Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

You know what:

The Oilers are back, baby

Brettbot
Sep 18, 2006

After All The Prosaic Waiting... The Sun Finally Crashes Into The Earth.
Only relevant for Bruins fans, but I might as well share this speadsheet I made. Boston prospects 25 and under, and I tried to include even guys who they have the rights to but probably aren't coming back like Pavel Shen.
I used Patrick Bacon's NHLe from 2021, and included a page with McDavid, Bedard, Pastrnak, and McAvoy at the time they were drafted just to give some frame of reference. Like Jesper Boqvist is currently scoring roughly what Pasta was when he was drafted, but Boqvist is 25 and Pasta was just 17.
There's really two numbers to look at: the Total skews low because most players play a bunch of games in super weak leagues with a League Strength of, like, 2.5%, so it's only really useful to compare them all relatively. A player's most recent numbers are more like their current skill level, for example Fabian Lysell has a Total NHLe of less than 10 points per season but he's currently scoring at a 50-something point pace per AHL season, which is 22+ per NHL season.
Updated yesterday, I plan on updating it around the start of each month.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

You know what:

The Oilers are back, baby

Thank god, I didnt want them ruining another first overall pick. Especially since they arent done ruining McDavid's Cupless career.

e: Never mind. 6 game winning streak and still below .500, so they are still in the race to win the draft lottery, as terrifying as that is.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Jhet posted:

Never makes contact but is under his pad making contact. Hmmm... You can't pitchfork the goalie and score, this isn't new.

I guess I should have qualified it by saying "no one that's not a Sabres fan".
Or the 2 bumps from his own team mates knocked him over. Okposo's stick is seen moving around freely under the goalie swiping for the puck, if he was pushing the goalie his stick wouldn't be moving around freely like that.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

stab posted:

Bortuzzo to the Isles for a 7th round pick

Plan the parade Lou Lam

Half our starting D core is on IR lmao. Pelech out long term, Pulock out for a while now too. Aho still on the mend. All that's left is Dobson, Romanov, Mayfield, and a Sam Bolduc who needs way more time to cook in the minors.

Trading a seventh for an old guy isn't the worst move. It's better than trying to plumb the well of mediocre AHL prospects. I shudder at the thought of bringing in two more Bolducs to try and fill the gap.

Between this and the repeated third period collapses, I'm flabbergasted that we're still in wildcard contention. It is wholly undeserved.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Mr. Fish posted:

Half our starting D core is on IR lmao. Pelech out long term, Pulock out for a while now too. Aho still on the mend. All that's left is Dobson, Romanov, Mayfield, and a Sam Bolduc who needs way more time to cook in the minors.

Trading a seventh for an old guy isn't the worst move. It's better than trying to plumb the well of mediocre AHL prospects. I shudder at the thought of bringing in two more Bolducs to try and fill the gap.

Between this and the repeated third period collapses, I'm flabbergasted that we're still in wildcard contention. It is wholly undeserved.

Loser points baybeeee

The Islanders are hilarious this year, they can score, cant defend, have a good PP have an Awful PK.

They are truly the bizarro islanders

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

Thank god, I didnt want them ruining another first overall pick. Especially since they arent done ruining McDavid's Cupless career.

e: Never mind. 6 game winning streak and still below .500, so they are still in the race to win the draft lottery, as terrifying as that is.

Yeah, and beating Minnesota 4-3 with a back to back with travel isn't what I'd call "back" yet. Though they look to be going the right direction. They're in the same boat as Minnesota though. Looking good enough to maybe play with the wild card spots, but need help with the other teams falling off a cliff for a month first.

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023

Eric the Mauve posted:

*Every* team that's not actively tanking is a playoff team if everything breaks right. That's a barely-coded way of saying "this team is not very good"

I mean yeah, that's the entire point he was making. They're a shallow team with a core that is good enough to carry them into the playoffs, but couldn't withstand big injuries like a contender could.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Jhet posted:

Yeah, and beating Minnesota 4-3 with a back to back with travel isn't what I'd call "back" yet. Though they look to be going the right direction. They're in the same boat as Minnesota though. Looking good enough to maybe play with the wild card spots, but need help with the other teams falling off a cliff for a month first.

Lol they're 8-3 since they swapped coaches and are hammering teams every night.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Eric the Mauve posted:

And next year, when they will probably finish bottom 5 in the league and have a good shot at the #1 pick... San Jose will get their pick.

:tif:

But the Sharks only get that pick if the Pens are bottom ten this season, right? You really think that's gonna happen?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/MSGNetworks/status/1733516861956849884

lol MSG trolling the devils.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Habibi posted:

But the Sharks only get that pick if the Pens are bottom ten this season, right? You really think that's gonna happen?

It's about 70% likely, yes.

e: it's easy to think bottom ten is this wasteland of hopelessly terrible teams, but there are only 6 teams between "in the playoffs" and "bottom ten".

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

What do they all have like four playoff series wins between them and 0 cups? Bums, all of em

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

The Oiler/Wild game was way closer than the stats suggest, and it was a b2b for the Wild on the road. Oilers are deeply flawed and massively entertaining.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Habibi posted:

Does this mean Pittsburgh effectively can't trade their 2025 1st rounder until this season is over? How does that work, anyway. Seems like it ties up two picks until the condition is resolved.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Yes, that's correct. They might be able to trade it conditionally but obviously that would make it lose a lot of value, and also the league office would have to approve.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Habibi posted:

I don't think they'll finish bottom 10 this season. I guess it's possible they finish like 12th or something and then win the lottery but the odds aren't so great at that slot. If the Pens won the lottery in that scenario I'd gladly take Celebrini and let SJ enjoy whatever pick they get next year anyways.

Most likely they'll finish in a middling spot and San Jose will get like a similar pick to what the Pens had last year (14th-15th overall or so)

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

The difference between 10th last and 14th last is a couple of garbage time wins (source: Canucks fan),

There aren’t many things that would make you unemployable in the GM circle, trading away a pick that became a #1 would be on the list. So regardless of how small the odds I can see many GM’s going for it.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Lol they're 8-3 since they swapped coaches and are hammering teams every night.

I know, but I can’t just let you have it. That wouldn’t be right.

Oilers do look much better now I will agree. Now we just need the Canucks to revert and all will be better with the West.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Rangers suck, lol

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
how do the Caps keep winning

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Cartoon Man posted:

Rangers suck, lol

same as it ever was

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

T-Bone posted:

For real it boggles the mind how we’re not in the basement. I don’t think it’s sustainable but I’ll enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

T-Bone posted:

This was one of their only wins that they actually deserved. Most of their other wins have been Charlie Lindgren standing on his head.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Im going to Rangers Kings tomorrow night, really not looking forward to it after what I saw tonight, holy crap. Igor looks broken, no one’s helping him, Fox is invisible and I’m really starting to hate Zibanejad.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Do you appreciate that you sound exactly like PAS all those years, man oh man let me tell you all about how much I hate my team that's 7 points clear in first place

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Eric the Mauve posted:

Do you appreciate that you sound exactly like PAS all those years, man oh man let me tell you all about how much I hate my team that's 7 points clear in first place

Yeah, that one lonely cup in 70 years sure gives me confidence :lol:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Lol avs

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Approximately one third through the season and the Philadelphia Flyers are currently in sole possession of second in the Metro, just as we all expected

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
The Metro genuinely baffles me. 1st and 8th make sense to me, but in my brain the current 2nd-4th and 5th-7th should be swapped.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Philadelphia Flyers are ... not dogshit garbage??

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The Philadelphia Flyers are ... not dogshit garbage??

As the leading expert in all things dogshit garbage, it's true, OP

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Must say I was not a fan of the part where Dylan Larkin was knocked the gently caress out by two men and laid unconscious on the ice for a significant period of time before the play was stopped. I was not a fan of it at all.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

T-Bone posted:

I think people forget how good the AHL is, a lot of those top end AHL lifer guys could easily play complimentary offensive minutes in the NHL, they just rarely get an extended chance because of the kinds of players NHL teams generally prefer in the bottom six.

Reminds me of how good Brian Gibbons looked at times for Pittsburgh and New Jersey.

e: Also speaking of the AHL, Brandt Clarke is up to 20 points in 20 games. The Kings lost Durzi and Walker and are still Doughty/Roy/Spence/Clarke on the right lol

replying to this old post since I used to play street hockey with Corey Locke a bunch over summers (he liveed on my best friends street in the richest subdivsion in Newmarket (I was just as good as him ::clint: ) this was Corey Locke to a tee in the AHL and Juniors, he won back to back trophies that Crosby won the year before; gfor MVP of the league something. He was always at or near the ppg or ggp lead in he AHL points a bunch He just some how could not cut it in the NHL, at least no one the sens with the worst ocaching staff forever...(The Walrus was cool, and I liked Guy but lol he sucked at coacihig those losers)

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jamwad Hilder posted:

The Metro genuinely baffles me. 1st and 8th make sense to me, but in my brain the current 2nd-4th and 5th-7th should be swapped.

The Flyers seem to at least have good underlying numbers. The Caps are just smoke and mirrors but if they keep getting goaltending like this who knows.

The Pens are pretty bad. Good 5v5 team but they can't score and their powerplay is verging on historically bad. Perhaps a coaching change fixes those things, or maybe they're just old and bad. Not sure the coaching change is coming anyhow.

If I had to guess I'd say Rangers/Canes/Devils/Flyers end up being the final 4 Metro teams but maybe the Caps can bullshit their way in. If my old rear end team of decrepits can't I hope that they can. Would be cool to see 38 year old Ovechkin grandpa-ing around in the playoffs

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/1733871797026595107

Maybe he'll be good now at shooting (probably not)

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

lol we were talking like 3 years ago about how Puliujarvi is the Platonic ideal of a Mike Sullivan bottom six forward. Drives play, never produces goals.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Now that both of his hips have been resurfaced he'll fit right in with the team speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Yeah that too. I should have used the past tense