Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Killers of the Flower Moon - no idea how you make a 200 min movie without filler or dead space but he did it, absolutely insane DeNiro performance too.

Seeing Poor Things tonight. Yorgos crew 👊🏻

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Monsterverse Tier List

Kong Skull Island
Godzilla King of the Monster
Godzilla 1
Godzilla vs Kong

wtf godzilla vs kong is way too low

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

King of the Monsters has too much stuff that’s the bad kind of goofy like the corny jokes from Thomas Middleditch’s characters and I wish they didn’t do the thing where all the monster fights are in rain or snow or ash clouds which I assume was to make the cgi look a little better by obscuring it some but it’s still a lot of fun, the fights are good in spite of that and I love all the new monster designs. And Godzilla vs Kong just kicks an insane amount of rear end beginning to end lol. It was the movie I inaugurated my first 4K HDR tv with when I finally upgraded a couple years back.

I’m really looking forward to the next one, can’t wait to see Godzilla whip even more monkey rear end

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

King of the Monsters is fine but Godzilla vs Kong is godawful

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Hell or High Water

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

American McGay posted:

Hell or High Water

Good movie :hai:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Hell or High Water

That movie kicks rear end. Considering it for my next movie club pick.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Just finished Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves. Surprisingly fun popcorn movie, lots of clever and exciting little setpieces and it’s one of those movies where you can tell every member of the cast is just having a blast making it. Between this and that Guy Ritchie movie recently I’m enjoying Hugh Grant’s new turn to smarmy jerk roles

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Thought about this a lot while watching it:
https://twitter.com/illjoy_/status/1697346763290517895

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

The Boy and the Heron: it’s ftw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

die hard 2 is boring as hell lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Fungah! posted:

it doesn't have the cat and mouse tension that made the first movie work and the terrorist leader just has absolutely zero gravitas, which considering they were trying to follow up alan rickman was always going to be impossible. the way they lazily handle the nobody-believes-the-hero trope doesn't help since its done the least believable way possible

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

"There is no solitude greater than that of the samurai unless it be that of a tiger in the jungle... perhaps..."
Nixon (1995) - Completely blown away by it. I loved how many lines were direct quotes. I wish there was a movie about LBJ like this one and I'm almost surprised Oliver Stone hasn't made one.

Sir Mat of Dickie fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Dec 10, 2023

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

STONE COLD 64 posted:

it doesn't have the cat and mouse tension that made the first movie work and the terrorist leader just has absolutely zero gravitas, which considering they were trying to follow up alan rickman was always going to be impossible. the way they lazily handle the nobody-believes-the-hero trope doesn't help since its done the least believable way possible

yeh it's the same movie but every single aspect is worse, sometimes by a lot

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

great fun in the game trilogy though

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The Return of the Vampire. Columbia made a ripoff/unofficial sequel to Universal’s Dracula and got Bela Lugosi to star in it. Lugosi’s great of course, tremendous screen presence, and it’s kind of interesting to see him in a low-budget ripoff of the film that made him famous. The premise of a vampire previously sealed away in his crypt being released by the Nazi bombing of London seems like something from a pulpy thriller from the 80s to present day so it was interesting to see that they were making movies like that during WWII. Wouldn’t really recommend it to anyone who’s not big into vampire movies or old Universal etc 40s monster movies but if you are it’s a neat little relic.

Also man they were just so much better at ending movies back then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrtlsI4F36E

Punished Chuck fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Dec 12, 2023

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Ernest Saves Christmas

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

All Monsters Attack. Godzilla is such an rear end in a top hat in this

Lester
Sep 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
finished a full re-watch of the Sopranos. I liked it the first time, but it's much better the second time through. on a rewatch, inattentive viewers like me can appreciate the momentarily annoyed expression on gandolfini's face that lets you know somebody's gonna get whacked 15 episodes later on a trivial pretext

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

----------------

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Jjk finally hooked me after I bounced off it a couple times. The story doesn’t really make much sense but the fights are insane. Definitely some of MAPPAs best work. Mahito vs Mechamaru especially :staredog:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Poppers posted:

Jjk finally hooked me after I bounced off it a couple times. The story doesn’t really make much sense but the fights are insane. Definitely some of MAPPAs best work. Mahito vs Mechamaru especially :staredog:

the story is that there's evil spirits and yuji must punch the poo poo out of them. it owns

----------------

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Yep, it’s ftw

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

lmao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Godzilla Minus One on IMAX. Unbelievable pwnage. :cheers:

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Barbie. I liked it, but I should’ve studied the Barbie lore first.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bodies (2023) - Premise of the show is approximately 4 billion times cooler than the actual show. Terrible writing, MadTV tier makeup, and plotholes out the rear end due to the terrible writing

Lester
Sep 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
every scene in godzilla minus one that had godzilla was amazing

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Past Lives - romantic, beautiful to look at, sad but not depressing. great date movie

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

godzilla minus one

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Sukuna vs. Mahoraga :stare:

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Emmet Otter’s Jug-Band Christmas

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

it's a wonderful life. treasure of a movie

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Home alone

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
The Curse is going to be a top 3 show of all time

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Home alone 2 lost in new york

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

a christmas story

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Home alone 2 lost in new york

home alone 1+2 solid christmas classics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

2 gets a bad rap but i think its a nice sequel that follows the first film up well