Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

A random WWECW moment that sticks in my head is right before what I think was Sheamus' second match, he was doing his entrance and they cut to his opponent Shelton Benjamin cutting a promo backstage. Between Shelton really getting into it and Sheamus' "Shameful Thing" theme blaring in the background, it made it seem like this epic moment where Shelton was ready to go fight the armies of Mordor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I liked big match Christian and Mark Henry ECW Champ

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

man he totally embarrassed himself last night lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

The day after that battle royal happened, someone on the wrestling forum I was on at the time made the thread "Is Yoshi Tatsu the new Undertaker?" and did not in any way elaborate as to what that sentence meant and to this day I cannot think of Yoshi Tatsu without the phrase appearing unbidden in my mind.

Yoshitatsu's shooter credentials are as legit as the Undertaker's so i think that guy was cookin

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Punk thought he was Jello Biafra, flying the standard for underground culture and punk rock high and proud; but in reality he was the other three Dead Kennedys, who wanted to license "Holiday in Cambodia" for a jeans commercial

This is the best way I've seen it explained

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Alan_Shore posted:

That Punk promo was obviously written for him and thats a massive LOL

Hustle Loyalty and respect Jones over here

It sounded as if it was written by AI based on every promo he did after showing up in AEW

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Astro7x posted:

It sounded as if it was written by AI based on every promo he did after showing up in AEW

Actually curious what ChatGPT would write and if it's better than the promo last night.

quote:

Alright! Let's channel the spirit of CM Punk and craft a compelling wrestling promo for his return to WWE:

[CM Punk stands in the center of the ring, a microphone in hand, his eyes burning with the unmistakable intensity that only he can bring. The crowd is buzzing with anticipation.]

CM Punk: "Chicago! It feels good to be back home. But let me make one thing crystal clear – I'm not here for a nostalgia trip. I'm here because WWE needs a jolt of reality, and who better to deliver it than the 'Best in the World'?"

[The crowd erupts in cheers, chanting "CM Punk! CM Punk!"]

CM Punk: "I've been away, watching, waiting, and seeing the landscape change. But one thing remains constant – this ring, these ropes, this is where I belong. This is where I become the voice of the voiceless and remind everyone why I am the standard-bearer of this industry."

[He takes a moment, pacing the ring with a look of determination.]

CM Punk: "To the locker room, consider this your wake-up call. I respect the hustle, the blood, sweat, and tears you pour into this squared circle. But respect... respect is earned. And I'm here to fight, to challenge, to push the limits, and to show that CM Punk is not just a name from the past. I am the present, and I am the future."

[The crowd's cheers grow louder.]

CM Punk: "And to the champ – you know who you are. You've been sitting pretty at the top, but your reign... your reign is on borrowed time. I've come back for what's mine, and that's the WWE Championship. I've conquered giants, outsmarted the best, and I'm not afraid to do it all over again."

[He raises the microphone with a defiant look.]

CM Punk: "This is more than a return. This is a revolution. And it starts now. Because I'm CM Punk, and I'm the Best in the World. Your move, WWE."

[He drops the mic, his theme music hits, and the crowd goes wild as CM Punk exits the ring, ready to take on whatever challenges await him in his WWE return.]

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That AI has more fire than any moment of his promo last night lmao

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
AI knows at least to challenge a champion or start a program. This Punk cat can't work.

I bet AI has dealt a big blow to the once valued craft of e-fed promos

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

That promo is so much better it's depressing.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That AI promo is pretty good. Maybe WWE should let AI write all promos for a full calendar year and see how it goes.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ganso Bomb posted:

Maybe WWE should let AI write all promos for a full calendar year and see how it goes.

Yeah but they can only use GROK

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Cabbit posted:

That promo is so much better it's depressing.

no poo poo. lol

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I can't find the AI thread so whatever, I'll post this here. I ran with the prompt "Let's channel the spirit of CM Punk and craft a compelling wrestling promo for his return to WWE" and even this is better than the real one. It's not as good as the previous one posted, but I like that it calls back to a couple of different things (voice of the voiceless, fire still burns, got two words for you, etc.). Maybe this is the only good use for AI in entertainment. WWE should lean into this and become industry leaders in AI scripts.

quote:

[Dimly lit arena, with the sound of a heartbeat echoing through the speakers. Suddenly, the lights flicker, and the crowd erupts into cheers as the familiar static of Cult of Personality by Living Colour fills the arena. The screen displays the words: "The Best in the World." The crowd reaches a fever pitch as CM Punk emerges from the backstage area, a smirk on his face and fire in his eyes.]

CM Punk: Well, well, well, would you look at this. Chicago, are you ready to feel alive again?

[The crowd roars in approval.]

CM Punk: It's been a long time since I stood in this ring, since I've graced you all with the presence of "The Best in the World." But I'm back, and I'm back for one reason and one reason only.

[Punk paces back and forth, soaking in the adulation of the crowd.]

CM Punk: I'm back to take back what's rightfully mine. I'm back to reclaim the spotlight that never should have dimmed in the first place. You see, while I've been away, things have changed. But one thing remains constant - I am still the voice of the voiceless.

[The crowd erupts in "CM Punk" chants.]

CM Punk: I see new faces, new champions, and new pretenders to my throne. But let me make one thing clear: I am the standard-bearer. I am the measuring stick. And anyone who thinks they can step in this ring and call themselves the best is in for a rude awakening.

[Punk pauses, a sly smile on his face.]

CM Punk: I've heard the whispers. I've seen the doubt. "Can Punk still hang with the new generation?" they ask. Well, let me assure you, the fire that burned in me then is a raging inferno now.

[The crowd cheers louder.]

CM Punk: This isn't just a return; this is a reclamation. This is me reminding each and every one of you why I am "The Best in the World." And to those who think they can stand in my way, well, I've got two words for you: good luck.

[Punk drops the mic, Cult of Personality blares through the speakers, and he exits the ring, leaving the WWE Universe in awe and anticipation for the rebirth of CM Punk in the squared circle.]

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fAIl

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

please dont

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I ain’t reading any AI shite sorry. I’m sure it’s fine.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Seams posted:

I ain’t reading any AI shite sorry.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Triple H watching the Punk promo and immediately emailing the sheets to let them know he wasn't backstage tonight and they never reached out to Punk at all about signing.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Tato posted:

Triple H watching the Punk promo and immediately emailing the sheets to let them know he wasn't backstage tonight and they never reached out to Punk at all about signing.

The NXT disappearing gif but it's the HHH/CM Punk point gif and CM Punk slowly disappears into the ether

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Alaois posted:

Yoshitatsu's shooter credentials are as legit as the Undertaker's so i think that guy was cookin

Isn’t there some story about him beating the poo poo out of Sheamus over an unwashed blender, sounds way more legit than anything Undertaker ever did

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Can we discourage posting ChatGPT outputs from one-line prompts? If you put a ton of effort into using AI to generate something then great but "here's what ChatGPT said about this thing I typed in 3 seconds" is the worst type of 2023 post.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lord Of Texas posted:

If you put a ton of effort into using AI to generate something

Literally not possible

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lord Of Texas posted:

Can we discourage posting ChatGPT outputs from one-line prompts? If you put a ton of effort into using AI to generate something then great but "here's what ChatGPT said about this thing I typed in 3 seconds" is the worst type of 2023 post.

Year’s almost over, I’ll come back strong in 2024

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Literally not possible

I’d say the JR Dynamite previews and Meltzer clips are good and funny but then I remembered that they’re real

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

yeah, story goes they were roommates and sheamus was really lazy about cleaning the blender. they got into an argument, sheamus throws his protein powder container at tatsu, he catches it out of midair and sheamus goes to throw a punch. yoshitatsu then beat him up because he's got legit combat sports training whereas sheamus was just big and used to play rugby and bounce at clubs

it was apparently celebrated backstage and smartened sheamus up a lot

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

One (1) AI post to emphasize how bad Punk's promo was last night is good imo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Seams posted:

I ain’t reading any AI shite sorry

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Dirty Dom domming Punk

https://x.com/wrestleops/status/1729515137927684120?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I asked AI to do CM Punk’s return promo

quote:

10 minutes of fart noises with piped in “this is awesome chants”

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

AEW: Here's a whole show with everyone you dislike banished from tapings

WWE: lol you'll take five minutes and like it bitch

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

well at least they cut out the fluff and got to the point of the thing.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I asked AI to do CM Punk’s return promo

chants shouldnt be in quotes there. stupid ai.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lmao

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Randy Orton teaching Dominik important life lessons like how to undercut Phil's bullshit :allears:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

imagine you are the miz - the guy that told you to suck a blood money covered dick a few years ago just came crawling back to the company you've been in the whole time as a gatekeeper and called it home... but you know that a year from now he will be jobbing to you constantly in a never ending midcard feud where the best in the world stares up at the lights being pinned by the guy who got kicked out of the locker room for eating chicken over a gym bag

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I wonder if his true believers will still back him if he does a Saudi show

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

History Comes Inside! posted:

They'll be too busy bragging about how he's in front of a bigger crowd than he was in AEW to notice it's at a blood money show

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

History Comes Inside! posted:

“Who better to help spread progressive beliefs in Saudi Arabia than CM Punk?! And the money he gets paid, presumably he’s going to donate that to charity!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Punk vs Goldberg in Saudi Arabia is my current dream match