Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
*thinking* hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I mean, you could start a txt file in notepad and update it whenever you read the latest chapter. That'll be secure as long as your computer doesn't go kersplut.
I have literally a thousand series bookmarked either that I've read, am reading, or have yet to read, I was hoping there was a scraper or something that'd collate the bookmarks into a list

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
thats not maken x another

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I feel so out of touch trying to understand what this meme is supposed to be saying

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

Fluffdaddy posted:

I feel so out of touch trying to understand what this meme is supposed to be saying

you should read dorohedoro

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Fluffdaddy posted:

Just in time for Out of Touch Thursday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7xMgJedN2s

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

you should read dorohedoro

and Dai Dark and HUVAHH

copy
Jul 26, 2007

q hayashida ftmfw

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

verbal enema posted:

and Dai Dark and HUVAHH

This

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

copy posted:

q hayashida ftmfw

Also this

copy
Jul 26, 2007

dai dark owns bones. closest thing to a gripei have about it is it doesn't have envrionments with as much personality as Hole did. that being said the ship and the school from the flashback both feel like cool alien-but-lived-in spaces

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Genuine question here: does anyone have suggestions on how to get media unstuck from their mind because it keeps popping up like a borderline intrusive thought?

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

what song is stuck in your head

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Only thing I've ever found to work was to get two additional songs stuck in my head and let them fight it out. It doesn't always work though, sometimes you just get three songs stuck in your head.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Southern Cassowary posted:

Well last year it was I Really Want to Stay at Your House after Edgerunners turned it from a cool radio song into a sledgehammer. Can't really rewire those mental pathways once they've been set. Removing songs from playlists doesn't always work, and I've tried making playlists with nothing but brainworms songs to flush my system when I need to. That's not always a fix either because it doesn't address the part where they sneak up in my mind when I don't want them there.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Dec 7, 2023

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SHOW ME THE CHAMPION OF LIIIIGHT

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
its time to engage in idol activities and get some new earworms

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

According to Spotify this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYW4F5q7XBE

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

kirbysuperstar posted:

SHOW ME THE CHAMPION OF LIIIIGHT

i'll show you the herald of darkness

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Arc Hammer posted:

Well last year it was I Really Want to Stay at Your House after Edgerunners turned it from a cool radio song into a sledgehammer. Can't really rewire those mental pathways once they've been set. Removing songs from playlists doesn't always work, and I've tried making playlists with nothing but brainworms songs to flush my system when I need to. That's not always a fix either because it doesn't address the part where they sneak up in my mind when I don't want them there.

i solve this by listening to lots of cool music so i just go "man, the riff to heartwork was dope" randomly and i don't get hung up on one specific thing. can't get a song stuck for too long if you're a music vagabond.

right now i inexplicably have what a fool believes stuck in my head though

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

surf rock posted:

Alright, I just watched it and Kiki's Delivery Service goes in my anime movie A tier. Updated version of the full list:

I want to give it some more thought, but at first reaction, I'm going to put The Boy and the Heron in my B tier. It's beautiful, I was totally mystified by the plot in a way that was enthralling rather than frustrating, I laughed a lot, and I cried at the end. Shout-out to loving Bautista and Robert Pattinson going blow-for-blow with Mark Hamill in the voice acting department.

Concerningly, I was literally the only person in the theater.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/gsc_kahotan/status/1732959038173028636

I appreciate Kikuri getting a tetra pak of booze as an accessory

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Arc Hammer posted:

sometimes overdosing works for me. listening to a song so much i grow tired of it, which can also dull the emotional associations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

surf rock posted:

I want to give it some more thought, but at first reaction, I'm going to put The Boy and the Heron in my B tier. It's beautiful, I was totally mystified by the plot in a way that was enthralling rather than frustrating, I laughed a lot, and I cried at the end. Shout-out to loving Bautista and Robert Pattinson going blow-for-blow with Mark Hamill in the voice acting department.

Concerningly, I was literally the only person in the theater.

do you think watching dub v sub affects your ratings?

out of the ghibli films, i think the only one I've watched dubbed (in English, for the pedants) is spirited away, and that was around when it came out.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

copy posted:

dai dark owns bones. closest thing to a gripei have about it is it doesn't have envrionments with as much personality as Hole did. that being said the ship and the school from the flashback both feel like cool alien-but-lived-in spaces

I dont like it cause I have no conception of where stuff is happening or where things are in relation to each other

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
That's the same reason I dislike the action direction in Zeta Gundam

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nptISgciLNQ

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

Genuine question here: does anyone have suggestions on how to get media unstuck from their mind because it keeps popping up like a borderline intrusive thought?

I find that actually listening to the song helps because usually I’m remembering a bit of it and thinking “what song is that”

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

https://twitter.com/gsc_kahotan/status/1732959038173028636

I appreciate Kikuri getting a tetra pak of booze as an accessory

Speaking of, I was thinking of finally giving Bocchi a shot. Based on the description is it basically just K-ON if it were less family friendly?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Larryb posted:

Speaking of, I was thinking of finally giving Bocchi a shot. Based on the description is it basically just K-ON if it were less family friendly?

no, and also what?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

we gave Bocchi a gun and Ryo says gently caress. this isn't your grandma's band anime

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

in episode 9 Kikuri sings Gay Fish

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Good enough for me, thanks

Larryb fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Dec 8, 2023

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Larryb posted:

It’s k-on if yui had an anxiety disorder and the girls were all in love. Enjoy!

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Rinkles posted:

do you think watching dub v sub affects your ratings?

out of the ghibli films, i think the only one I've watched dubbed (in English, for the pedants) is spirited away, and that was around when it came out.

Oh, I pretty much only watch dubbed.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Most of the Ghibli dubs I've watched are pretty good. I'm not always a big fan of celebrities doing voiceovers when there's so many industry veterans out there who could do better but occasionally you'll get stuff like Cary Elwes stealing the show in Porco Rosso and owning his role in The Cat Returns.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh hey Shout Studios, formerly Factory, is releasing Great Pretender on BD in March. Always good to see a show escape Netflix.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

We're getting Boy and the Heron locally but the sub is the only one playing in Matinee's so I'll be seeing the sub I guess

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Larryb posted:

it's a completely different show in every way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

In the theater to see Miyazaki at 10:30 in the morning on a Friday