Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Built the marvel GWP and while the set itself is unremarkable I wish I could pay more money and have printed pieces and ziploc parts bags for like all sets. Also the manual doubling as the front of the box is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I built the big bad Bowser and he is just so exciting and chunky, what a display piece

Also got insect collection and they are fantastic I love the colors

Piranha plant coming on Thursday too

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Beasteh posted:

I built the big bad Bowser and he is just so exciting and chunky, what a display piece

Also got insect collection and they are fantastic I love the colors

Piranha plant coming on Thursday too

I forget if it was here where I learned this, but the NES controller from the LEGO set fits perfectly in Bowser's hands if you feel like spending more on blocks, haha.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I don't think I ever posted my Iron Throne from that TV show about thrones.

I just wanted to share because I'm proud of my clever use of the wing pieces.

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

Douche4Sale posted:

I forget if it was here where I learned this, but the NES controller from the LEGO set fits perfectly in Bowser's hands if you feel like spending more on blocks, haha.

Hes also just the right size to play the grand piano

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

deoju posted:

I like it

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

deoju posted:

It’s good but nowhere near fat enough. Speaking of, i’m surprised they haven’t made fat minifigs. Even just a beer belly. The upcoming Baron Harkonnen would have been a good test bed even as an add-on with the huge tunic.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

TK-42-1 posted:

It’s good but nowhere near fat enough. Speaking of, i’m surprised they haven’t made fat minifigs. Even just a beer belly. The upcoming Baron Harkonnen would have been a good test bed even as an add-on with the huge tunic.

:lol: thanks. I was thinking of giving him something to represent a broken typewriter...

Ten years ago Bombur from the Hobbit got a unique piece to show his girth, I was hoping for something like that for the baron.
https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?M=lor051

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Coming here to post this

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I bet they could make a chonker minifig by modifying the design of the plate armor mold. It does basically the same thing.. just needs to be less shiny!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Love the idea of a dead beat dad set using this fig.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Literally A Person posted:

Love the idea of a dead beat dad set using this fig.

there's mullet hair now too, the carny in 60234 has it

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Optimus Prime is £75 in the UK at Argos if you toss a burner email in here to get a £5 voucher.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Any good brick printers you guys would recommend? Wanna change this thing from NCC-Enterprise to NCC-Paladin, just started pulling ideas out of my rear end to mod it but no real execution, head lore is a full ship of the line (Armor n Guns baby!) No idea what numbers I’d use or that’d make sense since I’m not a Trekkie

https://imgur.com/a/PtGb0mt

A Star Trek ship in a Star Wars universe

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Nov 30, 2023

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Sunk Dunk posted:

i started building the ecto-1 and goddamn this thing is gigantic

Enterprise is HUGE

https://imgur.com/a/dqT0I1Z

And heavy as gently caress, it’s plates on plates on plates on plates

Had to use a rolling pin with all my weight, once you build it it’s loving built

And it glows

https://imgur.com/a/cO7dEsa

And got it for $75 bucks

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Nov 30, 2023

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Some tiling would help it's look a bunch, but hell, who the gently caress am I to argue against that size of a build for $75.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Missing a crucial part from insect collection (for the Hercules beetle), first time this has happened to me - a real shame

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Beasteh posted:

Missing a crucial part from insect collection (for the Hercules beetle), first time this has happened to me - a real shame

Lego customer service is usually extremely good about making that right. I got a double 4 bag and no 3 bag one time and they sent me the missing bag instantly.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Beasteh posted:

Like TK-41-1 said, the one time it happened to me they just mailed out a replacement part p much no questions asked.
https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/replacementparts/missing/location

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
at least twice when i've used their missing part service the part has turned up a day or two later. oops. if you're reading this lego guy, i'm sorry

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I’ve had maybe 3 sets out of my last 50 missing 1 or more pets. I’m really meticulous about keeping the pieces orderly and checking all the bags when emptying them, so I know it’s not me. Most people (especially on Reddit) will tell me I’m crazy and they’ve never missed a prt and Lego is infallible, but I’m not crazy!!!!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Sunk Dunk posted:

I’ve had maybe 3 sets out of my last 50 missing 1 or more pets. I’m really meticulous about keeping the pieces orderly and checking all the bags when emptying them, so I know it’s not me. Most people (especially on Reddit) will tell me I’m crazy and they’ve never missed a prt and Lego is infallible, but I’m not crazy!!!!

You're crazy

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I dump out the bags on my kitchen table and am very careful about doing so, and I have a bare wooden floor so it's very easy to spot if anything has dropped or fallen

Lego were very apologetic and are sending the replacement part gratis which is nice of them!

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I think I've had three missing or screwed up pieces in the last decade. The last one I just had was weird since there was an improperly sealed bag, I think the part slid out before the box was closed- there were some parts just loose in the box but only one missing. Also it was a brand spankin new minifig part so it took a little bit to get to me, like a week (the website tells you if a part is like, out of stock or whatever, so was expected).

Also the kit shipped from lego and the outer packaging was fine so it wasn't some kind of plot to steal some minifig pants.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Somehow I lost the canoe from the A-Frame cabin, while building it. I think I saw it so I would feel bad getting a replacement.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

smackfu posted:

Somehow I lost the canoe from the A-Frame cabin, while building it. I think I saw it so I would feel bad getting a replacement.

Lego are not a tiny struggling company, order a replacement.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Lego raised prices last year just because they could. Take everything you can from them.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cojawfee posted:

Lego raised prices last year just because they could. Take everything you can from them.

This.

Never feel bad about requesting a missing part.

I've had a part missing in each of the last two big sets I bought.

The museum had a missing part in bag 1. It also had a part that did not go to the set in its place. 2nd time I have had that happen.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

If you get that canoe Mr Lego won’t be able to get Christmas presents for his children this year

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Sorry Claiden, you can't go to Princeton because smackfu scammed me out of a canoe.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Cojawfee posted:

Never forget: LEGO may be LEGO, but first and foremost they are a corporation and will thus exploit you and others at the slightest opportunity and demonstrated business case, so never, ever, never ever ever feel bad about getting one over on them.

Ever.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I won the gently caress corporations over lottery a handful of years ago, they sent me someone else's order which had three ~$50 sets in it. They can't force one to send mis-shipped items back so I got like a thousand free parts. Plus they had to send me the thing I actually did order.

Whoever ended up with the box originally meant to be mine got a good score too, it was around $300 in sets.

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

Lego keeps using DPD in Europe for shipping their parcels. It's the most lovely delivery company by far. One of my packages is missing, its marked delivered but nowhere to be found. And an another package has been send back to Lego because their package points are full so, whelp, lets send it back!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The_Doctor posted:

Lego are not a tiny struggling company, order a replacement.

This is stealing

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

bird with big dick posted:

This is stealing
You already bought it! They're the ones stealing by not giving you the parts

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

I preordered a handful of star wars sets from the ashoka release including the pirate snub fighter. They sent me just that set immediately but still had it listed as pending in the portal so I figured i’d get the rest of the order when it released. To my surprise all three sets were in the box when it showed up so free set I guess.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

This.

Never feel bad about requesting a missing part.

I've had a part missing in each of the last two big sets I bought.

The museum had a missing part in bag 1. It also had a part that did not go to the set in its place. 2nd time I have had that happen.

I've had missing parts just because I moved or my nephews came over and either dropped something into a black hole or grabbed a little five finger discount. And Lego has always been more than willing to facilitate any requests. Likely because they take one look at my account and think 'oh this guy is a whale. yeah. give it to him' but also more likely that it is just good business sense to send someone like 30 cents worth of pieces in good faith

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

They spend more money on the stamp to send me the 3 white dove pieces from the great wave set than they do for those 3 pieces themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Speaking off: Is there an easy way to see what should be in the box for a set? (Not individual parts just like 1x Bag 1, 1x Bag 2, etc.
I got the 40499 Santa's Sled with a crooked sticker sheet and instructions, and only 3 bags, going by what I can see on review video's it should be 2 big +2 small bags, I have 1 big 2 small in my package.
Directly from Lego so yeah.