Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

AntiDepressor posted:

Why bother if you are the Wings? This is kind of a bubble season for them and they are cruising right now. Why throw a big ole distraction into the works?

Patrick Kane's first game in Chicago in a different uniform is as a Detroit Red Wing, on Chris Chelios Number Retirement night. That's absolutely hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

I know players returning from hip surgery haven't been successful, but talking about Kane as a washed up players is silly. Dude scored 92 points in 21-22. I hope he shows all the naysayers wrong.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The terms are 1 year, $2,750,000.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:hmmyes:

I had a migraine and didn't watch the game last night, but caught the replay this morning and everyone getting tossed in the 3rd was hilarious

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/MollieeWalkerr/status/1729549851325514058

Kakko not being dead is good news. Chytil to LTIR is retroactive so there's some cap poo poo going on there that I don't understand.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Emetic Hustler posted:

I know players returning from hip surgery haven't been successful, but talking about Kane as a washed up players is silly. Dude scored 92 points in 21-22. I hope he shows all the naysayers wrong.

I hope he poo poo his pants on live TV and then keeps making GBS threads them for the rest of his life

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
his legs are gonna fall off like an old action figure

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Matt Zerella posted:

https://twitter.com/MollieeWalkerr/status/1729549851325514058

Kakko not being dead is good news. Chytil to LTIR is retroactive so there's some cap poo poo going on there that I don't understand.

Translation: he'll be healthy by March but will stay on LTIR until the playoffs

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Will Chicago show a video tribute of Kane beating up cab drivers and harassing women

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

AsInHowe posted:

Patrick Kane's first game in Chicago in a different uniform is as a Detroit Red Wing, on Chris Chelios Number Retirement night. That's absolutely hilarious.

Didn't Chelios say something to the effect of he would never play for the Red Wings? Because :ironicat: timing.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Kane probably won’t play for a week or two if I had to guess.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

CBJSprague24 posted:

Didn't Chelios say something to the effect of he would never play for the Red Wings? Because :ironicat: timing.

chelios was also a loving creep who would mess around with the waitresses at his bad restaurant so they are 2 of a kind

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

https://twitter.com/thepwhlofficial/status/1729551248389537869?t=9VUvY7QCpnaMC9aSwWc5cA&s=19

PWHL officially announces the home openers and confirms that the New York City team is actually playing in Bridgeport and the Boston team is actually playing in Lowell.

Pretty disappointed about Lowell, it'll be impossible for me to make it to weeknight games. Bridgeport is just hilarious for a nominally "New York" team, nobody from NYC is ever going to go to those games.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
uhhh?

https://twitter.com/CRoumeliotis/status/1729575821369569641

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

So, who's players wife/mom did he sleep with

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

WoodrowSkillson posted:

chelios was also a loving creep who would mess around with the waitresses at his bad restaurant so they are 2 of a kind

Are you telling me that Kid Rock's best friend might be a creep?

Speaking of creating bad work environments, Corey Perry

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
jesus, how many moms was it

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Also, probably a good thing the Hawks did this before the dad's trip

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
https://x.com/blueshirtsbreak/status/1729578986932429073?s=46&t=l7JovTDvoQbYADj0z1zxcA

All jokes aside, the Blackhawks should have an obligation to disclose what behavior got him shitcanned. Another team might want to take a chance on him, and there's a big difference between him having a consensual relationship with another player's mom (funny, not illegal) and him dropping slurs and hate crimes or whatever else it could have been.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Misanthrope posted:

Also, probably a good thing the Hawks did this before the dad's trip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ427yTH-zQ

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

We'll know if it's true next time the Hawks play Boston because there's no way Marchand isn't gonna chirp him about it

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

OldSenileGuy posted:

https://x.com/blueshirtsbreak/status/1729578986932429073?s=46&t=l7JovTDvoQbYADj0z1zxcA

All jokes aside, the Blackhawks should have an obligation to disclose what behavior got him shitcanned. Another team might want to take a chance on him, and there's a big difference between him having a consensual relationship with another player's mom (funny, not illegal) and him dropping slurs and hate crimes or whatever else it could have been.

The NHL won't disclose what Pinto did or how Dorrion botched the Dadanov trade. Lol at any sort of accountability

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

OldSenileGuy posted:

Yeah, I want to make a joke about many things, but it’s just lovely if he did mess around with his teammate’s mom or whomever. Not illegal no, but very toxic behavior.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Watch it be for gambling on an NFL game on an away game's hotel wifi.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

stab posted:

So, who's players wife/mom did he sleep with

The rumor was Bedard’s mom which spawned tons of memes over the past week or so

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Rangers are gonna sign Perry aren't they?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

Rangers are gonna sign Perry aren't they?

Detroit

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

OldSenileGuy posted:

To be honest I'd guess teams will be calling the Blackhawks up directly and talking with them and communications on that will happen out of public site out of respect for the other people involved in whatever the gently caress went on

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The rumor was Bedard’s mom which spawned tons of memes over the past week or so

If Bedard's mother has THAT poor judgment of men and/or eyesight that kinda sours me on him as a prospect tbh.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Edmonton will likely be all on this. It wasn't too long ago their media was talking about the need for veteran locker room leadership and more grit on the depth forward lines. Patrick Maroon was discussed as a trade target.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Corey Perry innocent!!

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Corey “Motherfucker” Perry

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Creepy Rory, indeed.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Perry has had a HOF career.
-2x Olympic gold
-Stanley Cup
-IIHF Gold
-WJC Gold
-Memorial Cup
-World Cup of Hockey Gold
-Rocket
-Hart

It'd be weird to see it end over some salacious poo poo that we might never learn the truth about.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
It seems like the mom banging rumor isn't true, as funny as that would be. So I wonder what else he could have possibly done.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Jamwad Hilder posted:

It seems like the mom banging rumor isn't true, as funny as that would be. So I wonder what else he could have possibly done.

A racism or a homophobia or a DV I guess.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Jamwad Hilder posted:

That being said....

https://twitter.com/seltzermom/status/1729587201128706320

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

This Blackhawks organization seems to be a bit shady, gonna look into this

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

this person knows nothing about PR lol

you do not print the "he did not gently caress his mom" t-shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

DOOMocrat posted:

this person knows nothing about PR lol

you do not print the "he did not gently caress his mom" t-shirt

but I have questions that shirt isn't answering...