Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Mailer posted:

Heh, today's kamera challenge is just go to Inazuma and wander for a few minutes. Purple tree melons, purple ore, purple beetles...

I'd really like to know if anyone actually wound up missing out, or would have missed out if not gifted. I still wound up with way more of everything but purple for the first three days, then everything evened out. My conspiracy theory is that the RNG gets weighted heavily towards screwing you if you don't engage in multiplayer, then gets weighted in the end towards making sure everyone just completes it so they don't throw a fit.
It doesn't really have to be intentionally weighted to do that. The most obvious and straightforward form of bad luck protection I can think of would be to, each day, give you one of each of the five colours and five strictly at random. That would give you a ~22% chance of finishing on day 4, ~65% on day 5, ~13% on day 6, and <1% on day 7. Now the event only lasts for 6 days, so that can't be the exact system they're using if they never want to force trading, but you can see you don't have to go out of your way to skew the distribution toward the end of the event. That's just a natural result of how it's set up.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Nov 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I'm at 5/7 after today and just desperately need blue values. I'm good on everything else, but blue just eludes me.

Is it really just RNG?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Based on the battlepass mission requiring 6 turnins, I assume that's the worst-case scenario if the event is actually meant to force trading on some people. But I don't recall having to trade last time.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Pretty sure theres enough to guarantee 7 submissions but the order in which you get them is totally random.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Hi thread, newish player here. I've been playing this whole time kinda haphazardly and without looking at external resources (build guides, etc.) to help me progress, and now I'm stuck at Adventure Level 45 and can't beat the Ascension quest to progress to the next level. I have some general questions:

1. How can you tell -- within the game itself (so, not consulting external resources) -- which kinds of stats to focus on when picking artifacts for each character? For example, take elemental mastery -- where do I need to look within the game itself to learn that [Characters A, G, and M] need high elemental mastery stats but [Characters J, P, and S] don't?

2. Also within the game itself, what info will tell me which characters work well together in a team and which don't, beyond their elemental compatibility? For example, if I know I need a pyro character in a team and all my pyro characters are equally strong, what information would let me determine that (based on the composition of my team) I should use (say) Bennett and not Xiangling? So far, I've been treating the characters of the same element and strength as basically interchangeable except for how fun/annoying they are to play.

3. On the Talents screen, where it tells you the order of priority in building up each talent, does that mean you should aim to max out Talent #1 before moving on to adding any levels to Talent #2? (So after ascending a few times, your Talent #1 would be at, say, Level 6 and the other talents would still be Level 1.)

Or is it more like, if you've just ascended your character and all your talents are at (say) Level 2 and you've only got enough materials to put into one talent, first put them in Talent #1....then when you get more materials, put them into Talent #2? So that by the time you're ready to ascend, all of your talents will be at the same level?

4. In Sumeru and Fontaine, there are jewelry vendors (with their own diamond icons on the map) that won't sell you anything -- what's up with that? Is that future content that hasn't been released yet?

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Rabbit Hill posted:

In Sumeru and Fontaine, there are jewelry vendors (with their own diamond icons on the map) that won't sell you anything -- what's up with that? Is that future content that hasn't been released yet?

Answering this one because it's the one I can answer easily and I'm on mobile. Sorry. Their shops don't open until you max out the level of something else (Tree of Dreams for Sumeru, Fountain of Lucine for Fontaine) that you basically feed all your dendro/hydro sigils to for rewards.

Hobbes
Sep 12, 2000
Forum Veteran
Dinosaur Gum

Rabbit Hill posted:

1. How can you tell -- within the game itself (so, not consulting external resources) -- which kinds of stats to focus on when picking artifacts for each character? For example, take elemental mastery -- where do I need to look within the game itself to learn that [Characters A, G, and M] need high elemental mastery stats but [Characters J, P, and S] don't?

2. Also within the game itself, what info will tell me which characters work well together in a team and which don't, beyond their elemental compatibility? For example, if I know I need a pyro character in a team and all my pyro characters are equally strong, what information would let me determine that (based on the composition of my team) I should use (say) Bennett and not Xiangling? So far, I've been treating the characters of the same element and strength as basically interchangeable except for how fun/annoying they are to play.

3. On the Talents screen, where it tells you the order of priority in building up each talent, does that mean you should aim to max out Talent #1 before moving on to adding any levels to Talent #2? (So after ascending a few times, your Talent #1 would be at, say, Level 6 and the other talents would still be Level 1.)

Or is it more like, if you've just ascended your character and all your talents are at (say) Level 2 and you've only got enough materials to put into one talent, first put them in Talent #1....then when you get more materials, put them into Talent #2? So that by the time you're ready to ascend, all of your talents will be at the same level?

Without consulting external resources, there is no actual clue what stats are good for what character, nor which character works well with others. There is no in game handholding beyond the general tutorials that will do nothing for you regarding how to gear a specific character or who would work best in a specific team.

As for talents, while each character has multiple talents, half of them are passives that have no level. The three you can improve are basic attack, their skill, and their ultimate. Which of these to level up first depends on the specific character, but again, there is no in game help to figure this out. Some characters are really only on a team to swap in, use their skill, then swap out (Kuki and Fischl). Others are really only there for the power their ult brings (Xiangling is a good example). Characters you keep on field most of the time doing normal or charge attacks are the ones you'll bother leveling that first skill (Ganyu, Neuvillette, Diluc, etc).

The moral of the story is: if you want to optimize anything or power up in a meaningful way, consult external resources. For most individual character questions this spreadsheet will get you 90% of the way there for everything at your AR level. Team building is always more of 'depends on what characters/options you have available' and more of a nuanced thing.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

10-4-3-7-1

gently caress offffff

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Rabbit Hill posted:

Hi thread, newish player here. I've been playing this whole time kinda haphazardly and without looking at external resources (build guides, etc.) to help me progress, and now I'm stuck at Adventure Level 45 and can't beat the Ascension quest to progress to the next level. I have some general questions:

4. In Sumeru and Fontaine, there are jewelry vendors (with their own diamond icons on the map) that won't sell you anything -- what's up with that? Is that future content that hasn't been released yet?

It is 100% "Read the talents and the tab that tells you the numbers/scaling for them" to every build question, on top of a basic "find synergies".

How to pick which characters to use? Well they all have different abilities that do different things, pick the ones that complement each other/build elemental reactions. Got an awesome main DPS who damages themselves? You probably want a healer of some kind. Gonna build Cyno, who has an incredibly long burst and wants to be on field for 15+ seconds at a time? Your other chars probably need to have abilities that last similarly long time or you're gonna lose DPS. Pick your main character for the team, figure out which reactions are possible with their element, which characters you have that work with those elements, and who can fulfill various roles (main dps, sub dps, support being the main 3 roles). Easy rule is pick one reaction and focus on that, but you can get as simple (mono element) or complex as you want. The character will also determine this, since Lyney wants mono-pyro because of his abilities.

How to stat them out? Read the talents to determine what they do, how they scale, etc. If your healer's heal skill scales off of Max HP, you probably wanna stack HP%. If they don't have any special scaling, it's basically just down to their role. DPS probably wants crit at a 2:1 ratio because that's just optimal given the rules of the game. If you've got dendro reactions in the mix, they probably also want EM.

Talent priority, it depends on your team and rotation. Are you using the talent? If not, don't touch it. Tons of characters you can leave normal attacks at lvl 1 because you just never use it during the rotation. Main DPS though, you probably need to make it your #1 priority. Freeze Ganyu often doesn't cast her burst because of the long casting time, so why bother spending the time/resources to level it up? ZhongLi is a shield bot and shall only shield, not gonna waste my time leveling up his ability to hit things with a stick.

This is basically a stamina-limited mobile game in terms of actual character power progress, so anything you spend on upgrading takes some % of your productive play time. You don't need to min-max making sure you never waste a point of resin or anything, but you also don't wanna spend it on things you're never gonna use.

Or you can checkout KQM or the google doc where someone else has done the math to determine what's gonna be optimal, and you can just aim for something close to that.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Rabbit Hill posted:

[*]How can you tell -- within the game itself (so, not consulting external resources) -- which kinds of stats to focus on when picking artifacts for each character? For example, take elemental mastery -- where do I need to look within the game itself to learn that [Characters A, G, and M] need high elemental mastery stats but [Characters J, P, and S] don't?

You mostly just have to read their talent descriptions. Some characters specifically have abilities/passives that scale from EM.
General rule of thumb is that characters that do a lot of reactions want EM:

-Anemo characters that swirl a lot (Venti/Sucrose/Kazuha/Anemo Traveler) or specifically scale with EM as part of their abilities (Kazuha/Sayu). These usually want lots of EM.
-Electro characters that are off-field a lot and help you with reactions (Fischl/Kuki Shinobu/Yae Miko). Some others can be built towards this as well (Lisa/Raiden Shogun). Lots of EM as well, the big payoff for this is frequently the hyperbloom reaction (Dendro+Hydro, then hitting the Bloom with Electro), which requires only the electro character to have tons of EM.
-Electro/Dendro characters that are on-field in a quicken/aggrevate team comp (Electro+Dendro reaction) benefit a bit from EM, but it probably shouldn't be your sole focus (Keqing/Cyno/Alhaitham/Tighnari)
-Some Dendro characters (Nahida/Alhaitham/Kaveh) have EM scaling on their abilities or specific gimmicks concerning it. These want lots of EM.
-Some pyro characters like aiming for a small amount of EM, since Vaporize/Melt reactions are easy to set up with characters like Xingqiu/Yelan/Furina/Rosaria/Diona et cetera.

Of note: Most reactions (with the exception of melt and vaporize) scale with level as well as EM, so you might want to level your characters first in order to increase their reaction damage. Superconduct never deals any damage, but it's pretty relevant to level your characters for Overload/Burgeon/Hyperbloom/Bloom/Swirl-damage.

Hydro, Cryo and Geo units frequently don't care for EM. Geo never wants EM. Cryo has some gimmicky shatter/melt builds, but that's more something that people eventually try to make work for fun, rather than something to really think about.

Rabbit Hill posted:

[*] Also within the game itself, what info will tell me which characters work well together in a team and which don't, beyond their elemental compatibility? For example, if I know I need a pyro character in a team and all my pyro characters are equally strong, what information would let me determine that (based on the composition of my team) I should use (say) Bennett and not Xiangling? So far, I've been treating the characters of the same element and strength as basically interchangeable except for how fun/annoying they are to play.

This is mostly just down to experience. Team builds are usually based around supportive abilities that last while the characters is off-field. Like Bennetts and Xianglings ultimate sticking around when you switch to someone else. You'll benefit from Bennetts ATK bonus after switching to a more offensively focused character and Xianglings pyronado spins around inflicting pyro on enemies that you can then use with other characters to do reactions. That kind of thing.

Rabbit Hill posted:

[*]In Sumeru and Fontaine, there are jewelry vendors (with their own diamond icons on the map) that won't sell you anything -- what's up with that? Is that future content that hasn't been released yet?

Sumeru, Inazuma and Fontaine have an additional receptacle for their respective elemental sigil coin things. You need to finish those first before the jewelry vendor opens shop, since these other ways to spend sigils actually give you much better rewards. The jewelry vendors in Inazuma and Sumeru only sell decorative items for your teapot. The Fontaine vendor isn't accessible to anyone yet, since those sigils cannot be maxed out in the current patch.

Fontaine sigils get spent at the big fountain in front of the Opera Epiclese
Inazuma sigils get spent at the Sacred Sakura in Narukami Shrine
Sumeru sigils get spent in Vanarana (It's in the northwest of the rain forest)

Zwiebel fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 21, 2023

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

Rabbit Hill posted:

within the game itself (so, not consulting external resources)

Best of luck, friend

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Thanks for your detailed responses! I will read them and internalize them slowly. :tipshat:

But:

Hobbes posted:

The moral of the story is: if you want to optimize anything or power up in a meaningful way, consult external resources.
Noooooo I stare at spreadsheets all day at work, don't tell me I need to stare at spreadsheets after work too noooooooo

(Uh...I'm not crying, it's just raining outside....)

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
honestly most of the really complex optimization is also last-mile stuff

"equip your best f2p weapon, have enough energy recharge, and use the correct main stat on your sand/goblet/circlet" is enough to clear everything that isn't Abyss and probably even Abyss if you work on your dodging skills and rotations, which are much more susceptible to learning via hands-on experience

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.
Yeah, I don’t mess with abyss that often so I have never looked at a spreadsheet but I at least needed the external resource of this thread to tell me how to make baby’s first hyperbloom team

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
You don't really need to study spreadsheets super hard until you're trying to do things like The Abyss or get hard-stuck against bosses.

You'll be getting quests that increase your Adventure Rank cap. I wouldn't recommend doing this until you're comfortably killing everything at your level, because it can be a pretty steep increase in difficulty if you're not prepared. You don't have to worry about losing Adventure Rank experience, it banks and once you decide to complete the quest, it will restore the banked experience you got. I think one time I had stayed capped for so long I got 8 levels immediately.

Generally you should focus first on whichever playstyle you prefer. Either with a Main DPS that will be on the field most of the time (Razor, Eula, Neuvillette), or an elemental team that will constantly swap out to create reactions (Such as Hyperbloom). Since you're still new it's really going to depend on what you get out of the gacha aspect so if you want to post your team and one or two characters you enjoy playing now, we can craft a team for you in the thread. Generally if you have nobody else, Xiangling is a good first Main DPS to start on because she's relevant at pretty much all points of the game (You can either use her as main DPS and keep her on the field, or just focus on her skill/ultimate which can do a ton of pyro damage off field)

This game is definitely a marathon, not a sprint. Unless you make a b-line to finish the Archon (Main story) quests immediately there's hundreds and hundreds of hours of things to do in this game. There's the Tea-Pot (Which is a house building sim that gives you some bonuses including extra Resin, leveling books, and passive friendship levels), there's fishing which can give you some pretty great Free To Play weapons, there's Hangout events which are like half visual novel, half gameplay and if you're some kind of masochist you can open up an interactive map and collect every single treasure chest in a nation.

The only thing that's really locked behind a timer in this game is character strength (Leveling up a character, leveling up weapons, leveling up talents) and outside of that you're free to do pretty much anything else. Even if you're trying to farm overworld items to level up a character and run out, you can just use the multiplayer menu to go to someone's world, ask if it's alright to farm items, and continue on your merry way (It also works for fishing if you want to complete that in one sitting)

This is the guide that helped me fix my account when I was still doing really dumb stuff and wasting my time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHa_qWCWWy8

As the guide says, and I agree, there's no reason to ascend past 45 if you're not ready. I'd focus on making your team as powerful as possible before attempting to level up anymore because it just gets harder after that

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 21, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Rabbit Hill posted:

[*]How can you tell -- within the game itself (so, not consulting external resources) -- which kinds of stats to focus on when picking artifacts for each character? For example, take elemental mastery -- where do I need to look within the game itself to learn that [Characters A, G, and M] need high elemental mastery stats but [Characters J, P, and S] don't?
Strictly staying in the game is hard. Most of what determines when and how much elemental mastery is good depends on the specific scaling calculations of reactions, which aren't formally exposed in-game. Very roughly characters that are built around triggering the reactions that scale with crit as well as EM (vaporize, melt, spread/quicken/aggravate) want around 300 EM. Characters built around triggering reactions that scale without using crit want entirely EM (this is technically electro-charged, overload, superconduct, swirl, burgeon, and hyperbloom but only a few of these reactions are worth building around at all). Note that "trigger" is a loaded word in this context, in a reaction like hyperbloom which involves three different elements only the character who applied the last element will have their EM used for the damage calculation.

Rabbit Hill posted:

[*] Also within the game itself, what info will tell me which characters work well together in a team and which don't, beyond their elemental compatibility? For example, if I know I need a pyro character in a team and all my pyro characters are equally strong, what information would let me determine that (based on the composition of my team) I should use (say) Bennett and not Xiangling? So far, I've been treating the characters of the same element and strength as basically interchangeable except for how fun/annoying they are to play.
The most important statistic for each character are the % damage numbers of their talents, which are exposed via the talent section. That will basically communicate the rough power level of each ability. But then another extremely important variable, something people call ICD, isn't at all communicated in-game, and this hidden variable is what makes Xiangling so powerful (it lets her burst vaporize on every hit instead of once every three hits). There are so many interactions in this game that it might be easier to see how people use specific characters to understand what their kits can fully do. At the same time, at AR45 you can't really use characters the way an endgame player would because you won't have enough energy recharge, so you'll probably profit the most by using characters with powerful elemental skills like Fischl.

Even though this game's gameplay is simple the mechanics are shockingly rich with entire comps built around stuff like unintuitive bennett burst interactions.

Rabbit Hill posted:

[*]On the Talents screen, where it tells you the order of priority in building up each talent, does that mean you should aim to max out Talent #1 before moving on to adding any levels to Talent #2? (So after ascending a few times, your Talent #1 would be at, say, Level 6 and the other talents would still be Level 1.)
[/spoiler]
It's highly variable. Raiden Shogun's third priority talent, her normal attack, is absolutely useless. While all three of Kamisato Ayaka's talents are useful.

[quote="Rabbit Hill" post="536079140"]
[*]In Sumeru and Fontaine, there are jewelry vendors (with their own diamond icons on the map) that won't sell you anything -- what's up with that? Is that future content that hasn't been released yet?
They sell a tiny amount of stuff in exchange for sigils, like the souvenir shop in Mondstadt but with even less useful stuff. They'll open once you max out that region's 50 level reward structure (the first major region to have one of these was Inazuma with its Narukami shrine).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Nov 21, 2023

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
I think one of the big reasons people are so quick to run to an online guide with this game is that it takes around a month of real time to fully build a new character (max levels, talents, artifacts), so only the extremely patient (or longtime veterans) can afford the trial-and-error required to just play around with various characters and teams to see what really works best. The investment is just so massive that it feels safer to consult an external resource until you've gathered enough scraps along the way to branch out for yourself.

The hardest endgame content (Spiral Abyss) also seems balanced with the expectation that players attempting the challenge will have taken advantage of the combined experience of 50 million people or whatever the playerbase is at these days.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

darkgray posted:

I think one of the big reasons people are so quick to run to an online guide with this game is that it takes around a month of real time to fully build a new character (max levels, talents, artifacts), so only the extremely patient (or longtime veterans) can afford the trial-and-error required to just play around with various characters and teams to see what really works best. The investment is just so massive that it feels safer to consult an external resource until you've gathered enough scraps along the way to branch out for yourself.

The hardest endgame content (Spiral Abyss) also seems balanced with the expectation that players attempting the challenge will have taken advantage of the combined experience of 50 million people or whatever the playerbase is at these days.
I mean the game is straight up confusing. The most important mechanic in elemental reactions, ICD, isn't exposed in-game at all and half of the strong characters in the game are only strong because of ICD. There are tons of reasons to read guides there's a massive amount of interactions.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rabbit Hill posted:

Thanks for your detailed responses! I will read them and internalize them slowly. :tipshat:

But:

Noooooo I stare at spreadsheets all day at work, don't tell me I need to stare at spreadsheets after work too noooooooo

(Uh...I'm not crying, it's just raining outside....)

I've never worked in an office so when people say 'spreadsheets' I assume they mean it literally, like Microsodt Excel spreadsheets but from what I've been using they're more like proper documents. https://keqingmains.com/nahida/

If nothing else they're helpful for figuring out what artifact set to give someone. The in-game main stat tab doesn't tell you what you should equip just that everyone builds Kazuha for EM and Fischl as Atk%, Electro dmg, and crit rate or damage.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

RareAcumen posted:

I've never worked in an office so when people say 'spreadsheets' I assume they mean it literally, like Microsodt Excel spreadsheets but from what I've been using they're more like proper documents. https://keqingmains.com/nahida/

If nothing else they're helpful for figuring out what artifact set to give someone. The in-game main stat tab doesn't tell you what you should equip just that everyone builds Kazuha for EM and Fischl as Atk%, Electro dmg, and crit rate or damage.
I think they're referring to the spreadsheet in the OP, which is a fairly quick overview for every character. The full guides on KeqingMains go into more detail on weapon choices, team compositions, etc. but they're probably overkill unless you're building for floor 11/12.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I’m also a newbie (AR21!) and this is super helpful. I need something to help me keep track of what items I need to farm for/buy/craft for different characters and artifacts and weapons and such, because they are all a blur to me. I assume there are patterns that emerge (Hydro all need this for their ascensions, 40 ascension is 3-star items, etc) and I may or may not learn those over time.

Right now I’m just heading to Liyue as the game unsubtly recommends, and trying to get my core teams levelled enough to keep up with the content.

I don’t even have a camera!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

I’m also a newbie (AR21!) and this is super helpful. I need something to help me keep track of what items I need to farm for/buy/craft for different characters and artifacts and weapons and such, because they are all a blur to me. I assume there are patterns that emerge (Hydro all need this for their ascensions, 40 ascension is 3-star items, etc) and I may or may not learn those over time.

Right now I’m just heading to Liyue as the game unsubtly recommends, and trying to get my core teams levelled enough to keep up with the content.

I don’t even have a camera!

Gonna recommend this website, after you fill out your inventory, it does most of the 'what can I/ should I grind for today' https://genshin-center.com/planner

Kale
May 14, 2010

Within 30 pulls of losing the 50/50. We take those.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

No Wave posted:

I mean the game is straight up confusing. The most important mechanic in elemental reactions, ICD, isn't exposed in-game at all and half of the strong characters in the game are only strong because of ICD. There are tons of reasons to read guides there's a massive amount of interactions.

I guess it depends how you're playing it. It's got in-game descriptions of all the reactions, and just "make lots of reactions!" is going to more than get you through stuff. Anything past that, though, is exactly like every other game with mechanics deeper than Press Button. It's not the most complex game but I feel like if you're explicitly stating "in-game" you already know you're going to have to go wiki/spreadsheet diving.

Being nearly complete with Sumeru, they really dialed poo poo up there. Time-locked quests that require revisiting places you otherwise wouldn't, items that drop after a reset where some NPC once was, doors deep in caves/dungeons that you can only unlock way later, new mechanics in every area, objects that are a mystery until you're down a quest chain requiring two daily resets that also require an earlier long quest chain with its own requirements... it's a lot. At one point I was pining for the days of strategy guides just so I'd have a sequential walkthrough for everything.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Working on Furina, trying to get her up to 90, and man, why can I find Whopper Flowers when I'm just running around, but the second I NEED them, they gently caress off?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Incoherence posted:

I think they're referring to the spreadsheet in the OP, which is a fairly quick overview for every character. The full guides on KeqingMains go into more detail on weapon choices, team compositions, etc. but they're probably overkill unless you're building for floor 11/12.

Oh that would explain it, I haven't used the spreadsheet in like 5 patches now ever since KeqingMains got brought to my attention while I was trying to put together a good Genius Invokation TCG deck.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Anora posted:

Working on Furina, trying to get her up to 90, and man, why can I find Whopper Flowers when I'm just running around, but the second I NEED them, they gently caress off?
https://genshin-impact-map.appsample.com/

Uncheck the Oculus at the top, check Teleporters, Domains, and Statues of the 7. Then scroll down towards the bottom and check all the Wopperflowers. For some reason the in-game guide only gives you like 15 or so before going on cooldown and it's nowhere close to as many are in the actual game

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Why on earth are world bosses capable of dropping as few as 2 ascension mats still, at WL8!? Have started prefarming for Navia and most of my Icewind Suite drops are just 2s, which sucks.

WL9/10 when?

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www-recordchina-co-jp.translate.goog/b924120-s25-c30-d0193.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Yeesh apparently some university student died after spending 5 consecutive nights of playing Genshin without sleep or rest. I've heard a similar case of a Starcraft addict dying in a Korean E-cafe after pulling a similar stunt. Hopefully nobody from the CCP has an axe to grind at the moment against gaming. Honestly it just sounds like this guys own carelessness.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Kale posted:

https://www-recordchina-co-jp.translate.goog/b924120-s25-c30-d0193.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Yeesh apparently some university student died after spending 5 consecutive nights of playing Genshin without sleep or rest. I've heard a similar case of a Starcraft addict dying in a Korean E-cafe after pulling a similar stunt. Hopefully nobody from the CCP has an axe to grind at the moment against gaming. Honestly it just sounds like this guys own carelessness.

The worst part is, he was only 45 minutes of dialogue from finishing the groundhog day storyline in Sumeru.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Kale posted:

I did play Genshin so obsessively for my first few weeks that I ended up with some inflammation in my Normal Attack finger. There but for the grace of God, I guess.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm at 40 rolls and I'm curious what my percent chance to get Furina in every roll at this point

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Meowywitch posted:

I'm at 40 rolls and I'm curious what my percent chance to get Furina in every roll at this point

I'm not sure anyone has official numbers but it's something like 0.5% or 0.6% per pull until you hit pity, at which point it starts going up by 6% for each pull past 74.

e: to get a 5-star at all, sorry. without a guarantee halve that as the poster below me notes

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 22, 2023

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

0.3% if you're on the 50-50, 0.6% if you're on the guarantee. Pity doesn't kick in until 74.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Interesting, thanks. It is a guarantee.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Apparently there are rumours that they'll start running three character banners at a time at some point during 4.x. I don't think I buy that, but it does seem like that'll have to happen eventually. I'm not sure what they'll do with the weapon banner in that case. It's probably too much to hope for that they split it up into three different banners with a single 75% limited 5-star each like Star Rail, huh?

Kale
May 14, 2010

I finished the 3rd part of that Mary-Anne quest last night and have no real idea what any of that was about. :confused:

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Any Furina c1 havers? How do you like it compared to c0? I know personally when I get constellations I always overly justify it so I’m looking for some objectivity - I am at exactly 75 pulls, and I am starting to doubt since I’m not really having any difficulty issues so c1 is starting to feel like I might not value it over being right at pity for Navia. But I also know that the last archon I got constellations for I didn’t regret it (Raiden).

With Neuvi (who is c1) i don’t think I would feel the c1 much since he builds stacks quickly but I’m thinking maybe in other teams, and since she slots into other teams it could be worth it. However with Navia and also with me wanting to get Ganyu’s mom I’m starting to consider that I should save the 5 star pull. Hoping to hear some experiences either way about how c1 feels. I don’t have her weapon (using Festering Desire) if that matters.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

rio posted:

Any Furina c1 havers? How do you like it compared to c0? I know personally when I get constellations I always overly justify it so I’m looking for some objectivity - I am at exactly 75 pulls, and I am starting to doubt since I’m not really having any difficulty issues so c1 is starting to feel like I might not value it over being right at pity for Navia. But I also know that the last archon I got constellations for I didn’t regret it (Raiden).

With Neuvi (who is c1) i don’t think I would feel the c1 much since he builds stacks quickly but I’m thinking maybe in other teams, and since she slots into other teams it could be worth it. However with Navia and also with me wanting to get Ganyu’s mom I’m starting to consider that I should save the 5 star pull. Hoping to hear some experiences either way about how c1 feels. I don’t have her weapon (using Festering Desire) if that matters.
If there are upcoming characters you know you want, and you don't have enough primos saved up to guarantee them either way, there's never been a constellation made that's worth the risk. The only people who'll tell you otherwise are trying to justify their own poor spending decisions, or got them very early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

shout out to whose only 5 star c1 is qiqi