Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

Kvantum posted:

Awesome work, but did you just not install the second beam emitter on the scythe?

Only came with one, sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Tin Tim posted:

Blast from the past for some of you :v:

Overall this kit was a challenge to my skills and did cost me some time but I also enjoyed it. I love my slighty hosed up new son.

That looks like a lot of work! Turned out nice though.

Unlike mine I think I've just lost the will to work on my Dugger machine because its so jank.

might put it aside for now til i can muster the heart to take another poke at it. Also trying out acrylic painting which didnt work at all hahah. You cant put it together without cementing parts together. Once they're cemented together you cant really take it apart. but you cant polish out stuff like seamlines without doing that first so it threw basically my usual procedure out the window, not even counting how badly the parts fit together in the first place.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

Zedd posted:

Watch some UC content, where the manufacturer to half the good stuff sells to whatever side pays them, profit baby!
What are they going to do? Buy crappy tech and get beaten? Sounds like another sale. :dance:

Anaheim Electric are the real bad guys of the UC.

Stairmaster posted:

The haro zakrello is NOT weird

:hai:

Nuebot posted:

I'm forever waiting for them to announce a new HGUC Big Zam or something. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die waiting.

Same :smith:

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

Prof. Banks posted:

So the illuminated Zeonic sign in my room is cool, yeah?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
zeon may be bad but the zaku has spikes, and thats good. hard to say

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
Zeon may have killed a lot of people but they also built a lot of kickass mobile suits so it's impossible to say if they're bad or not

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Prof. Banks posted:

Without Anaheim, the Titans would have won. And after that, Neo Zeon would have won.

(Yes, they did sell gear to the Titans, but it was their crappier stuff. And Haman got her rear end kicked too fast for her contracts with Anaheim to reach actual production.)

Anaheim makes money off every conflict they can, of course, because they're a shady amoral megacorp with a finger in every pie imaginable. But they seldom start the conflicts, and the baddies could get Mobile Suits without them (See: Haman and Paptimus).

Heck, Anaheim was just making housewares until after the One Year War, when Zeonic sold them its prototyping software to let them get in on the Mobile Suit game.

Blaming Anaheim is just taking time away from blaming the real enemy: Jupiter.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

chrome line posted:

Zeon may have killed a lot of people but they also built a lot of kickass mobile suits so it's impossible to say if they're bad or not

The Sazabi was worth a little genocide.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

Without Anaheim, the Titans would have won. And after that, Neo Zeon would have won.

(Yes, they did sell gear to the Titans, but it was their crappier stuff. And Haman got her rear end kicked too fast for her contracts with Anaheim to reach actual production.)

Anaheim makes money off every conflict they can, of course, because they're a shady amoral megacorp with a finger in every pie imaginable. But they seldom start the conflicts, and the baddies could get Mobile Suits without them (See: Haman and Paptimus).

Heck, Anaheim was just making housewares until after the One Year War, when Zeonic sold them its prototyping software to let them get in on the Mobile Suit game.

Blaming Anaheim is just taking time away from blaming the real enemy: Jupiter.

Hey now. Challia Bull was from Jupiter and seemed like a well adjusted chap.

Wait this is the plammo thread.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Stairmaster posted:

The haro zakrello is NOT weird

It IS weird and I love it because of it

Really need to build that HG qubeley I have sitting around...

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Synthbuttrange posted:

That looks like a lot of work! Turned out nice though.

Unlike mine I think I've just lost the will to work on my Dugger machine because its so jank.

might put it aside for now til i can muster the heart to take another poke at it. Also trying out acrylic painting which didnt work at all hahah. You cant put it together without cementing parts together. Once they're cemented together you cant really take it apart. but you cant polish out stuff like seamlines without doing that first so it threw basically my usual procedure out the window, not even counting how badly the parts fit together in the first place.
Ah dang that's a bummer. I like the weird retro design of the xabungle mechs!

Can't you seperate the limbs from the body? That would be my first angle maybe even to the point of snipping internals and making new connectors with pla plate, leftover polycaps, or some plastic tubing that happens to have the right diameter. If that can be done you're in a decent spot. Removing seams on small or angled areas is tricky but also not impossible. Cutting up flexible sanding pads is my solution there or taking small strips of sand paper that you stabilize/guide with the round body of half a toothpick. You gotta channel your inner mcguyver lol. Though without knowing the kit I'm just spitballing of course. Also since you paint I wholeheartedly suggest tamiya grey or a similar product. It's amazing for fixing smaller gaps and general seams. Just wet sand the stuff with 800 grit and you're halfway done. At least for me it works much more smoothly than just going with plastic cement.

Speaking of paint, did you use Vallejo acrylics on the kit? I brush paint them and I'm kinda surprised by the chalky look. Could be the effect of the photo?

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 6, 2023

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

who was it that got the GGG kit fully transformed? I cannot for the life of me get the red and yellow bits from the plane to stick to gaigar's face.

edit: oh my god this IS fiddly

edit edit:

quote:

"god why did i buy a combiner rg combiners are always so fiddly and never go together right i'll just-YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

alternate caption: wait your turn, RX-78-2!

Deviant fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Dec 6, 2023

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
It's now my birthday, and I'm finally starting work on my efreet! Will I ever learn how to use my phone's camera? Unlikely.

I am kind of surprised by just how few parts it has though! It's going to be a real fast build.

EDIT: So zoomed in you can see my sloppy efforts

Torso's done and it's been real fun, aside from those tiny rear end stickers. For some reason the instructions have you put most of it together upside down :psyduck:

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Dec 7, 2023

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Deviant posted:

who was it that got the GGG kit fully transformed? I cannot for the life of me get the red and yellow bits from the plane to stick to gaigar's face.

edit: oh my god this IS fiddly

edit edit:

The nerd in me is compelled to point out that the Protect Shade effect is only supposed to be used on the left arm.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

The nerd in me is compelled to point out that the Protect Shade effect is only supposed to be used on the left arm.

Isn't the Dividing Driver typically on the right as well?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I fixed it

Also I couldn't get them to stay on either

E: Just went over to the case to try it again, secret is to take the mane parts off of the black rods

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

I got it guys

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Warmachine posted:

Isn't the Dividing Driver typically on the right as well?

No, that's also a left-armed tool. Right arm is reserved for Goldymarg.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

It's now my birthday, and I'm finally starting work on my efreet! Will I ever learn how to use my phone's camera? Unlikely.

Post a few pics when you're done/of the rest of the build process! Wanna see more

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Monkey Fracas posted:

Post a few pics when you're done/of the rest of the build process! Wanna see more

Sure, it's going by fast!

It definitely feels like a kit from 2017 in some of its design choices and, particularly, its reliance on stickers. But I'm really having fun with it! It's nice and simple, and kind of makes me want to get more zeonic grunts since I imagine they'd be similar.

The legs are cool but do highlight, basically, my sole complaint: the stickers. Instead of just having a little vent on the legs like they did on the chest, the vents on the legs are just part of the leg and then you put an oversized red sticker on them. And it's a shame because normally I really like how actually inserting a vent piece looks and the stickers - or even painting the plastic like this - just doesn't look or feel the same at all.

I think this kit has more stickers than the entire nightingale did.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Those shield stickers

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Marx Headroom posted:

Those shield stickers

That's not a shield. That's a leg. I have to do that twice.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

Marx Headroom posted:

Those shield leg stickers

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

yes I put the shield on the wrong arm. I wanted to use both. Fight me about it.

he looks cool that way and I WILL NOT HAVE MY CREATIVITY DENIED.

and i have the goldymarg kit ready to be started

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Deviant posted:

yes I put the shield on the wrong arm. I wanted to use both. Fight me about it.

he looks cool that way and I WILL NOT HAVE MY CREATIVITY DENIED.

Buy a second and dual wield.

I really hosed up the first leg's stickers, did slightly better on the second :shepface:

EDIT:

Time for arms.

And it's done!

Over all I really liked the build. I imagine it's very similar to most zaku/gouf style things. I honestly haven't built that many, beyond some old gouf custom and gouf flight type kits (which still owned). The stickers kind of blow and not unlike the nightingale, there's a minor problem of the soft plastic clear bits of the heat blades being slightly curved which I think is just packaging issue, I know a few other kits I've had, have had slightly curved beam sabers and stuff too. Stickers aside I think it looks really neat and if they ever like, just released an updated kit I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 7, 2023

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Marx Headroom posted:

Those shield stickers

Could be worse. Could be the MG Sinanju shield.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
or claris' book

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Speaking of stickers though, when did they switch to using stickers for mono-eyes? On most of my old kits the eyes were clear plastic you just stuck into the face, I distinctly remember that for my goufs and rick dias and poo poo. But now every kit just uses metallic stickers for their eyes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Depends on the kit. Chuchu's demi has clear plastic monoeye.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I've got the HGUC gogg from 23 years ago and it has an eye sticker. So I doubt it's really a chronological thing.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Ah, so it's just a gamble. I need to find some kits that come with excess eyes or something so I can swap out the efreet and nightingale's stickers for plastic.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Your other option is to buy something like rhinestone stickers at a craft store, I've seen a few people on reddit use those for monoeyes.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Your other option is to buy something like rhinestone stickers at a craft store, I've seen a few people on reddit use those for monoeyes.

They're like factories far away.

(There's also a 3D sticker set for 30 minute mission, if you want those version.)

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

Buy a second and dual wield.

I really hosed up the first leg's stickers, did slightly better on the second :shepface:

EDIT:

Time for arms.

And it's done!

Over all I really liked the build. I imagine it's very similar to most zaku/gouf style thingbs. I honestly haven't built that many, beyond some old gouf custom and gouf flight type kits (which still owned). The stickers kind of blow and not unlike the nightingale, there's a minor problem of the soft plastic clear bits of the heat blades being slightly curved which I think is just packaging issue, I know a few other kits I've had, have had slightly curved beam sabers and stuff too. Stickers aside I think it looks really neat and if they ever like, just released an updated kit I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

It's really striking- the red pauldrons against the rest of the color scheme, the scimitar-looking heat blades, the big ol' missile pods!

I've thought about getting some paint myself so I didn't have to place certain annoying stickers but I've been too lazy as of yet

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I just hate how saturated the red is.

I have unit 3 sitting on my desk right now that I need to finish. Maybe I'll try that this weekend if my time doesn't get eaten by something else.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Monkey Fracas posted:

It's really striking- the red pauldrons against the rest of the color scheme, the scimitar-looking heat blades, the big ol' missile pods!

I've thought about getting some paint myself so I didn't have to place certain annoying stickers but I've been too lazy as of yet

Yeah, that's why I like it over any other efreet! Though, now I am tempted to get the basic rear end efreet because not only was this fun to build, but the basic one comes with a shotgun.

Warmachine posted:

I just hate how saturated the red is.

I have unit 3 sitting on my desk right now that I need to finish. Maybe I'll try that this weekend if my time doesn't get eaten by something else.

The spiderman 2099 colour scheme owns

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Finished adding waterslides to my HG Aerial. I think it really adds to it. Took me forever though.

The sheet also came with an extra large Holder emblem. Do you think it will hold up if I put it on my Asobu thermos? Maybe do the obvious thing and stick it to my laptop...

Anyway, I've got some decision paralysis regarding these Zaku waterslides. I'll probably go with the standard Zeon emblem, but that leaves the rank insignias and serial number. Should I go with something silly like 420, or is there some interesting Zaku II from the show I could replicate (it can't have custom emblems or paint job, with the materials available)?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/gsc_mechasmile/status/1733449740107579504?t=k9spcubMdRU6Vs7Sx9s7fg&s=19

For the 4 Trails fans here: they’re making another Divine Knight Moderoid

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
The HG Todesritter (Pale Rider successor) has like 50 stickers from my understanding; is there any model that has it worse than that because that sounds like a loving nightmare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

MechaX posted:

The HG Todesritter (Pale Rider successor) has like 50 stickers from my understanding; is there any model that has it worse than that because that sounds like a loving nightmare

Most RG kits have even more. They're optional, but they're there.