Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Beat alls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

an egg posted:

white guys on guitars are bad, but, white guys on sitars...

the only good white people playing Indian music album, they’re playing with Indians so works out well. guess it’s more fusion+indian…

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lc2zO6Nk8WRUGdDlJ1YtSZtM5aZYV7pF4&si=oqdmpfe523UuJZ7s

or the follow up

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_n_ZaRM6an5ZoCeoAjWak7M2AMNMKRTbt8&si=CsJlaQaSLaTzQ3Ua

sonatinas has issued a correction as of 23:39 on Dec 9, 2023

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Meat balls

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1733160785059201066?s=21&t=-_s7sU8n7p3QeB9E6A2EBA

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

well that was something else.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Grimnarsson posted:

Like how that call of duty game presented the Highway of Death as having been done by the bad guys, so does For All Mankind present an engineering error due to different measurement standard resulting in disaster having been a communist error because of their lovely society. While in real life that's why a NASA shuttle blew up! Spoilers! It's a pretty good show though!

i loled at how apparently in this alternate proscience universe with sincere international cooperation nasas still using imperial units for some stupid loving reason

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Some Guy TT posted:

sincere international cooperation

My read on the show is that this is far from the case, and not just because the North Koreans are clearly being spooky and such. e.g. the most recent episode with Al Gore being a prat and the three way splitscreen between Dev/Nasa/Star City, where they're clearly all in competition with each other.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Some Guy TT posted:

i loled at how apparently in this alternate proscience universe with sincere international cooperation nasas still using imperial units for some stupid loving reason
international cooperation = woke = everyone else has to respect NASAs decision to be themselves

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1jB2CTYm4s

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Because they're adults and don't pick measuring systems based on how easy unit conversion is

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

All the time
I'm grateful all the time
I'm sexy and I'm kind
I'm pretty when I cry

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I watched May December last night and I'm still rattled. It's a horror movie for himbos.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Home alone 3 is insane
1 it exists
2 it opens in hong Kong
3 it opens in hong Kong recreating that slow airplane scene from Ghost in the shell
4 it's about stealing American missiles
5 Kevin isn't in it, or his brother, the future Roman Roy
6 it loving exists at all
7 on TV no less!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Scarlett jo Hansen is the older sister

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

KirbyKhan posted:

I watched May December last night and I'm still rattled. It's a horror movie for himbos.

God yeah. Don't ignore this one, folks. Right from the start (the very first thing Portman does is hand Moore a box of excrement - I mean she didn't actually know what was in the box, but still) it just shreds the nerves. And by the end "That's what grownups do" I was gnawing my knuckles raw. And the punchline of her movie being a lovely low-budget thing and Portman choosing the whitest kid to play opposite her...

(These are actual spoilers, don't click them if you haven't seen it.)

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

KirbyKhan posted:

yeah its pretty good.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

an egg posted:

white guys on guitars are bad, but, white guys on sitars...

Only string instrument white guys should play is the violin saw

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
What's the consensus on Euphoria? I watched the first episode last week, and initially thought it's kinda interesting, but then the therapy session dragged on and on and I lost interest. Didn't even finish it. Does the season get better or is that basically it?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

no Skinamarink, fake list

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

HootTheOwl posted:

Because they're adults and don't pick measuring systems based on how easy unit conversion is

yeah adults making things more difficult for themselves while making precise delicate equipment is a recipe for success

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

busalover posted:

What's the consensus on Euphoria? I watched the first episode last week, and initially thought it's kinda interesting, but then the therapy session dragged on and on and I lost interest. Didn't even finish it. Does the season get better or is that basically it?

it's a standard teen drama for the modern age with prestige cinematography and a gimmick framing. it doesn't get any better iirc

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

busalover posted:

It's pretentious and stupid, but fun stupid and it knows it. The second season has some wild poo poo in it, particularly Sydney Sweeney's insane hyper exaggerated reactions to what's basically the most banal affair plotline.

Also the father/son plot.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It is basically The OC with the exact same privilege and problems, but the teenagers and drugs are newer.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

when i first heard about it my first thought was "oh that's just Undressed"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

holy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEx9oPd0SKc

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

KirbyKhan posted:

It is basically The OC with the exact same privilege and problems, but the teenagers and drugs are newer.

please do not besmirch The OC with this comparison

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
might gently caress around and rewatch s1 of the OC 2nite

"welcome to the OC, bitch"

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It was wildly aspirational if you were 15 and living in the middle of the country.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the OC was just Pacific Palisades take two

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I sang this song unironically on my road trip to Los Angeles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkzUDT9r8g4

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

might gently caress around and rewatch s1 of the OC 2nite

"welcome to the OC, bitch"

Super iconic line, one of the most iconic of the early 2000's

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

KirbyKhan posted:

I sang this song unironically on my road trip to Los Angeles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkzUDT9r8g4

real Jason Schwartzman heads know.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Super iconic line, one of the most iconic of the early 2000's

along with

"y'know what I like about rich kids?"

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

crepeface posted:

along with

"y'know what I like about rich kids?"

Just another example of the bigotry that was common place during that era

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol that show

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

real Jason Schwartzman heads know.

Phantom Planet had some excellent pop songs, but I strongly suspect that they were one of those LA nepo baby attempts and adam schlesinger ghost wrote most of their poo poo

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

lol turns out that squid game competition was a total scam and they never paid the winner

https://www.avclub.com/squid-game-the-challenge-netflix-winner-no-money-1851085062

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bro Dad posted:

lol turns out that squid game competition was a total scam and they never paid the winner

https://www.avclub.com/squid-game-the-challenge-netflix-winner-no-money-1851085062

is this true or is it like every other game show on the planet where the winner is paid out a month or two after it airs

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

i say swears online posted:

the OC was just Pacific Palisades take two

Why would anyone watch a show about defensive walls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

i say swears online posted:

is this true or is it like every other game show on the planet where the winner is paid out a month or two after it airs

latter