Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ohtori Akio posted:

i find shows by word of mouth basically. if its good then someone i know isnt an idiot will post about how its good

who did you piss off now lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

symbolic posted:

who did you piss off now lol

some trump thread guy i think

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im gonna level, i agree that telling someone to kill themselves is worse than calling them retarded. im not sure what point that custom title thinks its making. am i supposed to not think that.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
its a well reasoned point. and theyve convinced me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i am a ohtori akio

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Spending ten dollars to fail to make a point

copy
Jul 26, 2007

panties: unbunched.

hypocrite status: rescinded

peace in the galaxy at last

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

it's not even red what a loving dipshit

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
ohtori akio would say those things, he's a villain..

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

thats how you know the person who bought it wasn't mad/crying about it

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Endorph posted:

i am a ohtori akio

You are infected. There is no cure.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

symbolic posted:

i used to live nearby Hershey and on a good wind day it would blow in the smell of chocolate from the chocolate plant and make the air smell like brownies which was always dope, and then on a bad wind day it would blow in the smell of the other kind of brownies from the farmland nearby. always a gamble

hersheys aint chocolate

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Meowywitch posted:

i feel like people were better at red titles back in the day

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Namtab posted:

hersheys aint chocolate

Hershey PA I assume

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ohtori Akio posted:

Those guys are going buck wild lately. lol.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Southern Cassowary posted:

i suppose the bigger question, then, is how do y'all end up deciding what to watch? i kind of just shotgun stuff by watching pvs on mal currently and dropping anything that doesn't grab me quickly and also keep an eye out for cool word of mouth stuff i passed on (like mygo). are you actively going "i like this director/staff" and watching their stuff?

idk i just try anything thats in my genre wheelhouse and doesn't look too poorly made. or anything else that looks really original and/or well made.

there are a handful of directors i hold in high regard but they're usually making stuff i would want to try anyway even if it was by an unfamiliar name

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

Today he was telling me that I should check out this obscure album he'd just discovered called Bitches Brew.

lmfao.

Ohtori Akio posted:

been playing around too drat much in the politics forum I see

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Namtab posted:

hersheys aint chocolate

i am well aware it is garbage

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

It looks like 95% of all probes and bans are from the politics forum

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Just watch every single isekai show as they chip away at your soul and you lose your humanity

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

i'm convinced, let's get rid of them

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I'm reading this "reborn as a villainess after dying of like nose cancer so now I can fulfill my dream of being a perfumer while also wearing pretty dresses and going to balls and not bullying anyone" story and what really breaks my suspension of disbelief is how whenever she invents a new perfume and everyone goes through all the cooking manga-esque over the top reactions, she always immediately has a unique custom-made bottle that perfectly matches the theme of the new fragrance. And we never even see her talk to a glassblower or anything.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Dark chocolate is fine

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Clarste posted:

I'm reading this "reborn as a villainess after dying of like nose cancer so now I can fulfill my dream of being a perfumer while also wearing pretty dresses and going to balls and not bullying anyone" story and what really breaks my suspension of disbelief is how whenever she invents a new perfume and everyone goes through all the cooking manga-esque over the top reactions, she always immediately has a unique custom-made bottle that perfectly matches the theme of the new fragrance. And we never even see her talk to a glassblower or anything.

yeah this sort of thing bothers me too (sincere)

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Any day now they'll announce the glassblower spinoff series.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Need a new (old) series to slowly watch and thus I've picked 2 at random from my backlog.

Do I start:
Hanasakeru Seishounen

Or do I start:
Martian Successor Nadesico

I know a little about both (have seen an ep or 2 of Nadesico over a decade ago) and could be fine with either

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

i think that i just enjoy what pa works has been typecast as recently, then (getting some quirky action originals and slice-of-life adaptations)

i suppose the bigger question, then, is how do y'all end up deciding what to watch? i kind of just shotgun stuff by watching pvs on mal currently and dropping anything that doesn't grab me quickly and also keep an eye out for cool word of mouth stuff i passed on (like mygo). are you actively going "i like this director/staff" and watching their stuff?

i use the opinions of trusted seasonal thread posters for new stuff (or if i see a cool gif). if it's something old i just ask the chat thread about it to determine if it has a 68% on anilist because it's really cool or because it's really bad

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Sleng Teng posted:

lmfao.

been playing around too drat much in the politics forum I see

i cant dispute this. but i wont be laying off the sauce, in this respect

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

in order of weight most to least:
RL friend recs (with good taste)
opinions of real heads here and elsewhere online
adaptation of a manga I like
looks good
an essay made it sound interesting
funny name or blurb

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Sleng Teng posted:

looks good
funny name or blurb

yeah

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Big Leg posted:

i use the opinions of trusted seasonal thread posters for new stuff (or if i see a cool gif). if it's something old i just ask the chat thread about it to determine if it has a 68% on anilist because it's really cool or because it's really bad

i joked with a friend the other day about how many shows that have a 6.6 on mal own really hard

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Ohtori Akio posted:

i cant dispute this. but i wont be laying off the sauce, in this respect

A person who is about their business, I can respect.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

i joked with a friend the other day about how many shows that have a 6.6 on mal own really hard

every time i see an episode of 100 gfs i think about how it'd get like, a 7 in a glossy magazine review in the 2000s

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Ohtori Akio posted:

every time i see an episode of 100 gfs i think about how it'd get like, a 7 in a glossy magazine review in the 2000s

for me this year's show like that is revenger

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Sleng Teng posted:

looks good
funny name or blurb

this, except i humor my bad taste friends as well sometimes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sleng Teng posted:

Need a new (old) series to slowly watch and thus I've picked 2 at random from my backlog.

Do I start:
Hanasakeru Seishounen

Or do I start:

I know a little about both (have seen an ep or 2 of Nadesico over a decade ago) and could be fine with either

nadesico owns

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

RL Friends????

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Sleng Teng posted:

Do I start:
Hanasakeru Seishounen

Or do I start:

HS, because nobody is watching it (it's pretty good).

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Meowywitch posted:

RL Friends????

rl friends are cool. glossy magazines from the 2000s are also cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Sleng Teng posted:

Do I start:
Hanasakeru Seishounen

Or do I start:

Hanasakeru Seishouen

Watched it in the last year and it owned. Flawless shoujo