Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
I assume it wouldn't be possible to do that, someone would unconsciously slip it out and no one would notice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
It may also move things with "fate" - if a gem is in a box at the bottom of the ocean, then suddenly an underwater volcano would erupt and launch it onto a passing boat or some poo poo.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Some type of bottom feeder will eat it, some other fish eats them, goes like this until it gets a fish with it inside to the owner, I guess

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's gonna be really fun to reread this and understand how all of this works in 5 years.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

The safe will get snagged on the coffin of a vampire that is being pulled onto a fishing boat.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

It's gonna be really fun to reread this and understand how all of this works in 5 years.
Can’twai t for the dragons dream explanation

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

i'm the guy chasing a watch around which is not unusual and perfectly normal

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

AlphaKeny1 posted:

i'm the guy chasing a watch around which is not unusual and perfectly normal

Hey it's extremely polished and slippery okay? It's practically frictionless!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/jojo_wiki/status/1725560927464968546?s=20

lmao

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Wonder of U deals damage to the enemy whenever they move towards him, constantly.

As a result, Pet Shop becomes once again the top of the food chain by virtue of spamming projectiles and moving up.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

lol eat poo poo joshu

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

this pretty much guarantees that josuke's getting updated, right? no way they're adding wonder of u and not go beyond

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Nov 17, 2023

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
lmao he can attack with rock bugs

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that's insanely funny, goddamn

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i said he'd be impossible to implement, egg on my face

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Missed opportunity if he doesn't have at least one Akefu skin

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I was really not a fan of many things about the Wonder Of U fight, but drat if that's not one of the best Stand designs the series has ever had.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
It should be illegal for stands to wear human clothes

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

The one time reading the comments was worth it goddamn

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Robviously posted:

Lmao

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
If there's one jojo that doesn't have to pursue them it's Gappy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/StickerTricker/status/1726965457843069369?s=20

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Wonder of U sounds like he could be 87... maybe 88.

Any older would be absolutely outrageous.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I've only heard one sentence from Tooru, but it sounds like he's trying a bit too hard to sound nonthreatening. It's great.

Also, I just read the latest chapter. I'm getting Invasion of the Body Snatchers vibes off of those last few pages, but it's gonna be way weirder than that, I just know it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Player 2: -takes one step towards Wonder of U, only to immediately be crushed to death by their own health bar-

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

"The Toru"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Robviously posted:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Imagining a theoretical encounter between Wonder of U and D4C [[Love Train]] just turning into some sort of Wile E Coyote/Tom & Jerry slapstick routine as lethal disasters keep bouncing between the two stand users

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

If I remember how Love Train works, the flow of calamity would just be flung away from Funny to Somewhere Else right? So while Funny isn't technically immune, some dude is gonna wonder why a chipped airplane wing is coming for them from across the country.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

LightningKimba posted:

If I remember how Love Train works, the flow of calamity would just be flung away from Funny to Somewhere Else right? So while Funny isn't technically immune, some dude is gonna wonder why a chipped airplane wing is coming for them from across the country.

Yeah, unless Wonder of U is argued to be able to overcome Love Train (and honestly it could since it's pretty much stated to be Calamity itself), Funny could pursue Tooru as much as he wants cause he (and the USA if it went as he planned) would just redirect calamities to the rest of the world.

Now, the true question is if Ball Breaker and Tusk Act 4 and the Infinite Spin can overcome Wonder of U like Go Beyond does.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Now, the true question is if Ball Breaker and Tusk Act 4 and the Infinite Spin can overcome Wonder of U like Go Beyond does.

I mean, that's the resson Go Beyond worked. Cus it did the perfect spin. So yeah

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I bet Jonathan could overcome wonder of u with like an ultimate rainbow colored overdrive or something

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Jonathan couldn't overcome a trick than Joseph did with a couple of shot glasses. He was a boy not built for Jojo shenanigans :(

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Terper posted:

I mean, that's the resson Go Beyond worked. Cus it did the perfect spin. So yeah

Wasn't it because due to how Josuke created bubbles he created "non-existent" bubbles that ignored the flow of Calamity?

Mind you, I do agree they'd both be able to overcome Wonder of U, but for different reasons (given how Infinite Spin pursued Funny through alternate universes and let Johnny move through Time Stop I'm guessing it would just overcome the "calamity" protection and follow Tooru forever, even if Wonder of U gets the user)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Wasn't it because due to how Josuke created bubbles he created "non-existent" bubbles that ignored the flow of Calamity?
Yes, because they spun, just like Johnny

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

WoU's calamity actually feels quite balanced for meta game thinking stand vs stand poo poo.

Killer Queen wouldn't have much chance but with the way Bites The Dust works, it relies on you finding Kira's secret, so hypothetically, because you need to trigger the attack on yourself, it arguably wouldn't trigger the pursuit aspect of WoU.
Knowing when to cancel BTD to save your kills is another question ofc but eh.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Yeah, unless Wonder of U is argued to be able to overcome Love Train (and honestly it could since it's pretty much stated to be Calamity itself), Funny could pursue Tooru as much as he wants cause he (and the USA if it went as he planned) would just redirect calamities to the rest of the world.

given how WoU ramps up the calamity the longer it gets pursued this would probably lead to the world not existing except for the usa

which is likely valentine's ideal scenario so point to him

Terper posted:

Yes, because they spun, just like Johnny

unlike johnny's though it's like impossible to aim and is even more impractical than act 4

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Nov 24, 2023

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Official part 6 Viz translation is rolling along

Wheres THE mouse?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

God, we're probably only a year or two out from SBR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I am glad these are getting officially released, but censoring Annasui's rant should be illegal.