Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Shiki can kill Sukuna. Discuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

golden lion shiki? absolutely

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

Eneru wouldn't have lost Sukuna, unlike Kashimo.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Anime is bringin me right back to how much Mahito pisses me off. He really didn't ever do anything but be cheap as hell and kill everyone I like. Lmao, best villain, not really close. gently caress him

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Pootybutt posted:

Anime is bringin me right back to how much Mahito pisses me off. He really didn't ever do anything but be cheap as hell and kill everyone I like. Lmao, best villain, not really close. gently caress him

Well, if Kenjaku's death means all of the cursed spirits he's amassed get to run loose, guess who's going to be re-entering the story?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

LuiCypher posted:

Well, if Kenjaku's death means all of the cursed spirits he's amassed get to run loose, guess who's going to be re-entering the story?

I think Mahito got "used up" when Kenjaku extracted his technique to start the culling game, he's gone gone

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

He got bisected by a Cursed Technqiue, I think just regrowing his torso is beyond what he can do with RCT.

Didn't he (or someone else) pretty much already do this?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

rkd_ posted:

Didn't he (or someone else) pretty much already do this?

Hakari basically regenerated from having his body exploded, RCT is very powerful

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

good scans when

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

good scans when

Here are some decent ones. Translation isn't TCB quality but it's serviceable

Curious to see what's going on with Yuji that he took Sukuna by surprise in that one panel.

Tosk fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Nov 30, 2023

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Tosk posted:

Here are some decent ones. Translation isn't TCB quality but it's serviceable

Curious to see what's going on with Yuji that he took Sukuna by surprise in that one panel.
My guess is Soul Resonance. Yuji and Nobara were the only people who could damage Mahito with their regular attacks because they damage the soul directly. I imagine there could be some silly logic behind it allowing Yuji to literally punch the Sukuna out of Megumi. Also Gojo's now like 5 year-old statement that while Yuji didn't have an innate technique, Sukuna's presence inside him would engrave some technique or another into him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Jerkface posted:

Hakari basically regenerated from having his body exploded, RCT is very powerful

Hakari has unlimited CE and RCT on full auto in that state.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

MonsterEnvy posted:

Hakari has unlimited CE and RCT on full auto in that state.

Gojo rewired his brain while dead to basically have Limitless, 6Eyes, and RCT all going non stop so :shrug: Doesn't seem like a limitation for him

This is semantics bud, Gojo knows how to do automatic process CT stuff
\/\/

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Nov 30, 2023

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Jerkface posted:

Gojo rewired his brain while dead to basically have Limitless, 6Eyes, and RCT all going non stop so :shrug: Doesn't seem like a limitation for him

No he didn’t. While almost dead he figured out how to use RCT to fix his body. Roughly a year later he figured out how to automate everything and use RCT to refresh his brain.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Omg it really is Sukuna vs the Japanese legal system (as interpreted by Higuruma)

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

No he didn’t. While almost dead he figured out how to use RCT to fix his body. Roughly a year later he figured out how to automate everything and use RCT to refresh his brain.

He got slashed and stabbed through the body, stabbed in the throat and got a stab directly through the brain after being worn down before he knew how to use RCT to refresh his brain

It is really not at all out of the realm of possibility that he revives, he’s done it before. The story has given us the ability to think this is possible.

I mean goddamn other characters have shown similar injuries and come back from it, it’s a possibility within the rules of the story.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
I hope he comes back but gets sliced in two again the very same chapter. Best of both worlds, like Solomon and the baby.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

i hope he comes back but as twins, one with limitless and 1 with 4 eyes and they no longer fight they just chibi around and act as a comedic mentor and then they beat Takaba and Kenjaku as a comedy duo :colbert:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The anime reminded me that Nobara owned and also that she is extremely definitely dead.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Gologle posted:

The anime reminded me that Nobara owned and also that she is extremely definitely dead.

Can't wait to see how Mappa handles the little "oh she might live" junk that gege threw in. Also good god they butchered that scene. Why is the hallway like 10000 feet long? They really made it all look so stupid.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Yeah they hosed it up. On the page it was incredibly snappy with the feel that it came down to split-second decision making (plus the additional narration to make it more obvious that Mahito made sure she couldn't see both bodies to realize what was going in the short amount of time she had). Way it was handled in the anime just made her look stupid.

That said lol that this is what people flip the gently caress out at. Nanami goes out in one of the physically grossest, most humiliating deaths in the entire manga literally right before this and that's no problem but this is Too Far.

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Dec 1, 2023

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Nanami was the tired but wise teacher One Day Away, literally imagining retirement. Most people expected him to bite the dust.

Nobara was part of The Trio and was a Bad Bitch in Shounen where female characters being sidelined is the rule, so it sucks that the football was pulled away again and she got shoved in a fridge

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Nobara's return is gonna be amazing, I still have faith in Gege. I'm also betting we get at least one more good Todo fight with him still just being absurdly strong with no technique and only one arm.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

It would be nice, but honestly, shelving a character for the back half of your manga and bringing them back in like that wouldn't change that you shelved them for half the manga even if you manage to execute it well. It would also help if it weren't the case that most of the weakest moments in the series involve women getting screwed over

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tosk posted:

It would be nice, but honestly, shelving a character for the back half of your manga and bringing them back in like that wouldn't change that you shelved them for half the manga even if you manage to execute it well. It would also help if it weren't the case that most of the weakest moments in the series involve women getting screwed over

Yeah it's not something this series would be able to shake even if Nobara comes back.

And I seriously, seriously need her to come back.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah it's not something this series would be able to shake even if Nobara comes back.

And I seriously, seriously need her to come back.

Very last page will cut to her on vacation somewhere not giving a gently caress.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
No joke I'd call that a win

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

No joke I'd call that a win

She faked her death to get back at Itadori for faking his. She doesn't show back up again until almost everyone else is dead because you don't half-rear end a revenge prank.

Really, though, this is highlighting how differently Chainsaw Man handles deaths than JJK. Himeno dies, it haunts Aki for the rest of his life, with him willing Himeno's sister half of his money. Power and Aki's deaths have hosed Denji up to the present, to the point he needs to occasionally self-lobotomize to function.

The deaths matter

Meanwhile, in JJK, deaths just kind of come and go and we're onto the next big fight. It has all the weaknesses of Chainsaw Man's approach these days, but none of the strengths.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
I feel like Maki was given the development that Nobora should have had. She probably fit the whole be true to yourself theme better, plus her ties with the Zenin. Nobora already has that mindset (which is why she’s cool) and Gege probably didn’t know how to write her into the story. I mean, wasn’t she only in the series because the editor requested it?

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

Tosk posted:

Could be something related to the blood cursed technique, since this chapter has Yuji thanking Kamo for teaching him something.

To talk about Gojo, I don't think he can't regrow his lower body by himself, but if someone put his legs and torso together he could definitely survive.Also, I don't really remember, do the good guys have anybody with a healing cursed technique? Shoko is a doctor of some kind(but i don't remember her ability), if they got her to Gojo's side fast enough she maybe could keep him alive

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
Shoko can RCT other people, along with Sukuna and Yuta, who also seem to have that power.

Honestly though, I hope Gojo is dead for real and if he comes back, it's as a spirit or deity in the epilogue.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

yum posted:

I feel like Maki was given the development that Nobora should have had. She probably fit the whole be true to yourself theme better, plus her ties with the Zenin. Nobora already has that mindset (which is why she’s cool) and Gege probably didn’t know how to write her into the story. I mean, wasn’t she only in the series because the editor requested it?

Too bad Maki hasn't even had a line in the last, what, 30 chapters or so. I can't even see if she's among the Planning Committee members in the latest chapter; there are no tight shots of her and she apparently has nothing to say or offer. There's someone in black over by Panda and Inumaki, where you might expect her to be, but it's so far away and un-detailed it could be anyone.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nobara coming back would make sense only if keeping her status obfuscated made sense. Like say they realize that her tech can hit sukuna directly in the event that he hijacked Itadori's body, in this case making her appear dead to Itadori would make sense since it would keep Sukuna in the dark. But that sort of went out of the window when he swapped bodies.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I just love how smug Mei-Mei gets to be knowing she can make any of these strong sorcerers flinch. I also wonder how much she's getting paid to stick around and even be a distraction in this whole situation.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Too bad Maki hasn't even had a line in the last, what, 30 chapters or so. I can't even see if she's among the Planning Committee members in the latest chapter; there are no tight shots of her and she apparently has nothing to say or offer. There's someone in black over by Panda and Inumaki, where you might expect her to be, but it's so far away and un-detailed it could be anyone.

Gege also gave her Toji’s haircut lol

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

yum posted:

Gege also gave her Toji’s haircut so lol maybe he does just want to draw dudes

Genuinely why are you people so loving weird about Maki in this thread. Earlier we had someone arguing her getting scars was Gege removing her femininity. Please God be normal about women.

Legit the third time someone in this thread has said she had to become a male character because she got a short haircut.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 1, 2023

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Maki is cool and her mulching the entire Zenin clan was one of the best parts of the manga.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, Maki is awesome. My only real complaint with her is that I don't really like how her sister's plotline ended up but she is pretty much the loving coolest anytime she is onscreen

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Infected posted:

Maki is cool and her mulching the entire Zenin clan was one of the best parts of the manga.

its going to be the best part of the anime too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Maki rules and I wouldn’t be surprised if the game plan atm is “wear Sukuna down and have Maki turn him into Swiss cheese”