Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Jhet posted:

People in Seattle didn't understand why I was so cranky they traded Soucy in for Dumoulin. But I knew then, and now Canucks fans know too. You don't get some magnificent goal scoring d-man, but you do get someone who is responsible with the puck, can skate, and takes a good position while defending.

Soucy made Tyler Myers look presentable on the ice, which is as close to a miracle as exists in the NHL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Kyle Okposo is 6th among Sabres forwards in time on ice this season.

This is a thoroughly unserious organization.

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

th3t00t posted:

Kyle Okposo is 6th among Sabres forwards in time on ice this season.

This is a thoroughly unserious organization.

Team brought back Okposo AND Girgensons

And wonders why they have no heart

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

grack posted:

Soucy made Tyler Myers look presentable on the ice, which is as close to a miracle as exists in the NHL.

If getting rid of Myers meant taking in Sbisa 2.0 (I dont know who this is but for the sake of argument lets just say Luca Sbisa found a time machine and got young again), would you do it?

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Zodijackylite posted:

This is great hockey, he just goes where the puck is going to be.

As much as this is lol Myers, this clip is also a great example of what makes elite players, Hughes has probably done the video on all the defenders and knows there’s a good chance Myers might do that, I doubt that’s just luck. But not only predicting the bad play, but does so in a position where he can create a grade A chance in half a second.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
A tremendous piece of scouting, figuring out that Tyler Myers does something stupid with the puck almost every time it's on his stick.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/sabresplays/status/1732922634919158180?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

Goaltender “interference”

gently caress this stupid league

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

okposo pitchforks the goalie and it only becomes loose after he falls over :shrug:

But you are correct, in a just league that goal would have stood because it was against the Bruins.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Being a Sabres fan seems miserable

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

grack posted:

I definitely did not have "I will desperately miss Carson Soucy 2 months into the season" on my bingo card this year.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Being a Sabres fan seems miserable

I think the latter usually predates the former.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Lol that's 100% goaler interference. You can't shove the goalie off the puck

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Experience Red Wings Hockey

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Two shorties on the same PP huh

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

bro you know goaler is wrong your brain fixed that rear end to goalie in the second sentence

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

fisting by many posted:

okposo pitchforks the goalie and it only becomes loose after he falls over :shrug:

But you are correct, in a just league that goal would have stood because it was against the Bruins.

He must weigh like five pounds to be knocked over by that.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

“Shove” the goalie. Okay dude. Where was the “shove”?

Edit: sorry but poking for the uncovered puck isn’t interference, Ullmark is a gigantic baby for falling down there. Linus “Humpty Dumpty” Ullmark.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Koopa Kid posted:

Two shorties on the same PP huh

and the second was a 2 on 0. great stuff. fantastic team defense.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

He must weigh like five pounds to be knocked over by that.

“Shove” the goalie. Okay dude. Where was the “shove”?

Edit: sorry but poking for the uncovered puck isn’t interference, Ullmark is a gigantic baby for falling down there. Linus “Humpty Dumpty” Ullmark.

No one in this thread is going to agree with you. It doesn’t matter how much force is in the contact, Okposo’s stick is in his midsection.

Now let’s get you out on the ice in goalie pads, put you in a butterfly and see how hard it is to push you over. It doesn’t take a lot of force to push people over in that straight up position trying to close off the posts.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

heehee posted:

bro you know goaler is wrong your brain fixed that rear end to goalie in the second sentence

My phone autocorrected it!

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Goaler sounds cromulent to me

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A puck under the goalie is considered covered. That doesn't happen much in Buffalo though, cut him some slack.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

I like the twitter comments that are like Toronto is biased against Buffalo. Like any Torontonian gives enough of a poo poo about the Sabres that they'd decide to screw them over in favour of the loving Bruins.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The available evidence tends to suggest the entire universe is biased against Buffalo

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Eric the Mauve posted:

The available evidence tends to suggest the entire universe is biased against Buffalo

Probably shouldn't have done the 1970 expansion on an ancient burial ground

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Aphrodite posted:

A puck under the goalie is considered covered. That doesn't happen much in Buffalo though, cut him some slack.

Sorry that your team are frauds who lost to my lovely team :smug:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

pseudodragon posted:

I like the twitter comments that are like Toronto is biased against Buffalo. Like any Torontonian gives enough of a poo poo about the Sabres that they'd decide to screw them over in favour of the loving Bruins.

Do other sports have this thing where people accuse the league office of having regional bias because of where their office building is located?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

wings and sharks trying to score as many goals as possible

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Eric the Mauve posted:

Anyway it’s this though.

The Sabres make no loving sense this season, they kicked the poo poo out of the Rangers and Bruins but lost to some really lovely teams in between. Maybe Eric Robinson was the missing piece?!?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Sorry that your team are frauds who lost to my lovely team :smug:

It's fine I don't watch hockey.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Koopa Kid posted:

Do other sports have this thing where people accuse the league office of having regional bias because of where their office building is located?

Baseball certainly does with the Yankees.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Didn't bother with the game tonight as I was out doing stuff but, uh:

https://twitter.com/CBJcenter/status/1732943173620555994?t=ywdeRjwlrTNxKFvbwSMnFQ&s=19

...Adam Fantilli might be good.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Furnaceface posted:

If getting rid of Myers meant taking in Sbisa 2.0 (I dont know who this is but for the sake of argument lets just say Luca Sbisa found a time machine and got young again), would you do it?

I'd rather just wait out Myers' contract

...or smuggle him on to a plane headed to South Africa and dump him in a game reserve.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Well I think Ovechkin might be finished. Never seen him play worse than this season.

It was a fun ride.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Mind_Taker posted:

Well I think Ovechkin might be finished. Never seen him play worse than this season.

It was a fun ride.

hes gonna sock a dinger on Saturday, book it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I’m not caught up, which people is dinger a slur for?

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Didn't bother with the game tonight as I was out doing stuff but, uh:

https://twitter.com/CBJcenter/status/1732943173620555994?t=ywdeRjwlrTNxKFvbwSMnFQ&s=19

...Adam Fantilli might be good.

He did look good tonight from where I was sitting! Then Bo Horvat potted two goals in 20 seconds and the Islanders actually managed to hold onto a third period lead for once! Imagine if they could do that consistently...

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Mr. Fish posted:

He did look good tonight from where I was sitting! Then Bo Horvat potted two goals in 20 seconds and the Islanders actually managed to hold onto a third period lead for once! Imagine if they could do that consistently...

They would be up there with the rangers if they didn’t collapse 10 times in the 3rd so far this season.

But they did, so they are only tied for 3rd in the metro

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

heehee posted:

gaoler, since he imprisons the puck in his silly little mitt

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

I’m not caught up, which people is dinger a slur for?

ukrainian victims of russian occupation, of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

kill me now posted:

They would be up there with the rangers if they didn’t collapse 10 times in the 3rd so far this season.

But they did, so they are only tied for 3rd in the metro

canucks would be 10 points ahead of every other team if they didn't gently caress up easy wins .