Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
stfu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Buschmaki posted:

get dunked right into the garbo

mods ban this fool

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taBhRNTf9ZI

good amv

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rITbGRY4zRs

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

turn a ftw

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Buschmaki posted:

get dunked right into the garbo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

justice has been wrought

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I much prefer the gabriela robin version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU35fJNtxp8

I tried to listen to it just now, I still can't. it's been almost 16 years now, and I still can't. it's one of my favorite songs ever made, and I still can't listen to it. I probably will never be able to again.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Has Yoko Kanno done any singing under the Gabriela Robin name more recently?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Started playing Super Robot Wars T, definitely one of the more low budget SRW games. But it has a bunch of series I actually know like Cowboy Bebop, Nadescio, G Gundam.

Never watched it, but it has me interested in Gun x Sword, the guy from there looks cool.
Lending to the low budget, the intro of him summoning his mech is a badly cropped blurry clip from the regular TV show

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Arc Hammer posted:

Has Yoko Kanno done any singing under the Gabriela Robin name more recently?

no clue. I don't think so. yoko kanno has never said it outright I don't think, but it's one of those obvious unspoken things.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

she did, there was a gabriela robin concert where she turned around and it was just yoko kanno

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
what would you consider, high budget srw

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

GateOfD posted:

Started playing Super Robot Wars T, definitely one of the more low budget SRW games. But it has a bunch of series I actually know like Cowboy Bebop, Nadescio, G Gundam.

Never watched it, but it has me interested in Gun x Sword, the guy from there looks cool.
Lending to the low budget, the intro of him summoning his mech is a badly cropped blurry clip from the regular TV show
gun x sword is an interesting time. fascinating mech designs, excellent homages to other mecha series, and really, really hates Gundam Seed. it's not a perfect series by any stretch, but it's got a ton of fun episodes in it.

obviously, my favorite parts of it involve the El Dorado Five, a team of elderly Mexican Power Rangers, who have retired after one of their members passed away, but have to get back in their pilot seats to save the bar that she had built from an invading mech.

it's the loving best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7RbK7Ekn2U&hd=1

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Gun X Sword rules minus one ep

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

gun x sword is very good

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Sword x Gun’s mech is titled Dann of Thursday
I assume the other 6 mechs are all titled for each day of the week, and I do like those kind of thematic naming schemes

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

GateOfD posted:

Sword x Gun’s mech is titled Dann of Thursday
I assume the other 6 mechs are all titled for each day of the week, and I do like those kind of thematic naming schemes

They are and Dann's theme loving rules

https://youtu.be/5RmO0Khr754?si=RTCdBl7qf6U7WfEW

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/battleupsaber/status/1733494910542811238?t=PUxR_a9DhILQ76BwLaDs6A&s=19

Need more videos of Kaiju actors and puppeteers making sounds while performing.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Saw Godzilla minus one. It was really good. Very predictable save one part, but it didn’t ruin the movie.

I probably should give Shin Godzilla a shot someday.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Doesn’t matter to me if things are predictable, as long as it’s delivered well

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

The Colonel posted:

what would you consider, high budget srw

OG: The Moon Dwellers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRZ_jEgT_6M

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Just got out of Boy and the Heron. Uh, wow. drat. Think I'll say my thoughts for the ghiblimas thread, but I had a very good time. Really didn't know Miyazaki's team had that in em

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Gonna try to see it on the last day of showings in my area Wednesday.

I think the last Miyazaki movie I watched in theatres was Ponyo which was lame

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
got caught up watching jojo fan animations on youtube and it led me to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XvfZG642HY

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Was half paying attention during the trailer for that rowing movie and got way too big a laugh out of the line, "We ride out of need."

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

And then the dramatic orchestral Tom Petty finished the job and killed me

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
man seeing the Huckebein Boxer again reminds me I've got a model kit sitting unbuilt of that thing. but I think it's a bootleg, and the last bootleg model kit made me feel real awful because it wasn't good, so I'm kinda wary of opening it. maybe next time I'm on vacation.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
go away Tifa bring Jesse back

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
mad jealous of Tifa`s hair all being perfect length to where she can have her hair band at the very bottom

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
it is a simple matter of taking meticulous care of each strand for like a decade

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

verbal enema posted:

go away Tifa bring Jesse back

L

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Pootybutt posted:

Was half paying attention during the trailer for that rowing movie and got way too big a laugh out of the line, "We ride out of need."

Did you get the trailer for The Iron Claw which basically hit all the typical Biopic Notes and had the entire movie in 3 minutes

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
imagine not having room in your heart for every woman that exists or will exist. couldnt be me

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
if a womans mid, that means she is especially dear to me

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I wanna see The Iron Claw

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Did you get the trailer for The Iron Claw which basically hit all the typical Biopic Notes and had the entire movie in 3 minutes

don't think so, but The Boys in the Boat one was also that exactly. Also it's called The Boys in the Boat.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Boys are back in The Boat

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I have the feeling I know enough of the Von Erich story that I'd probably end up picking the movie apart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GateOfD posted:

in older SRW games itd be a static lowres jpg