Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Bleck posted:

honestly can't even think about Senor Pink without tearing up

I think so much about how this guy represents señor pink. It’s just so good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tl0ra7SzYI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/TCBScans/status/1732773469920628811

This is a tweet from the TCB (TheComicBrigade) Twitter account, well known in this thread for their quality fansubs. It consists of three pirate flag emojis (🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️) which cryptically indicates they intend to release the fansubs for Chapter 1101 of One Piece soon after the time of this post.

https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7565/one-piece-chapter-1101

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Dec 7, 2023

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Scholtz posted:

This is a tweet from the TCB (TheComicBrigade) Twitter account, well known in this thread for their quality fansubs. It consists of three pirate flag emojis (🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️) which cryptically indicates they intend to release the fansubs for Chapter 1101 of One Piece soon after the time of this post.

I had to mouse over that link to make sure you werent pulling a fast one

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ok Distorted Future is a top tier ability. Can she just ask for a "Kaido-ish" future punch too???

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

gently caress EM UP BONNEY

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Shredding the letters is so petty, I'm glad that bitch got destroyed

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Not spoilers for the new chap; Bonney and Kuma have over the course of the Egghead arc become some of my favorite One Piece characters in a way I never expected. Always continuously impressed at how Oda really gives time for characters to grow. It's very much like how I probably never would have thought Usopp would be my favorite Straw Hat during East Blue, but by the time Enies Lobby was done he's never been shaken from that position for me. The current flashbacks are doing a lot of heavy lifting of course, but the recontextualization of a lot of what we already know really makes me want to dive into a re-read.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
im so loving mad that Kuma wrote how much he wanted Bonney to see the world and how much he loved her and the letters just got torn up, like the gently caress was even the point besides “being a bitch”?

also, i teared up just a little when I realized Distorted Future makes Bonney look like a little Buccaneer because she thinks Joyboy would look like Kuma.

Edit: also tearing up the letters in retrospect was stupid on top of being petty, like Kuma was already given instructions not to leak anything to Bonney, having your dad not send letters is just going out of your way to gently caress up your mission lol.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Plutonis posted:

This was obviously going to happen but Jesus what a little pissboy move lol.

Like it's far from the most horrendous thing that's happened this flashback but something about it has made me the most angry/irritated.

PirateZim
Apr 24, 2005

granny conney the mvp

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Plutonis posted:

:hai:

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I don’t quite understand the start of the chapter. Kuma was meeting up with Dragon in Goa, but went for a walk beforehand and saw Luffy, and was remembering that fact at the start of this chapter, meaning the end of the last chapter was a flashback within a flashback? Uhhhhh

Seems kinda strange for Dragon to go explicit no-contact with his kid for security reasons but still carry out clandestine meetings there

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
GEAR 3 BONNEY

Cat Machine posted:

I don’t quite understand the start of the chapter. Kuma was meeting up with Dragon in Goa, but went for a walk beforehand and saw Luffy, and was remembering that fact at the start of this chapter, meaning the end of the last chapter was a flashback within a flashback? Uhhhhh

Seems kinda strange for Dragon to go explicit no-contact with his kid for security reasons but still carry out clandestine meetings there

Kuma visited Luffy and was remembering that, when the RA was in the East Blue, he and Dragon talked about Goa and Kuma had figured out Luffy was his kid. Dragon then told him not to tell anyone. Back to the "present," Kuma was just watching Luffy to check in on him as he's his friend's son.

I interpreted the Goa meetings as Dragon wanting to make sure Luffy is safe without actually checking on him in person.

Woozie66 fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Dec 7, 2023

PirateZim
Apr 24, 2005

Cat Machine posted:

Kuma wasn't there to meet dragon, the gray gutters indicates a flashback to a conversation they had before. Kuma was just in the area for his job as a warlord.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Scholtz posted:

this is what a perfect Twitter embed post looks like. learn something from this, Please

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

good ch.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

CharlestonJew posted:

I had to mouse over that link to make sure you werent pulling a fast one

coward, just click and go

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ive seen enough. Bonney is the 2nd strongest non-straw hat supernova behind Law and its not close. She would have beat BM harder than Kid easily. Also would have blocked Shanks' attack with a Mihawk-ish sword block.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I can't believe it Jenga is canon to One Piece...

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

mabels big day posted:

Ive seen enough. Bonney is the 2nd strongest non-straw hat supernova behind Law and its not close. She would have beat BM harder than Kid easily. Also would have blocked Shanks' attack with a Mihawk-ish sword block.

Joking aside, have we seen her use haki? Obviously at this point we have to assume all major players can, so I'm sure she can, but have we seen it?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Bonney.........owns??????

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Woozie66 posted:

Joking aside, have we seen her use haki? Obviously at this point we have to assume all major players can, so I'm sure she can, but have we seen it?

i doubt she can. i dont even think Kidd has haki

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Woozie66 posted:

That's what her Shanks-ish future is for

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Pyroi posted:

That's what her Shanks-ish future is for

Yeah this

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

This distorted future move is gonna need some more fleshing out in an SBS or something, how the flying gently caress does the Age fruit give you mimic devil fruit abilities, it's such a logic stretch narrative-wise bordering on asspull territory :confused:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I don’t think we’ve seen any literal children use Haki and she’s twelve

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

One of the first Haki users we saw was a literal child, even younger than Bonney

Also even if you don't count Mantra as Haki, both Ace and Yamato used Conquerors' Haki before the age of 10

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Dec 7, 2023

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Serious post I want Kuma to live I want him to go on adventures with Bonney :smith:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

bonney simply needs to ask her fruit for a future where she is trained in haki. In fact i bet the fruit's weakness is the user's age. Like, the older Bonney actually gets, the less potential her future holds and the less effective Distorted Future becomes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Bonney rules

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Fecha posted:

I don’t think we’ve seen any literal children use Haki and she’s twelve

Young doffy did it

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

hell yeah Oda!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Conney owns

Bonney owns

Alpha owned

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

White Light posted:

This distorted future move is gonna need some more fleshing out in an SBS or something, how the flying gently caress does the Age fruit give you mimic devil fruit abilities, it's such a logic stretch narrative-wise bordering on asspull territory :confused:

It probably wasn't mimicking anything, it was just a theoretical future where she grows as big as her dad. With emphasis on the theoretical given that he's not biologically (... probably) her dad, but I don't think she even knows that.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

the stronger the imagination, the stronger the devil fruit...

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

rannum posted:

Conney owns

Bonney owns

Alpha owned

Alpha GOT owned

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Supremezero posted:

It probably wasn't mimicking anything, it was just a theoretical future where she grows as big as her dad. With emphasis on the theoretical given that he's not biologically (... probably) her dad, but I don't think she even knows that.

she does a rubber attack because she turns into Nika and all she knows about him is that he’s made of rubber and is cool and strong (which, because she’s a child, means Nika looks like Kuma), seems like mimicry to me?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Cat Machine posted:

Alpha GOT owned

yeah that's the joke i was making

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

man this whole flashback wasnt a setup for kuma to show up and rescue bonney or for luffy to get up and go for round 2 or anything. Bonneys about to beat saturn 1v1 when we flash forward