Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I’ve used both Jabra and Poly headsets, they’re generally solid and dedicated mute status light on the USB dongle is worth the price of admission to me. My current one is the Jabra Evolve2 65 Flex, I got a decent price on Newegg for them without the charging pad [works with anything Qi based]. I prefer the on ears like the Jabra 65 or Poly Voyager Focus because they’re much lighter and I’m in a lot of meetings. I tried the Poly Voyager 8200 and it was too heavy/bulky for me. There’s a ton of refurb headsets on eBay if you’re getting sticker shock from the prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I’ve always preferred to have a separate mic rather than using a headset.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

i have a set of those $25 moondrop space travels on the way, i hear they're very well tuned especially for the price.

These are really impressive. The stock tuning is great if you like a really big bass bump. I much prefer the toned down "monitor" setting because the stock bass is right on the edge of me not being able to take it seriously. There's a Basshead setting as well that is completely bonkers over the top if that's your bag. If this was just a good sounding TWS set with no frills at this price, it would be a good deal. What's impressing me is that it has a gaming mode that actually works to cut latency to like 2 frames, pretty decent ANC, and you can remap the controls however you want. I get like 4.5 hours on a charge which is okay at best, and the app is extremely, EXTREMELY garbage, but again, fuckin $25 for all that and better tuning than airpods. poo poo's actually crazy.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

qirex posted:

I’ve used both Jabra and Poly headsets, they’re generally solid and dedicated mute status light on the USB dongle is worth the price of admission to me. My current one is the Jabra Evolve2 65 Flex, I got a decent price on Newegg for them without the charging pad [works with anything Qi based]. I prefer the on ears like the Jabra 65 or Poly Voyager Focus because they’re much lighter and I’m in a lot of meetings. I tried the Poly Voyager 8200 and it was too heavy/bulky for me. There’s a ton of refurb headsets on eBay if you’re getting sticker shock from the prices.
The most comfy headphones + mic will always be the best solution for someone who's ok with having big headphones on zoom calls.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Digital Jedi posted:

My last 2 pairs of Pixel A Buds both ended up failing in the same way. The right ear bud's volume is extremely quite and off balances it with the left one. It's so annoying hearing loud in one ear. It's happened in the past a few times and usually a good solid cleaning fixes it but this time it won't.

Looking for recs on a new pair of buds. I want avoid Pixel A obviously but unsure if the Pros would be any better.

Budget:$200 (Not in a big rush so I will wait till Black Friday sales start popping up)
Source: Pixel 8 Pro
Use case: Podcast, Music, youtube listening. Just your general use from a nonaudiophile .
Preferences: Basic touch controls, and 5+ hour battery on charge.

I assume you've tried cleaning out the quiet bud to make sure it's not blocked by ear wax? I know that's a common issue with buds in general.

Godzilla07 posted:

Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro are on sale for $160 for Black Friday everywhere

Samsung.com has them for this price right now, but will take another $50 off if you trade in a "wired headset" which can literally be a dollar store earbud with mic so you end up at $110 + tax. I've seen them for similar prices without trade-in on Amazon before, but it's unclear to me if some of those are gray market and might not be covered by a US warranty.

Samsung.com also has the Buds FE for $45 with the same trade in of any wired/wireless headset. The FE gives up a few of the features of the normal buds 2 and the Buds 2 Pro, but reviews indicate that the sound quality and noise cancellation are solid and they fit better for some people. Battery life is also better.

Feedbacker
Nov 20, 2004

Anyone know if the PS5 Dualsense headphone jack can drive the HD560S sufficiently? I've seen mixed responses when trying to Google the answer to this question.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Feedbacker posted:

Anyone know if the PS5 Dualsense headphone jack can drive the HD560S sufficiently? I've seen mixed responses when trying to Google the answer to this question.

They work fine, but given that they're open backs the bass is pretty weak, which doesn't make for satisfying gaming imo

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I got the Beats Flex in the end and they're ok I guess. Weird software choices like no auto power off when left idle, and no visible battery power indicator when connected to my phone, but they were reduced to £45 so not bad.

But the weirdest thing is the fit, it's absolutely bizarre and at first I thought the audio quality was just flat out bad, but I think it's because the actual length (depth?) of the buds is so short that they just do not get into your ear properly at all.

Using the exact same ear tips as I had on my P13s the fit is awful, only after I dug up a pair of those longer two stage ones from my huge bag of old tips did I get something close to a decent fit and they then sounded a lot better.

Maybe they're just designed for literal children with tiny ears idk.

Feedbacker
Nov 20, 2004

The Perfect Element posted:

They work fine, but given that they're open backs the bass is pretty weak, which doesn't make for satisfying gaming imo

I’ve got an old ATH M50s for a closed back with ample bass, but I’m interested in trying an open back because I love the PS5’s positional audio and I’d like to have something that really lets that shine. Is the bass on the 560S really that anemic? I was also taking a look at the Beyer TYGR 300R, Beyer’s site says it’s basically a DT 990 Pro signature with some tweaks, so more V-shaped than the 560S. Anyone have experience with the 300R?

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Feedbacker posted:

The Dualsense's headphone audio sounded really bad to me when I tried to use it during FFXVI with a my ATH M50xs. Just seemed really compressed.

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT

Feedbacker posted:

I’ve got an old ATH M50s for a closed back with ample bass, but I’m interested in trying an open back because I love the PS5’s positional audio and I’d like to have something that really lets that shine. Is the bass on the 560S really that anemic? I was also taking a look at the Beyer TYGR 300R, Beyer’s site says it’s basically a DT 990 Pro signature with some tweaks, so more V-shaped than the 560S. Anyone have experience with the 300R?

I had a set of HD 58X for about a month. Those had pretty good sub-bass extension compared to most open backs, even off an ordinary headphone jack. It still needed 2-3 dB of boost, but it was all there. I'm not familiar with headphone jack outputs on game controllers, but I'm not sure I would trust using one with hi-fi headphones.

Most Sennheiser headphones (with a few exceptions I can't think of right now) are going to be more mid-forward than other brands, so that description of the 300R relative to the 560S checks out. I personally didn't enjoy my Sennheisers for gaming all that much because I preferred something with a little more punch. I'm not one who notices soundstage that much unless it's particularly bad, but the Beyerdynamic DT 770s (and possibly other models) are supposed to have almost-open-back levels of performance in this area. Again, I own a set and I still couldn't tell you either way.

Feedbacker posted:

The Dualsense's headphone audio sounded really bad to me when I tried to use it during FFXVI with a my ATH M50xs. Just seemed really compressed.

Compressed as in media codec or compressed as in dynamic range?

Zorilla fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 21, 2023

Feedbacker
Nov 20, 2004

susan b buffering posted:

Weird, I've never had that issue, at least not that I'm able to perceive. The only thing I've run into that was close was a compression-like effect when the plug wasn't fully seated in the headphone jack.

Feedbacker
Nov 20, 2004

Zorilla posted:

I had a set of HD 58X for about a month. Those had pretty good sub-bass extension compared to most open backs, even off an ordinary headphone jack. It still needed 2-3 dB of boost, but it was all there. I'm not familiar with headphone jack outputs on game controllers, but I'm not sure I would trust using one with hi-fi headphones.

Most Sennheiser headphones (with a few exceptions I can't think of right now) are going to be more mid-forward than other brands, so that description of the 300R relative to the 560S checks out. I personally didn't enjoy my Sennheisers for gaming all that much because I preferred something with a little more punch. I'm not one who notices soundstage that much unless it's particularly bad, but the Beyerdynamic DT 770s (and possibly other models) are supposed to have almost-open-back levels of performance in this area. Again, I own a set and I still couldn't tell you either way.

Thanks, that's helpful information. The HD560S has 120 ohm impedance, but I understand the sensitivity is pretty high, so I'm hoping the Dualsense would be up to the task. I really don't feel like loving with an amp and running cables across my living room. The 300R impedance is only 32 ohms and it's got pretty high sensitivity as well, so there definitely shouldn't be an issue driving those.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Has anyone had issues with the XM4 over the ears getting a stuck battery indicator? It always says I'm at 20% now even if they should have a full charge.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Well drat. Just splurged on a new pair of headphones, decided to go with the Logitech Pro X 2 Lightspeeds after seeing loads of good reviews. Wanted to try the Audeze Maxwell, but everyone was sold out. But man, these Logis sound loving abysmal. I have an old pair of Sennheiser HDR 180 Wireless, and these completely annihilate the Logis. I still like the Sennheiser, but the battery life is definitely last-gen and even with a full charge on fresh batteries they only get about 8-10 hours. Oh well, I'll get my money back on a return, but what a pain in the rear end.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

veni veni veni posted:

Has anyone had issues with the XM4 over the ears getting a stuck battery indicator? It always says I'm at 20% now even if they should have a full charge.

I have not but people on reddit have . Sounds like it's difficult to resolve, and your track record (at least I think it's yours) of having terrible luck with Sony xm headphones continues.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Well drat. Just splurged on a new pair of headphones, decided to go with the Logitech Pro X 2 Lightspeeds after seeing loads of good reviews. Wanted to try the Audeze Maxwell, but everyone was sold out. But man, these Logis sound loving abysmal. I have an old pair of Sennheiser HDR 180 Wireless, and these completely annihilate the Logis. I still like the Sennheiser, but the battery life is definitely last-gen and even with a full charge on fresh batteries they only get about 8-10 hours. Oh well, I'll get my money back on a return, but what a pain in the rear end.

In general, try not to buy headphones from companies that don't primarily make headphones. Except maybe sony.

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT

The Perfect Element posted:

I have not but people on reddit have . Sounds like it's difficult to resolve, and your track record (at least I think it's yours) of having terrible luck with Sony xm headphones continues.

There was a whole Louis Rossmann video about WF-1000XM4 batteries, but those were the in-ears. I could go on about build quality issues on the XM series of over-ears and how they're aggressively anti-repair and engineered to break, but that is a topic for another day and doesn't concern the battery.

On the plus side, the battery appears to use a JST connector instead of being soldered on and glued shut inside a compartment like some headphones.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It turned out they were just being picky as gently caress. After my melting incident with my last pair, I've only been charging them off my macbook or gaming laptop, but for some reason I don't understand, they just stop at 20% now. Plugging them into an outlet on my nightstand lamp gets them to 100 though. No idea wtf is going on with that.

The XM4s have definitely been a love/hate thing. Most comfortable pair of headphones I've ever owned, sound great, love how they look, killer noise cancelling. Just all sorts of annoying issues with charging and batteries though. I also have Inzone H9s which are just basically gaming XM5s and havent had a single issue with them. 2 pairs of XM4s and issues with both though. I dunno wtf is going on with them. it sucks because otherwise I love them so much I can't give them up.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 22, 2023

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Feedbacker posted:

Thanks, that's helpful information. The HD560S has 120 ohm impedance, but I understand the sensitivity is pretty high, so I'm hoping the Dualsense would be up to the task. I really don't feel like loving with an amp and running cables across my living room. The 300R impedance is only 32 ohms and it's got pretty high sensitivity as well, so there definitely shouldn't be an issue driving those.

Hello friend, I tested my HD560S on my Dualsense a few moments ago. I tried GT7 first, and there is not enough of the car sound oomph that I would desire. I switched to Skyrim then and spent two hours just noodling around and listening to the amazing sound design that game has. From thundering timpani to drizzling rain, everything sounds amazing. And there is enough power coming from the controller to drive the cans. So it all depends what you want to play, but outside of a few special cases such as racing games of Ace Combat I don’t see any issues.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I had some HD650s for a while and could not get them to sound good plugged into a dualsense at all. Just super quiet.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Years ago I bought a pair of Sony WH-CH700N over the ear noise cancelling headphones, and they were great especially for the price. The bass was punchy and the sound was well balanced. Sadly, I lost them. So I tried out two different current Sony models and, what gives? Both of them (WHXB910N and WCH-720n - the current version of the ones I originally had) have muddy, mushy bass and a boomy sound overall. Adjusting the EQ settings in the app didn't help much. It's a shame because they're super light and comfortable.

I also tried the JBL - Live 660NC model and I think the sound is much better, but I found them very uncomfortable to wear for long periods.

So I'm looking for a new pair I can hopefully get for under $200 while Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals are going on. Suggestions?

Passburger
May 4, 2013

quote:

Sony WH-CH700N
Those were my first proper pair of bluetooth cans ever, I really liked their sound and functionality. Only downside was the build quality in the long run. Would still recommend them (as I have) for the price though.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Godzilla07 posted:

Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro are on sale for $160 for Black Friday everywhere

I'm looking to get a new pair of earbuds myself after my Sony wf-1000 whatevers have died. I've tried my girlfriend's AirPods Pro 2 with my Pixel 7 and they sound great and they're on sale for $190. are these Samsung ones comparable and better for an Android phone than the Apple buds, or should I just go with the AirPods anyway?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
RME has a remote control app for the ADI-2 DAC that can control every setting, including adding names to the 20 EQ presets.

Here are a bunch of Harman target EQ settings you can directly enter into the ADI-2.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/wiki/index/list_of_presets_rme_adi-2/

This is how I’m hiding from my family for the holiday.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

eddiewalker posted:

RME has a remote control app for the ADI-2 DAC that can control every setting, including adding names to the 20 EQ presets.

Here are a bunch of Harman target EQ settings you can directly enter into the ADI-2.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/wiki/index/list_of_presets_rme_adi-2/

This is how I’m hiding from my family for the holiday.

Woooahh thank you! This is a Windows app right? Not on your phone?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'm surprised that many people have such an expensive DAC but it is apparently one of the best ones you can get and it actually does stuff like EQ and have a good headphone amp unlike most giant R2R audiophile monstrosities.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Anyone using Dolby Atmos for Headphones (from the Windows Store) here?

I'm trying out the trial of it.

Reviews of the app are mixed. Many claim it doesn't work correctly or resets you to trial mode after every restart of the pc.

It's kinda impressive though. Huge improvement to movie audio.

If I do buy it, would I get the version for home theater/TV too, or just headphones?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

PirateBob posted:

Anyone using Dolby Atmos for Headphones (from the Windows Store) here?

I'm trying out the trial of it.

Reviews of the app are mixed. Many claim it doesn't work correctly or resets you to trial mode after every restart of the pc.

It's kinda impressive though. Huge improvement to movie audio.

If I do buy it, would I get the version for home theater/TV too, or just headphones?

I’m not sure about the second question there but I bought it to use with my Xbox and I definitely noticed a difference. It also let me access the windows version and yeah I think it works pretty well.

For me it was definitely worth it on the Xbox as I use my headphones a lot.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

qirex posted:

I'm surprised that many people have such an expensive DAC but it is apparently one of the best ones you can get and it actually does stuff like EQ and have a good headphone amp unlike most giant R2R audiophile monstrosities.

The ADI-2 DAC cost a lot and is serious overkill, but it’s also the last stereo dac and headphone amp I will ever need to own.

It’s objectively perfect and exceeds the limits of human hearing by a huge margin. Plus it’s loaded with features nothing else has. Bit-perfect playback verification, incredible DSP, very flexible EQ, per-ear adjustment, etc

Even the manual is cool. It’s just page after page of “and then we did this other thing to be even more extra”

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Pulling up an old recommendation to give my review:

BeastOfExmoor posted:

TBH, since you're not super picky about sound quality there's probably dozens of over-ears that would be just fine. I personally struggle to wear over-ears for long periods of time because my ears heat up too much, but if you have experience with the Sony's you seem to not have that issue. Anker/Soundcore has a couple models, the Q30 and Q45, that are well regarded and can be found well inside your price point. I have the Q30 and my only complaint is the ANC doesn't work in wired mode, but the Q45 apparently fixed that.

Bought a pair of Anker Q30s based on this rec and the price point at the time ($80), and I quite like them! An upgrade in almost every way over my Sonys. Felt a little tight on my head the first few hours, but once broken in, I found them more comfortable than the WH-H900Ns, which sat more on my ears than over them. ANC is the best I've had so far, and the transparency mode actually works. Bluetooth hardly ever misses, even when I leave my phone down the hall. My only complaint is that the push-and-hold for skip foward/back/power off takes a little too long, and the tiny holes used for the ANC make an annoying sound when you're outside and it's windy, or when I'm riding a bike. Are there any ANC headphones that don't have that annoying whoosh when air's passing over them?

Transparency kicking on every time I touch the right cup is a little annoying too; I get the convenience factor, but I'd really rather just press a button. :v: I suppose the only other bother is that the ANC doesn't work when plugged in for some reason, but that's not that big a deal, since I only plug in at my desk. In any case, thanks for the recommendation! :tipshat:

Which brings me to my next bit. My mee-maw wants some headphones for her job -- I was thinking about just giving her my Q30s and upgrading to a set of Soundcore Q45s, since they're only $80 right now $100 nevermind the $80 are refurbs. Can anyone who's owned both Q30s and Q45s speak to the differences between them? Also, the quality of refurbs from Anker? My refurb'd sonys worked fine except the 3.5mm jack was hosed. I'd have to finagle with it if I wanted to use them with my PC just about every time.

Alternatively, give me your suggestions for other bluetooth headphones.

Budget:$150
Source: Android phone, PC
Use case: Podcasts mainly; music and games at times.
Preferences: Feels solid, comfortable for a big head, easy controls, easy to have on all day for long rides, chores, etc. Decent sound quality. The Q30s are already like, 95% of what I want out of headphones, but I'll pay a little more if there's a huge upgrade.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

qirex posted:

RME is not an audiophile company, they make pro audio gear, so at least it's not exactly a ripoff. That thing has lots of features specific to mastering engineers, and is priced to fit that specific niche. People buying it for home use are wasting immense amounts of money for reasons I can't really fathom but i guess if you're independently wealthy and think they're neat go nuts.

eddiewalker posted:

It’s objectively perfect and exceeds the limits of human hearing by a huge margin.

so does the $8 apple dongle tbf

Dr. Fishopolis fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Nov 24, 2023

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Appoda posted:

Pulling up an old recommendation to give my review:

Bought a pair of Anker Q30s based on this rec and the price point at the time ($80), and I quite like them! An upgrade in almost every way over my Sonys. Felt a little tight on my head the first few hours, but once broken in, I found them more comfortable than the WH-H900Ns, which sat more on my ears than over them. ANC is the best I've had so far, and the transparency mode actually works. Bluetooth hardly ever misses, even when I leave my phone down the hall. My only complaint is that the push-and-hold for skip foward/back/power off takes a little too long, and the tiny holes used for the ANC make an annoying sound when you're outside and it's windy, or when I'm riding a bike. Are there any ANC headphones that don't have that annoying whoosh when air's passing over them?

Transparency kicking on every time I touch the right cup is a little annoying too; I get the convenience factor, but I'd really rather just press a button. :v: I suppose the only other bother is that the ANC doesn't work when plugged in for some reason, but that's not that big a deal, since I only plug in at my desk. In any case, thanks for the recommendation! :tipshat:

Which brings me to my next bit. My mee-maw wants some headphones for her job -- I was thinking about just giving her my Q30s and upgrading to a set of Soundcore Q45s, since they're only $80 right now $100 nevermind the $80 are refurbs. Can anyone who's owned both Q30s and Q45s speak to the differences between them? Also, the quality of refurbs from Anker? My refurb'd sonys worked fine except the 3.5mm jack was hosed. I'd have to finagle with it if I wanted to use them with my PC just about every time.

Alternatively, give me your suggestions for other bluetooth headphones.

Glad the Q30s are treating you well. I haven't tried the Q45's, but my understanding is that the noise cancelling does work with the 3.5mm physical jack FWIW. I'm not sure there's really anything else in the price range that works that well, but the Bose/Sony top-end offerings do come somewhat close to your $150 limit during sales.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I'm looking to get a new pair of earbuds myself after my Sony wf-1000 whatevers have died. I've tried my girlfriend's AirPods Pro 2 with my Pixel 7 and they sound great and they're on sale for $190. are these Samsung ones comparable and better for an Android phone than the Apple buds, or should I just go with the AirPods anyway?

They should be pretty comparable audio-quality wise. I believe you'd lose out on any custom settings for the Airpods on Android so things like tweaking EQ, noise cancellation settings, etc. would be out the window, but I'm not sure how much of those Apple gives you?

I received both the Samsungs Buds 2 Pro and Buds FE this week (got them bundled cheap with a new phone). Both sound great to me, but I don't have the pickiest ears. The FE fit me better due to the shape and for anyone who doesn't 'need' the additional features of the 2 Pro I think the FE are great. I think Samsung.com is selling them for $50 right now if you trade in a 'wired headset' which can be literal dollar store headphones with mic and for that price they're a steal.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

I’m not sure about the second question there but I bought it to use with my Xbox and I definitely noticed a difference. It also let me access the windows version and yeah I think it works pretty well.

For me it was definitely worth it on the Xbox as I use my headphones a lot.

Having tested it a bit more, I'm less convinced. It basically just boosts the volume of all the low volume and low frequency noises. It gives a more cinema type soundscape. But it's kind of an illusion of realism. Not actual realism.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

RME is not an audiophile company, they make pro audio gear, so at least it's not exactly a ripoff. That thing has lots of features specific to mastering engineers, and is priced to fit that specific niche. People buying it for home use are wasting immense amounts of money for reasons I can't really fathom but i guess if you're independently wealthy and think they're neat go nuts.

so does the $8 apple dongle tbf

It has some really good EQ features. Also has galvanic isolated USB connection. Nice. Total overkill for most home users, but if you have the bux and want one of, if not the best functionality out of a DAC with no issues of any kind this is a good one.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

redeyes posted:

Also has galvanic isolated USB connection. Nice. Total overkill for most home users, but if you have the bux and want one of, if not the best functionality out of a DAC with no issues of any kind this is a good one.

don’t brag about doing audiophool poo poo

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

People buying it for home use are wasting immense amounts of money for reasons I can't really fathom but i guess if you're independently wealthy and think they're neat go
Honestly I think it captured so much attention in part because of the sweet animated spectrum graph on the display. A lot of people shopping for that kind of thing were probably also looking at companies like Benchmark which is even more expensive but with fewer features.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

redeyes posted:

It has some really good EQ features. Also has galvanic isolated USB connection.

I too love spending money on snake oil. I hope they sell me gold plated connectors too, because you know, that makes the bits REALLY good.

toothdevil
May 14, 2023

veni veni veni posted:

The XM4s have definitely been a love/hate thing. Most comfortable pair of headphones I've ever owned, sound great, love how they look, killer noise cancelling. Just all sorts of annoying issues with charging and batteries though. I also have Inzone H9s which are just basically gaming XM5s and havent had a single issue with them. 2 pairs of XM4s and issues with both though. I dunno wtf is going on with them. it sucks because otherwise I love them so much I can't give them up.

Haha I just ordered another XM3 because I love mine to death, and an XM4 for a friend just cause they want multipoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Despite the bullshit they are my favorite headphones ever