I don’t think the neurodivergent people who make these memes read newspapers, because they assume we’re all out here effectively managing our time and engaging in productive interpersonal communication.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

mysterious frankie posted:

I don’t think the neurodivergent people who make these memes read newspapers, because they assume we’re all out here effectively managing our time and engaging in productive interpersonal communication.

As a therapist I would be loving ecstatic if the entirety of the internet could stop using the following terms until they know wtf they're actually talking about : neurodivergent, gaslighting, narcissist, trauma bond, triggered, love bombing, toxic, and grooming.

Thanks in advance.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Modal Auxiliary posted:

As a therapist I would be loving ecstatic if the entirety of the internet could stop using the following terms until they know wtf they're actually talking about : neurodivergent, gaslighting, narcissist, trauma bond, triggered, love bombing, toxic, and grooming.

Thanks in advance.

Your toxic narcissistic demand has me triggered and is a clear attempt to gaslight me into a trauma bond with you, which is clearly taking advantage of the fact that I am neurodivergent and susceptible to love bombing.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Thanks in advance.

Stop gaslighting* me

*Telling me anything other than what I want to hear

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Just the men? Are all the straight women under 30 in relationships with (much) older guys?

Anyway, I'm sure techies are on the case and we'll all have super hot AI girl/boyfriends soon enough

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Phlegmish posted:

Just the men? Are all the straight women under 30 in relationships with (much) older guys?

Anyway, I'm sure techies are on the case and we'll all have super hot AI girl/boyfriends soon enough

All the straight women under 30 are dating one extremely virile dude

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah but if I say this guy is lying to me, that's a normal thing, but if I say he's gaslighting me, he's a sociopathic abuser. Are you guys just not trying to win internet arguments anymore or what

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Modal Auxiliary posted:

As a therapist I would be loving ecstatic if the entirety of the internet could stop.

Agreed.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Thanks in advance.

I've got absolutely horrible news for you about every single psychological term that has ever entered mainstream usage in all of history.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvOHbxBAEN8

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i wish i still thought gaslighting was lighting farts on fire

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Grassy Knowles posted:

They also make turkeys and bats now

every single one of them is actually the same shape, "blob," and relies on pareidolia to work

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Kit Walker posted:

Big Cums Georg is the envy of the male population.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Kit Walker posted:

you can use my name. all the women know it already

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
The shapes have a better peanut butter to chocolate ratio than the cups, but also now there are cups with crunchy peanut butter while shapes have no such offering. The perfect Reese’s has yet to be made.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Grassy Knowles posted:

The shapes have a better peanut butter to chocolate ratio than the cups, but also now there are cups with crunchy peanut butter while shapes have no such offering. The perfect Reese’s has yet to be made.

If you have a Trader Joe's nearby, try their version of peanut butter cups. The filling has a better texture and tastes better IMO.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Sagebrush posted:

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Thanks in advance.

Look I’ve seen the movie divergent and I don’t fit into one of the 5 archetypes so therefore

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Lib and let die posted:

i wish i still thought gaslighting was lighting farts on fire

It is

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

shazbot posted:

Look I’ve seen the movie divergent and I don’t fit into one of the 5 archetypes so therefore

Enneagram is the new pseudoscience hotness, try to keep up.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sagebrush posted:

I didn't know Pete Davidson posted here

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Kuros posted:

If you have a Trader Joe's nearby, try their version of peanut butter cups. The filling has a better texture and tastes better IMO.

Agreed, especially the dark chocolate, mini-cup version.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Thanks in advance.

Stop👏gatekeeeping👏psychiatric👏knowledge.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Stop👏gatekeeeping👏psychiatric👏knowledge.

Stop👏getting👏mental👏health👏advice👏from👏TikTok.

Actually one of my younger clients introduced me to healthygamergg recently and he seems pretty okay.

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.

Indecisive posted:

I can't wait for the 'post random garbage' meme to get old

You know it's not worth waitin' for

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Thanks in advance.

Appeal to authority; Thanks for mansplaining down to me you gaslighter

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I actually found out I had ADHD on reddit.

Then later got it confirmed by a psychiatrist, but still!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Turns out Marx was a total goon, but we could already tell from looking at him

e: same reason Žižek is so popular here

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Can't say that I do, no.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Enneagram is the new pseudoscience hotness, try to keep up.

*ahem* Engrams.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm the ADHD that gently caress off.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Actually one of my younger clients introduced me to healthygamergg recently and he seems pretty okay.

I like healthy gamer gg :shobon:

it helps that he actually is a harvard-trained therapist

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Thanks in advance.

Someone is feeling very defensive about healthcare not being locked away behind a paywall....

mystes
May 31, 2006

Modal Auxiliary posted:

I watched a few videos from him and he seemed okay but there was one recently about something like how therapy should work for men since men don't like to talk about their feelings that kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I assume he was really coming from the perspective that his viewers are men who haven't been socialized to talk about their feelings and it's necessary for therapists to kind of handle that appropriately but the way he was talking about it sounded kind of close to gender (edit: essentialism) at points and it kind of put me off wanting to watch it

mystes has a new favorite as of 00:43 on Nov 21, 2023

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Grassy Knowles posted:

The big cups with puffs or pieces are IMO the pinnacle of cup technology

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

Son of Rodney posted:

Dang two mental health diagnosis from the meme thread today

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

big mean giraffe posted:

The big cups with puffs or pieces are IMO the pinnacle of cup technology

Agreed on the pieces big cup. The potato chip big cup was disgusting.

But puffs aren’t for me. If I want Reese’s for breakfast, I’m gonna eat a drat cup like an adult.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Grassy Knowles posted:

Agreed on the pieces big cup. The potato chip big cup was disgusting.

But puffs aren’t for me. If I want Reese’s for breakfast, I’m gonna eat a drat cup like an adult.

It's all about the texture for me. I agree about the chip one though, good idea but poor execution. The pretzel one is decent too, the salt and crunch works well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Thanks in advance.

But how do I know whether I know what I'm talking about? :ohdear: