Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
still laugh at the everything that happened with overstrike/fuse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

kirbysuperstar posted:

still laugh at the everything that happened with overstrike/fuse

God, what a bummer, from the amazing original trailer to... that

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

symbolic posted:

in taste yes but Red Bull has the worst price:size ratio. get a C4 or Ghost

broke boy post right here

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

trust me, haibane renmei was probably better than lain

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i am left to conclude that liking sunset overdrive is some last remnant of console warrior poo poo where people pretended to like the only xbox one game. now neither console has games so people dont even pretend anymore

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the funniest thing about max payne 3 playing it now is that alan wake ii runs literally the exact same bit of "max payne but he's a weird old divorced alcoholic who kind of hates himself" except its version of that is way funnier and, feels way closer to max payne

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ohtori Akio posted:

broke boy post right here

i'm frugal drat it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

also i thought Sunset Overdrive looked sick as hell but i was also 17 which is around the upper echelon of age you can be to actually enjoy it i think

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Meowywitch posted:

trust me, haibane renmei was probably better than lain

I can see the argument for it but I disagree.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
comparing haibane renmei with lain is like comparing lain with niea_7. i guess i can kinda see where that would come from but they're not really the same

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
haibane renmei is for when you want to see the chain smoker older girl x younger girl yuri. niea_7 is for when you want to see the odd couple yuri while chiaki konaka blogs about aliens. lain is for when you want to see chiaki konaka blog about aliens

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

I can see the argument for it but I disagree.

fair enough. i respect it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is niea_7 another show by the same people?

It's true Lain and Haibane are operating on different wavelengths so they aren't entirely comparable. I think that Lain's themes of interconnectivity and isolation clicked with me more than Haibane's themes of forgiveness, sin and purgatory. Lain's aesthetic also definitely popped off for me and the visual metaphors often spoke for themselves where Haibane was more verbal in expressing its ideas.

I think I'll say that Lain was a show I needed to watch while Haibane was a show that I enjoyed watching. Both worthwhile, but one feels more like a formative moment to me.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The Lain video game is also very good

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

eagerly awaiting the anime adaptation of I Am An Alien And I Have a Question

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I loving HATE BOCCHI THE ROCK!!!

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
sounds like me

...in opposite world!!1!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

ArfJason posted:

Finally, someone brave enough to say it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ArfJason posted:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I haven't watched much new stuff this year but most of what I've seen has been at least decent and some has been fantastic. So I'm coming out positive and I'd like to keep the ball rolling.

Toss up between Moribito and 86 for my next watch. I think I'll wait until Frieren is over before starting it in case I develop another WFM-shaped brain tumor that cost me sleep on weekends waiting for episodes to air.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

unsure if it's my limited perspective or not only having started watching seasonal anime last year but fall seems to be the strongest season for it, both fall 2022 and 2023 have had absolute king poo poo, both predictable and sleeper hits

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

symbolic posted:

unsure if it's my limited perspective or not only having started watching seasonal anime last year but fall seems to be the strongest season for it, both fall 2022 and 2023 have had absolute king poo poo, both predictable and sleeper hits

fall is usually good for tv ratings reasons, fall 2019 was the worst season of all time though

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Tales of Woe posted:

fall is usually good for tv ratings reasons, fall 2019 was the worst season of all time though

oh this i gotta hear lol

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Yeah the ratio for Fall 2019 doesn't look good, giving it a skim. Still some good stuff in there but you can basically count it on one hand.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Tales of Woe posted:

I hope you don't mean for anime?

Beastars, Chihayafuru s3, Fate:GO Banylonia, psycho pass 3, high score girl 2, Iruma Kun s1, No Guns Life, also second halves of Dr. Stone s1, Fire Force s1, and Vinland Saga s1

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Babylonia sucks, NGL sucks. No reason to count continuations imo.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

also i dont believe early Fire Force is a net plus regardless

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Julias posted:

Beastars, Chihayafuru s3, Fate:GO Banylonia, psycho pass 3, high score girl 2, Iruma Kun s1, No Guns Life, also second halves of Dr. Stone s1, Fire Force s1, and Vinland Saga s1

for new anime yeah. beastars was in netflix jail at the time, i didnt like no guns life, and the rest of those are all sequels except iruma-kun which i should probably revisit but its not enough to make the season not awful

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Colonel posted:

haibane renmei is for when you want to see the chain smoker older girl x younger girl yuri. niea_7 is for when you want to see the odd couple yuri while chiaki konaka blogs about aliens. lain is for when you want to see chiaki konaka blog about aliens
now do texhnolyze

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

not really one for rating seasons but yeah, a "bad" one is just when there's not much that catches your eye, so there's not much to tell unless you're the sort of person that needs to try every random LN/WN adaptation despite a lack of actual interest then write a big post about it being mid

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

ArfJason posted:

wha??????????????????

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Motto posted:

not really one for rating seasons but yeah, a "bad" one is just when there's not much that catches your eye, so there's not much to tell unless you're the sort of person that needs to try every random LN/WN adaptation despite a lack of actual interest then write a big post about it being mid

This is the mindset that puts anitubers out of work.

Keep it up.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

homeless snail posted:

now do texhnolyze

that op is pretty cool still

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Motto posted:

i will instead watch weird comedies and drop 75% of them after an episode

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i dont rate seasons normally i just remember that one being the only time i truly struggled to find anything to watch at all. im usually having to cut down from watching too much

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Say what you will about the story but I loved the shooting in Max Payne 3 and was baffled that they didn't make GTA V play like it. You also didn't need to use cover like ever, no reason for it to be there

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

hey do you guys think executioner and her way of life will get a second season?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

considering J.C. Staff are making like a dozen anime each year, i'd consider it possible to probable

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Julias posted:

Yeah no that season seemed bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I hope you have a good night anime humans