Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I wish they'd kept Kuma playable in Pirate Warriors 4, he was in PW3 but then for whatever reason he was one of the cast that got dropped back to only NPC, alongside people like Garp, Magellan, Enel and Perona.

Had to make room for all 5 friggin Vinsmokes to be playable somewhere I guess.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

GodFish posted:

Buy why is the minister of science and defense the one hearing about an escaped slave, or the one confronting Kuma after eating the devil fruit at the human hunting game?

I’m guessing as the Minister in charge of defence he’s the likeliest of all his colleagues to actually head out and be present at major security events/handle matters directly, and to be kept abreast of potential threats to security.

Malah
May 18, 2015

anime was right posted:

oda called the wrong arc whole cake island

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Julias posted:

yeah, he commented on it in the volume 106 SBS:

lol

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I blazed right past it on my first readthrough but lol at Kuma picking up Connie and telling her to be a good girl while hes gone

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Oda is challenging those "everyone has nami's face" allegations by making very different butts for Nami, Robin and Vegapunk, sadly that means Robin has little wagon to speak of

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/newworldartur/status/1728807515566006429?t=H7KJDONKMLctmos9gL-yMQ&s=19

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Foxy would NEVER be a dog of the government!

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

MorningMoon posted:

Robin has little wagon to speak of

But she got dem thangs

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MorningMoon posted:

Oda is challenging those "everyone has nami's face" allegations by making very different butts for Nami, Robin and Vegapunk, sadly that means Robin has little wagon to speak of

It used to be a manga, a proper manga.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

I blazed right past it on my first readthrough but lol at Kuma picking up Connie and telling her to be a good girl while hes gone

lol i missed this too

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Gologle posted:

Foxy would NEVER be a dog of the government!

Maybe he lost a davy back fight to Django and got recruited

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

On a re-read, does strike me that Kuma isn't signing up to become a cyborg, he's just donating some cells. So 1100 is gonna cross that bridge, which makes me think half the chapter is gonna be him getting destroyed by Saturn :(

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Yeah he’s just agreeing to the Pacifista program in this chapter, which is technically a separate thing from becoming a robot slave dog of your own. Guess the dude felt so much empathy with his clones that he decided to join them. Hopefully he can bring them back on-side to help destroy Saturn.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Vegapunk with the sly grin as he tells Kuma that the only way he could possibly afford to save Bonney's life is to go along with clone soldier research

gently caress you dude!

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Have they ever said if Kuma can "push" devil fruit powers? If he can move pretty much anything around, even concepts like pain or fatigue, couldn't he just push Devil Fruits out of people? Seems like if someone can only have one Devil Fruit at a time (barring Blackbeard) he could just push devil fruits into other people to one shot folks?

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

But your power level still has to be higher

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
This new thread title is an improvement over the Goku one, which wasn't even a joke.

Even though Goku is a fukken jooooke.

GruntMountain
Jul 17, 2017

Desumaytah posted:

This new thread title is an improvement over the Goku one, which wasn't even a joke.

It was a good stopgap replacement for the title that came before, which just sucked.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Desumaytah posted:

Even though Goku is a fukken jooooke.

That was just a bizarrely bad thread title even assuming OPLA had turned out bad like those posters were hoping it would.

And the one before it was even worse.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Yeah, we've had a string of mediocre-to-terrible thread titles. I feel like I'm alone in not being a huge fan of the Captain Mid joke, so for me it's been ages since we had a title I really liked, lol.

U-DO Burger posted:

Vegapunk with the sly grin as he tells Kuma that the only way he could possibly afford to save Bonney's life is to go along with clone soldier research

gently caress you dude!
Vegapunk is very explicitly part "evil". And that's not even the part that York represents!

Vegapunk is a multifaceted individual, cartoonishly represented by his satellites.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
He's a mad scientist not a nice and morally upstanding scientist

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Also people keep being surprised by how loving dumb Vegapunk is despite being a genius, and I'm just like ????

Some of the smartest people on earth are incredibly loving stupid. In fact their intelligence contributes to this, they think because they're smart in one area, they're smart in others.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

TGG posted:

Have they ever said if Kuma can "push" devil fruit powers? If he can move pretty much anything around, even concepts like pain or fatigue, couldn't he just push Devil Fruits out of people? Seems like if someone can only have one Devil Fruit at a time (barring Blackbeard) he could just push devil fruits into other people to one shot folks?
Why doesnt he just push the evil out of the world into one small animal that they then kill?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Why does Kuma, the largest Warlord, not simply eat the other six

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Runa posted:

That was just a bizarrely bad thread title even assuming OPLA had turned out bad like those posters were hoping it would.

And the one before it was even worse.

We’ve had a pretty bad stretch of thread titles yeah.

Even this one I don’t think is very good but whatever

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

my treatise on the idela thead title

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the beg-thread dissidents

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Asuron posted:

We’ve had a pretty bad stretch of thread titles yeah.

Even this one I don’t think is very good but whatever

Thread titles are kind of dumb anyway, its not really worth worrying about. Just another reminder that the SA Forums never figured out the Megathread problem.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Marluxia posted:

Also people keep being surprised by how loving dumb Vegapunk is despite being a genius, and I'm just like ????

Some of the smartest people on earth are incredibly loving stupid. In fact their intelligence contributes to this, they think because they're smart in one area, they're smart in others.

That's why some people say "High INT, Low WIS"

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I forget the thread titles a second after theyre changed

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I went back to read the first few chapters about Kuma and next thing I know I hit the 100 chapter limit today

drat it why is every arc with Kuma so good he was my favorite character before the Egghead arc as well :negative:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Arist posted:

Why does Kuma, the largest Warlord, not simply eat the other six

I forgot about Moria

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Just got up to Impel Down in my watching of the anime, Buggy's disappointment in Luffy not remembering his Buggy Ball just doesn't hit as well as that manga panel.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
thread opinion poll:

now that we are some distance from wano in the manga, and have just left it in the anime - how do you think it holds up?

i am personally of the opinion that it feels even stronger on review. when i look back, i love the gear 5 reveal, i love luffy's powers, i love the themes and symbolism used in the last legs against kaido.

i think it might even be my favorite or second favorite arc overall. hard to debate it with wci.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

tbp posted:

thread opinion poll:

now that we are some distance from wano in the manga, and have just left it in the anime - how do you think it holds up?

i am personally of the opinion that it feels even stronger on review. when i look back, i love the gear 5 reveal, i love luffy's powers, i love the themes and symbolism used in the last legs against kaido.

i think it might even be my favorite or second favorite arc overall. hard to debate it with wci.

I really liked it as it was going and yeah I like it about as much looking back; i dunno where it'd go in a big ranking though (note: i REALLY loved whole cake)

I do have some quibbles. I think there were parts of the raid where it jumped around too much for its own good (this is an issue post-marineford OP has in general to be fair), I think the up & down & back up travel of Luffy was a little too much, it cut away to Momo trying & failing to make clouds too much, I think the way the Yamato's decision to stay was structured weirdly and I wish Kaido's flashback was meatier. Also Jinbei just showing back up with relative little fanfare or insight into his escape was weird.

But I loved the setting a lot, the opening 2 acts were fantastic and Im glad it went at a relatively break neck pace, I liked Law & Kidd's contributions, I think Yasuie's death is like a top tier scene in the manga, Gear 5, a lot of the match ups on onigashima were rad, the sequence of Big Mom getting owned was great, Oden's flashback really got me, Yamato was cool, and the small epilogue was nice/sad for Momo & his sister.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
wano was one of the very best arcs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I absolutely loved Wano - maybe it helps that for once I was reading an arc as it was happening. In previous long arcs like Dressrosa I experienced for the first time in one bulk lot, and not knowing when the finish was coming you could really feel the length stretching out (this goes away on a re-read, because I know the milestones/landmarks it is hitting etc). Kaido really, really, really lived up to all the hype he'd had built up for years and years before his first appearance, and seeing Luffy get dominated, work his way back up to even greater heights and STILL not being able to put him down for good really made it clear what a huge deal the Emperors are. By the end of the arc, Luffy absolutely feels like he is on that level, though not to the point that he can just steamroll everybody like Kaido could... not yet, at least!

Watching the anime, it struck me that when I was a kid there were all kinds of cartoons I loved that basically got one or maybe two seasons before being canceled and never really finished. Wano as an arc felt like something like Pirates of Darkwater except you actually got a definitive ending and happy epilogue to the story., and I can't imagine how loving cool it must have been for little kids getting to experience this in real time. That final episode where they hold the stageplay recounting the story, ending on the curtain fall after Luffy and the others sail away and Momonosuke vows to surpass Oden was :kiss:

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

tbp posted:

thread opinion poll:

The only thing I didnt like about wano was how long it took and how much it felt like it dragged with the final third being a full on non stop fight. Itll probably feel better on a reread though, every single arc I had that complaint with has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

tbp posted:

thread opinion poll:

Got some very strong parts but also despite the length there’s more than a couple elements that I feel like didn’t get the time they needed to really land which is a shame to me.

Decent arc.