Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

freeedr posted:

I thought you were singing It’s the End of the World as we Know It

LEONARD BERNSTEIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

freeedr posted:

You know, judging by hank hill’s style, I would think he pictures this when someone says jay peg:

He seems like he would have pegboard in his garage.

"Which I call...Peggyboard!"

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

You know how in Return of the Jedi when they take C3P0 and R2D2 down to the robot resources department to find then work for Jabba, and there's some droid apparently torturing a gonk-esque droid by putting hot irons on his feet?

What was up with that?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Ralph Crammed In posted:

You know how in Return of the Jedi when they take C3P0 and R2D2 down to the robot resources department to find then work for Jabba, and there's some droid apparently torturing a gonk-esque droid by putting hot irons on his feet?

What was up with that?

they're bad guys

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I need some context with this

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Guillermus posted:

GONK.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Ralph Crammed In posted:

What was up with that?

Crime is badass

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Jabba is such a bad dude he'll torture a robot by burning its feet.

Then you have to wonder who's worse: Jabba or the designer of the EG-6 power droid to feel pain (especially in its feet).

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

pseudorandom posted:

PYF Memes: Man creats meme

bread and butter pickles might be the most disgusting thing I've ever tried to eat

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Ralph Crammed In posted:

What was up with that?

Volcanic survey gonk undergoing calibration procedure.

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

this is like reading a stroke

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Guillermus posted:

It’s all explained here.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Guillermus posted:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

TK-42-1 posted:

this is like reading a stroke

Would you like a star wars analogy

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Leftist memes be like?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I’m somehow thinking in French with an Aussie accent. I did not know that was possible.
Croixey!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
fouraix

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

What's in the wok

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Grassy Knowles posted:

What's in the wok

Gagh

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That's not how you pronounce Bach

[in Jerry Cotton voice] loving Anglos

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I pronounce it Bach

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
gently caress I’ve been pronouncing it Moog

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Grassy Knowles posted:

What's in the wok

It's Gagh: https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Gagh

The source image is on that page, too.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

It's Gagh: https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Gagh

The source image is on that page, too.

I like going onto fan wikis sometimes to see what they bother making articles for. I thought for sure that the link for "worm with feet" was gonna lead to an article about the worm, but of course it was an article about human feet.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...104e8266043473&
e, sorry changed the song

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 06:55 on Nov 23, 2023

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

He put a cardboard box underneath the pot to catch any oil that boils over, I see nothing wrong with this setup.

Comedy option: His phone isn't the only thing that's about to die :rip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYvMWIvghnQ

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
Normal people don’t cut really cook turkey in a deep fryer vat, right? It’s just the broken-brained?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
If you are going to deep-fry your turkey, ensure you have an assistant to help you keep safe, check the oil temp, and to help determine when the turkey is done.

Chef de Cuisine Mr. Pickles is always by my side to really get hands on with the deep-fryer.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Creature posted:

Normal people don’t cut really cook turkey in a deep fryer vat, right? It’s just the broken-brained?

Can hear this spoken by your avatar

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Deep-fried turkey is delightful, but boy oh boy are there dangers.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
looks around. "Uhhhh"

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H5Yak9HQeo&t=4s

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Creature posted:

As has come up in the OSHA thread, no deep frying turkeys is fine. A lot quicker, and in some ways easier, than doing an oven roast all day long.

But there are dangers to be aware of that most people who see "deep frying turkies is THE BOMB" as a youtube recommendation and do no further research aren't going to pay attention to.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Creature posted:

Depends how you define "normal". Lots of people do it.

Usually the main risk is accidentally introducing aerosolized fat to flame and creating an inferno, but this person is adding the bonus card of carbon monoxide poisoning.

You CAN fry a turkey with no issues and have it turn out well if you've got a lot of room in your fryer (e.g. the oil is nowhere near the top) and you minimize the amount of water on the turkey, especially making sure it is not frozen at all. But never ever do it inside and even if you're doing it outside, have a fire extinguisher handy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Ahh, hello. Was it you who rang the Bell of Awakening?