Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Awful App showing me the truth :owned:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

chapter of the year

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Eiba posted:

The idea that it was "unused" is a kind of a western colonialist mindset actually. Like the English who came to North America and saw woods instead of fields and figured the Native Americans just didn't know how to use the land, when the land was being used and even managed quite effectively, just for different ways of life.

The Skypians could have cut down all the trees and planted fields of pumpkins, but how could they bear to mar the natural products of divine Vearth? So what did they use it for instead? The same thing any grand temple or cathedral is used for- proof that the ruling classes have divine backing. That's not a small thing in any hierarchical state society! For any small number to rule a large number you need a really good story or it just won't work. Well, the gods of Skypia now had in their possession an absolutely incomprehensible source of divine life. "Utilization" and economics don't enter into it.

I myself am a citizen of the west so it shouldn't be too crazy to think Id have similar views on land ownership. Regardless, I didnt mean to suggest that economic explotation was the only thing that mattered, more importantly to my point was that they didnt work the land OR live there. They spent no time there, they never lived there, they had no connection to Upper Yard despite 400 years of ownership. If all the Skypeans do is revere the Vearth then thier claim to Upper Yard is incredibly weak.

Frankly, the Skypeans know that the Blue Sea exists and know of at least one way to get there and two ways to get back. Go get your own drat Vearth

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Son of a bitch

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

An SBS answered the question.

Everyone in the crew owns books except for Luffy. Zoro's is like, bounties and swords though.

But! Luffy can read and write. When he drew the picture of Nami as a mermaid he wrote "nami" on it, so he can write and if he can write he can read. He also signed his autograph for Barto (although it was just 'me' 'ore')

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Edit: NEVERMIND

Nikumatic fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Dec 7, 2023

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nikumatic posted:

motherFUCKER

i would be so goddamn mad if they hadn't actually just released the chapter

https://tcbscans.com/chapters/8420/one-piece-chapter-1101

not today

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Augus posted:

anyway here's my list of top OP moments that hosed me up so bad I had to take a break from watching

-That loving guy that dressed like a baby in Dressrosa?????

I know, right!?! How the gently caress that got turned into an incredibly touching, sad story still blows my mind.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Hook, line, sunk

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/1732610891521392842?s=20

:dance:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

what does this say

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's talking about this week's episode of the anime, "New Emperor! Senryo Clown Buggy!"

we gonna see cross guild

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Waffleman_ posted:

It's talking about this week's episode of the anime, "New Emperor! Senryo Clown Buggy!"

we gonna see cross guild

poo poo when will that be out on Crunchyroll? My wife will want to see that

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Probably sometime tomorrow

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Didn’t Cross Guild already start in last week’s episode though?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I dunno, probably. But this looks like it's gonna be when he says they gonna get the One Piece

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Yeah first half of that chapter with all the bounty reveals was last week's episode, this one will be buggy declaring he wants the one piece.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

BUGGY-SENCHOU! :cry:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Y'gotta realize at some point that a lot of people don't have twitter accounts anymore and can't see these posts anymore, and we should summarize what these are.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Julias posted:

Yeah first half of that chapter with all the bounty reveals was last week's episode, this one will be buggy declaring he wants the one piece.

is this the episode where everyone reacts to puffy’s dream?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

mdct posted:

Y'gotta realize at some point that a lot of people don't have twitter accounts anymore and can't see these posts anymore, and we should summarize what these are.

Y'gotta realize at some point that you can change the url from "twitter.com" to "nitter.net" to view tweets without an account

https://nitter.net/Eiichiro_Staff/status/1732610891521392842

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Scholtz posted:

Y'gotta realize at some point that you can change the url from "twitter.com" to "nitter.net" to view tweets without an account

Oh cool now we can read and comprehend this tweet, written in a language we all are fluent in!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

jassa posted:

Oh cool now I can copy and paste this into Google Translate, or use a browser addon where if you highlight text and right click it gives you the option to translate it.

Yep! :keke:

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Scholtz posted:

Anyone sharing information written in another language should just share the translated text (or a summary) with a link to the original, instead of assuming everyone else will care enough to individually go through the process of machine-translating it themselves.

You make a good point!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOe3KyW8RnM

Why does this video on the "ONE PIECE Official YouTube Channel" have a title in Japanese? :cry: Why aren't there English subtitles available for the voiceover? :qq: How am I supposed to know what Luffy is saying?

Don't they know this is an AMERICAN website??

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Scholtz posted:

"Put the onus on others (many) to process these URLs instead of having the person sharing it themselves do it"
Get the gently caress outta here. Like it's a herculean process to copy-paste a url into a post. Like you're not even saying someone posting should replace it with a nitter link, you're saying everyone else should do it.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

gently caress him up dude

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Not everyone else. I was just fine with the initial Twitter link :shrug:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
That post is loading fine for me on mobile, sounds like a skill issue

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

The chapter is gonna bust in here and stop the fighting like Shanks showing up at Marineford

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Gyges posted:

Look at this monster. Just kept trucking like it was nothing when Merry went to Valhalla.
bro its just a boat

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Bisse posted:

bro its just a boat

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Just dudes being way too condescending and smug about posting a twitter link

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX2EfnTc_Eg&t=70s

Runa posted:

Just dudes being way too condescending and smug about posting a twitter link

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Merry’s death and Ace’s death are equally sad. Ace’s last words are real painful.

Probably gonna be real rough when Blackbeard kills Shanks in front of Luffy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Scholtz posted:

Not everyone else. I was just fine with the initial Twitter link :shrug:

Yeah, I don't have a Twitter account and never have, but the tweet shows up fine for me on the forums (desktop, if that makes any difference).

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

where the gently caress is our chapter

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gyges posted:

Look at this monster. Just kept trucking like it was nothing when Merry went to Valhalla..

oh whoops knew I missed one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

mdct posted:

"Put the onus on others (many) to process these URLs instead of having the person sharing it themselves do it"
Get the gently caress outta here. Like it's a herculean process to copy-paste a url into a post. Like you're not even saying someone posting should replace it with a nitter link, you're saying everyone else should do it.

Hey man did you know that if you copy-paste a url from Twitter it automatically embeds?
And like everyone else said, you’re the only person who can’t see the embeds, skill issue.