Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah
Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gori-Rider you motherf---

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmqHs_6VSzQ

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Man FF7R is gorgeous even on my ps4 pro

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I should rewatch Redline

Probably in the original Japanese this time, I watched the dub the first time around (was a good dub)

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Redline ftw

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

verbal enema posted:

Man FF7R is gorgeous even on my ps4 pro

remember people saying the jump from PS3 to PS4 wasn't big?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rinkles posted:

loving lmao

The sixteen fold increase in gpu grade ram alone solved a lot of graphical bottlenecks

Turn on your Switch, select the same game, like Doom '16, and display it next toa PS4.
The Switch has eight times the ram of the ps3, more modern architecture, and native ~568p is still the best it can do.

Put witcher3 side by side. Just look at them. Not even a fair fight.

Now if you're comparing an early Ubisoft game, then yeah, sure; they don't put effort into console-specific optimization for any of their poo poo.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Dec 7, 2023

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Rinkles posted:

PS3 to PS4 is still pretty big, but I think we are seeing some diminishing returns now with PS5. Not to say there aren’t still improvements that I can see, but it’s definitely not as big as a jump.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The PS5's big thing is more the SSD integration and faster loading

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Remember how the ps3 took like an hour to delete stuff from it

It took longer to delete stuff than it did to actually download mgs4...

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

discussion about game tech usually gets wrapped up in arguing over pushing graphics/budget when that's really its own issue. It's true that plenty of big games from say, the ps2 still look good, but they were also a massive effort to wring that out of it without making it keel over so hardware getting better is still a good thing even if it's not for billion dollar megagames.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
1 a.m., thin walls and next door neighbours who won't shut the hell up on a Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Meowywitch posted:

Remember how the ps3 took like an hour to delete stuff from it

It took longer to delete stuff than it did to actually download mgs4...

reinstalling gran turismo 5 and patching it was seriously a 20 hour ordeal thanks to the ps3 doing all the filesystem crypto on a single spu

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Man I had a cool Battler Ushiromiya avatar for like twelve hours then the same lunatic who's spent like $200 on me alone bought this Biden thing back.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aawJNoWoBg

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Man I had a cool Battler Ushiromiya avatar for like twelve hours then the same lunatic who's spent like $200 on me alone bought this Biden thing back.

Problem, Battler?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSZNdsUxHKI

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I don't know anything about this franchise other than what reverse image search told me but lol nonetheless

EDIT: OK, let's see how long this av lasts.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Dec 7, 2023

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.cbr.com/biggest-manga-webtoon-piracy-site-identify-shut-down/

RIP

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’m guessing it’s Mangadex then (can’t think of many other sites that start with “M”)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Larryb posted:

I’m guessing it’s Mangadex then (can’t think of many other sites that start with “M”)

It isn't.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There's quite a few. Mostly they scrape mangadex.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ah, that’s a relief (there’s a lot of stuff on there I can’t find anywhere else so I’d hate to see it go). What site were they referring to then?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Mangadex is "owned" by like a big consortium of pirates since it does that peer to peer file housing scheme, right? Taking out the central site would just make it go open source.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Larryb posted:

Ah, that’s a relief (there’s a lot of stuff on there I can’t find anywhere else so I’d hate to see it go). What site were they referring to then?

I have no idea. If it isn't Mangadex I've probably never used it unless it's that one site that has One-Punch Man

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I have no idea. If it isn't Mangadex I've probably never used it unless it's that one site that has One-Punch Man

The article called it a big piracy site so I assumed it was something fairly well known (and it’s not any of the ones I regularly frequent). Otherwise doesn’t look like there’s anything to worry about here then

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Larryb posted:

The article called it a big piracy site so I assumed it was something fairly well known (and it’s not any of the ones I regularly frequent). Otherwise doesn’t look like there’s anything to worry about here then

Yeah it's weird. Maybe it wasn't an English site at all.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
lmfao the anime filter

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
even if it isn't mangadex(it could also be mangakakalot which seems like it's the first site to show up for scans of chapters for any given series I google most of the time), is there a way to easily get a list of every series I have bookmarked on mangadex? I want to have a list in case it IS mangadex, for whatever Onemanga Batoto whatever sprouts from the ashes whenever mangadex eventually gets shut down

also I don't care if authors "don't want their works translated", if people want to read it, they're gonna find a way to read it, and if you don't want to provide a legal solution to that, they're going to find alternatives.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

even if it isn't mangadex(it could also be mangakakalot which seems like it's the first site to show up for scans of chapters for any given series I google most of the time), is there a way to easily get a list of every series I have bookmarked on mangadex? I want to have a list in case it IS mangadex, for whatever Onemanga Batoto whatever sprouts from the ashes whenever mangadex eventually gets shut down

also I don't care if authors "don't want their works translated", if people want to read it, they're gonna find a way to read it, and if you don't want to provide a legal solution to that, they're going to find alternatives.

Yeah, there’s some manga out there where fan translations are sadly the only option available in terms of reading them in English (which is why sites like Mangadex are useful)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Captain Invictus posted:

is there a way to easily get a list of every series I have bookmarked on mangadex? I want to have a list in case it IS mangadex, for whatever Onemanga Batoto whatever sprouts from the ashes whenever mangadex eventually gets shut down

I mean, you could start a txt file in notepad and update it whenever you read the latest chapter. That'll be secure as long as your computer doesn't go kersplut.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It's probably mangago. That site's huge in asia so would be on their radar, and it's like 90% webtoons.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/GKIDSfilms/status/1732827557941182833?t=HjsHkIxnI1RX2-C3AbsiYg&s=19

The request for the international title change was at the behest of Ghibli themselves. GKids isn't 100% on the reason, but suspects they wanted to move away from the title of the book How Do You Live came from, since the movie isn't really a full adaptation of it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/GKIDSfilms/status/1732827557941182833?t=HjsHkIxnI1RX2-C3AbsiYg&s=19

The request for the international title change was at the behest of Ghibli themselves. GKids isn't 100% on the reason, but suspects they wanted to move away from the title of the book How Do You Live came from, since the movie isn't really a full adaptation of it.

This rules, great read

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Did Ghibli request everyone make shittier posters than the JP one too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde