Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm really curious to see how big that thing actually gets. If I had the space, and the money, I'd absolutely get one.

Godspeed on your 1400-piece journey to assemble it. :patriot:

About a foot tall, give or take. It's pretty big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

build a fortress out of the runners when you're done

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

mllaneza posted:

Aww yeah. Be sure and set the mood for your build sessions. Cook yourself a nice meal. Pour yourself a glass of wine. Set the lighting just right. Put some Barry White on or something like that. Don't just turn the lights up and grab tools. Treat yourself, and the PGU, right. Show some love. Show some respect.

Having proper time to enjoy it, is why my MGEX is still in it's box.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

I'm waiting for my christmas vacation to start before I get to work on the PG Phenex.

Digihazard
Nov 2, 2010

If you place the milk in before the bag, I will kill you and your family while they sleep.

RillAkBea posted:

Fukuoka is a neat place, and has better things to see than Yokohama. It even has a better (though immobile) Gundam statue :v:

I'm going to the factory, Side-F and the Tokyo base so hoping to pick up a load of stuff. I have an extra suitcase for the trip back but space is looking...interesting, might have to figure out mail.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So earlier up thread people were having all kinds of problems with suugra-ya and my order just went through without any issue, it didn't even get picked up by my bank's fraud detection, which made me clear pbandai and basically every other far more legit seeming website individually :shepface: I will never understand the ways of this poo poo.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/GG9Yo/status/1728278766852682090?t=Y3CFkePAoJ23dpXZ3FtGhw&s=19

Bandai, for God's sake the man is talking sense here. Listen to him.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

mllaneza posted:

Aww yeah. Be sure and set the mood for your build sessions. Cook yourself a nice meal. Pour yourself a glass of wine. Set the lighting just right. Put some Barry White on or something like that. Don't just turn the lights up and grab tools. Treat yourself, and the PGU, right. Show some love. Show some respect.

Here it is next to an MG Turn A:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/GG9Yo/status/1728278766852682090?t=Y3CFkePAoJ23dpXZ3FtGhw&s=19

Bandai, for God's sake the man is talking sense here. Listen to him.

oh god thats just a custom isnt it. :negative: My heart jumped when I saw the picture -.-

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

lmao it took 7 hours for the moon gundam pbandai pre-order to run out of pre-orders or whatever. :eyepop:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nuebot posted:

lmao it took 7 hours for the moon gundam pbandai pre-order to run out of pre-orders or whatever. :eyepop:

I've seen releases that didn't manage seven minutes. Nothing shocking to me here, except in that so many people want the Moon Gundam with a bigger gun.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
It's also got different (nicer) colors!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

I've seen releases that didn't manage seven minutes. Nothing shocking to me here, except in that so many people want the Moon Gundam with a bigger gun.

I'm still new to this whole pbandai thing so it surprised me. I'm glad I remembered it was available basically the minute it activated or else I might've missed it.

chrome line posted:

It's also got different (nicer) colors!

The colour scheme is entirely why I wanted it. It's got the same cool purple as The varguil kit, but in less of an overwhelming amount; plus the varguil is incredibly is hard to come by and, as far as I can tell (based on the clear colour variant at donkey), doesn't come with the cool psycho panels; and has yellow chest vents. The green detailing is very cool and I like it. I still want a varguil though. Also: I want a psycho gundam mk-IV kit, please make it bandai. I need more psycho gundams.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

chiasaur11 posted:

The clear Uraven sold out around four minutes in, between me seeing it and me logging in.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Nuebot posted:

I'm still new to this whole pbandai thing so it surprised me. I'm glad I remembered it was available basically the minute it activated or else I might've missed it.

The colour scheme is entirely why I wanted it. It's got the same cool purple as The varguil kit, but in less of an overwhelming amount; plus the varguil is incredibly is hard to come by and, as far as I can tell (based on the clear colour variant at donkey), doesn't come with the cool psycho panels; and has yellow chest vents. The green detailing is very cool and I like it. I still want a varguil though. Also: I want a psycho gundam mk-IV kit, please make it bandai. I need more psycho gundams.

In the story the moon gundam is a varguil refitted with a psycho mk.iv head and the psycho plates in place of its funnels. So yeah varguil not coming with them is one of the main differences.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

i hope that whoever put these tiny triangle stickers in the GGG kit dies in several house fires

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

Deviant posted:

i hope that whoever put these tiny triangle stickers in the GGG kit dies in several house fires

Those and the tiny round foil stickers. I had those and the triangles yeet off my tweezers when pulling them off the sheet. I somehow managed to find them all. I found one in my hair when I was going to bed.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I'm pretty sure the RG Perfectability and Neo Zeong II sold out in seconds, but I might be misremembering.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Warmachine posted:

I'm pretty sure the RG Perfectability and Neo Zeong II sold out in seconds, but I might be misremembering.

There are so many variants of the perfectibility I don't even understand them. I don't even understand what it is!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Nuebot posted:

There are so many variants of the perfectibility I don't even understand them. I don't even understand what it is!

A blue variant of the Unicorn from a Gundam Base (I think) short reimagining of the Neo Zeong fight from Unicorn. It also has the Banshee's arm-mounted weapons, to set it apart from the standard Unicorn Gundam, which is in my opinion the real draw. Basically "What if we took the Unicorn and Banshee, smashed them together, and made it blue instead of red/green/orange?"

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

To be more specific, it started as the Full Armor Unicorn Plan B in Gundam Try Age, before getting modified slightly (mainly the wing tails) and relabeled as the Perfectibility. Its just straight up a mashup of all three Unicorn types, taking the base Unicorn with a recolored v-fin and its beam javelins from the FA ver, adding the Banshee's Armed Armors (BS, VN, XC), and the psychoframe color and backpack mounted AADEs from the Phenex. And then there's the Divine which is basically just adding the booster backpack from the FAUC.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Moai Ou posted:

Those and the tiny round foil stickers. I had those and the triangles yeet off my tweezers when pulling them off the sheet. I somehow managed to find them all. I found one in my hair when I was going to bed.

Don't even bother with those, get a liquid chrome or other shiny marker and do those details that way.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

To be more specific, it started as the Full Armor Unicorn Plan B in Gundam Try Age, before getting modified slightly (mainly the wing tails) and relabeled as the Perfectibility. Its just straight up a mashup of all three Unicorn types, taking the base Unicorn with a recolored v-fin and its beam javelins from the FA ver, adding the Banshee's Armed Armors (BS, VN, XC), and the psychoframe color and backpack mounted AADEs from the Phenex. And then there's the Divine which is basically just adding the booster backpack from the FAUC.

Okay, that explains it all very clearly. I do like the full armour unicorn and the banshee, maybe if I ever spot a perfectibility divine or whatever it's called I'll try to grab it before it sells out :shepface:

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Nuebot posted:

that's the one model I was really hoping to get. drat.

wdarkk posted:

The clear Uraven sold out around four minutes in, between me seeing it and me logging in.

and this one to match my red one..

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Warmachine posted:

I feel like the perfectability has sold out immediately every time it's come up before, which makes it strange that it's still showing as available 71 hours in

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

hhhhhhhhhhggggg

1. uneven prime coat.
2. the yellow is so transparent.
3. stray cat hairs

into the jar of stripper you go for a redo.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Midjack posted:

Don't even bother with those, get a liquid chrome or other shiny marker and do those details that way.

https://www.amazon.com/ZEYAR-Acrylic-Metallic-Waterproof-Ceramic/dp/B0CBLZK53M

I was considering this set, because I hate those metal stickers so much. (And I can use them on 3d print stuff)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

oh god speaking of liquid chrome. I've got a bottle of Green Stuff World's chrome that is brush on. looks amazing. Except that even after a week it's not fully cured and can be rubbed back down to nothing.

And putting any sort of protective coat on it fogs it up. whyyy.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I've heard electroplating is the way to go there but good luck if you don't have money. I have this rub-on chrome powder but the warning label makes me want to just throw it out.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Synthbuttrange posted:

hhhhhhhhhhggggg

1. uneven prime coat.
2. the yellow is so transparent.
3. stray cat hairs

into the jar of stripper you go for a redo.

Put some pink down first. It'll give you a workable base and more vivid yellows.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Marx Headroom posted:

I've heard electroplating is the way to go there but good luck if you don't have money. I have this rub-on chrome powder but the warning label makes me want to just throw it out.

is there a way to electroplate non-conductive materials like plastic / polystyrene? i thought it only worked on metals and stuff

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Deviant posted:

https://www.amazon.com/ZEYAR-Acrylic-Metallic-Waterproof-Ceramic/dp/B0CBLZK53M

I was considering this set, because I hate those metal stickers so much. (And I can use them on 3d print stuff)

1. Never do anything with a sticker that you can do with a marker.

2. A 24-pen pack of Sharpies can be surprisingly useful. The fine tips aren't as fin as a Gundam marker, but they're fine enough for panel lining or adding color to something.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah I lost the sticker that does the orange bit on Gaigar's headcrest and I might just get a sharpie to fill it in.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

They need to come out with a primer sharpie.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
lmao p-bandai

The Perfect Strike Grand Slam sold out, went back in stock, and sold out again within an hour yesterday evening. Managed to snag that one but honestly all I am aiming for is that, and the Nadleeh.

The mechanical clear Hyaku Shiki looked neat, but that one sold out pretty loving fast too.

I guess we'll see what the last Tuesday Gundam Base drop will be like.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

the tallgeese 3 had like 3-4 cycles of immediately selling out then getting reposted earlier this year

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

mllaneza posted:

1. Never do anything with a sticker that you can do with a marker.

2. A 24-pen pack of Sharpies can be surprisingly useful. The fine tips aren't as fin as a Gundam marker, but they're fine enough for panel lining or adding color to something.

This is what I use for painting model bits: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HLQFQ5F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Artistro Paint Pens They typically take two coats to do a real good job. But they do a REALLY Good job. There's lots of colors in this set, and there are other options that are really good. They work better than Gundam Markers too.

Prof. Banks posted:

They need to come out with a primer sharpie.

Tamiya sells primer in their little square bottle. I.. think that might be worth looking into.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
You can paint on primer like Vallejo surface primer. Get a cheap fine tip brush and paint it on, no airbrush required.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Thanks to a Suruga-ya free shipping weekend, I was able to get this, which came bundled with some copies of the Tamage-centric Game Center CX DVD. I didn't expect it to be a model kit when I ordered it.

It even comes with an acrylic standee of Arino.

All those stickers were monotonous to put on.

There's some extra stickers. I might put some of the sprites on the sides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Masterful.