Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

All claymore characters without exception also have godawful hitlag on their normal attacks which feels incredibly jarring in gameplay. In all honesty the only reason I'm still gonna pull Navia is that it looks like she more or less never uses her normal attacks.

Maybe this is less of an issue on phones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

sushibandit posted:

All claymore characters without exception also have godawful hitlag on their normal attacks which feels incredibly jarring in gameplay. In all honesty the only reason I'm still gonna pull Navia is that it looks like she more or less never uses her normal attacks.

Navia also has a weapon kick animation which, apparently like Zhongli's, is dash/swap cancelable and will still do damage. So that's neat and may minimize her hitlag concerns a bit. Unfortunately her NAs also have some trouble connecting, or did before the last patch that slightly increased their vertical hitbox, so I don't know if that will make using her infused normals feel bad or not. She seems to have height restriction problems in general, her shotgun doesn't hit very well if something is on a different z-axis from her. Hopefully not a major issue but it's something that will not be reflected in the Test Run so bear it in mind.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1734030245294940183

Exciting bullshit for ps4 players (and apparently not ps5 ones? At least that's what it seemed reading the comments (lol) on their post).

Supposedly this'll decrease the download size for major version updates (and probably do gently caress-all beyond making that download 60gb instead of 70). They say it's ~16gb and it's required for 4.3, so you don't have a choice in the matter.

Of course, it's also supposedly out but I can't find it on psn's website, so I guess I'll have to look for it later instead of just setting it to download remotely.

Anyway, probably better to let that eat up your bandwidth and hard drive space now, rather than whenever the hell 4.3's out.

Sure would've been nice if there were any actual details about what the hell it is in their stupid hoyoverse post

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

sushibandit posted:

I play on an ipad, and I don't think I've ever had a problem specifically with claymores' NA's lagging (saying this as someone who almost always uses Beidou in my overworld team). But the controls, in general, on a tablet are already so goddamn annoying, maybe it's just hard to notice this one issue rising above the others.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Not lag as in latency, hitlag as in micro-stutter on contact with things like enemies and destructible objects (magic ore, crystals) that don't pop in a single swing.It's also present but much less noticeable with 1h swords.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
It's a deliberate mechanic intended to give weight to hits by slightly slowing down the contact animation, which unfortunately means less DPS in real time than swinging at the air to check animations would imply. This is also why Attack Speed buffs are not as good as they appear, as hitlag eats some of the ASPD bonus. The only saving grace is that the game takes hitlag into account for things like buff durations. That's why Raiden's Burst often lasts several seconds longer than the Talent page says it should if you actually time it: She's experiencing hitlag hitting enemies, and her Burst is getting extended proportionate to the time lost to the hitlag. However stuff like Abyss timers keep going, so too much hitlag can make DPS worse than it might look on a spreadsheet.

(Most) Catalyst and Bow users don't experience hitlag, except when a Bow character is aimed shotting a weak point, or when Tartaglia/Heizou/Wriothesley are in melee; despite having "melee-range" attacks, Baizhu doesn't trigger hitlag. Sometimes Charge Attacks don't have hitlag, notably thrusting Polearm CAs like Hu Tao's. Also it varies from character to character, so Itto has special CAs that have less hitlag than most Claymore users; and, amusingly, Lumine has slightly less hitlag than Aether on the third and later hits of the Traveler's NA string.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I've always wondered: does Hu Tao's charged attack have some client-side coding that decides when Hu Tao gets locked into phasing through an enemy's collision hull during her charged attack animation? Medium sized enemies like mitachurls, kagurai, or elite eremites or are the worst for dash-cancels because Hu Tao often gets locked into an animation that goes through the enemy preventing me from dash-cancelling midway. Smaller enemies like treasure hoarders, specters, and hilichurls are less problematic because the frames where (I imagine) I'm locked out of dash-cancelling seem shorter. Big enemies are no problem at all because the game obviously pushes the player collision hull out on the nearest side of the big enemy so you wont get locked into an attack animation that's somehow phasing to the other side of a boss sized enemy.

Hu Tao's dash-cancel is slower, has no i-frames, and did I mention that it's slower? I didn't get c1 Hu Tao for nothing. :colbert:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Zenostein posted:

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1734030245294940183

Exciting bullshit for ps4 players (and apparently not ps5 ones? At least that's what it seemed reading the comments (lol) on their post).

Supposedly this'll decrease the download size for major version updates (and probably do gently caress-all beyond making that download 60gb instead of 70). They say it's ~16gb and it's required for 4.3, so you don't have a choice in the matter.

Of course, it's also supposedly out but I can't find it on psn's website, so I guess I'll have to look for it later instead of just setting it to download remotely.

Anyway, probably better to let that eat up your bandwidth and hard drive space now, rather than whenever the hell 4.3's out.

Sure would've been nice if there were any actual details about what the hell it is in their stupid hoyoverse post

I found it through the PS Store this morning on my PS4 as a fyi

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Sanctum posted:

I've always wondered: does Hu Tao's charged attack have some client-side coding that decides when Hu Tao gets locked into phasing through an enemy's collision hull during her charged attack animation? Medium sized enemies like mitachurls, kagurai, or elite eremites or are the worst for dash-cancels because Hu Tao often gets locked into an animation that goes through the enemy preventing me from dash-cancelling midway.

I don't know what it is, but yeah this. I always wondered why I could just dash cancel until my hands fell off but as soon as you hit something mid-sized (like a lot of domains) it all falls apart.

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
From the KQM guide:

quote:

If performed quickly, N1CD combos can run into the issue of dash cooldown, which prevents a character from dashing more than 2 times in quick succession. If this becomes an issue, players should use N1CJ after every 2 N1CD to avoid being locked out by dash cooldown.

If it's only happening on bigger enemies that's kinda weird (that's not mentioned). Nevermind, later in the guide it mentions that large enemies do generate hitlag:

quote:

As with many other effects in Genshin, Hu Tao’s Paramita Papilio state is subject to hitlag extension. Hitlag extension is the phenomenon whereby the duration of some effects (such as buffs and auras) can be extended by hitting enemies with attacks that have a certain type of hitlag. Basically, Paramita Papilio lasts longer if Hu Tao hits a Ruin Guard than if she attacks a Hilichurl or thin air.

So the hitlag is actually throwing off your cancel timing. I think you have to dash slightly later when hitting a large enemy.

Yuwe fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Dec 12, 2023

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Shinji2015 posted:

I found it through the PS Store this morning on my PS4 as a fyi

Yeah, I found it on an actual ps4, it just doesn't show up on the web version (still). Just a minor inconvenience that you can't set it to download stuff while you're away.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I'm glad they eventually shifted the resource material gathering for character level-ups from "You literally cannot use the character you're trying to build" because I'm building characters on my old account and man it's such a pain sometimes. Compared to Neuvillette who can be maxed out in like a week and both his boss and artifact domains are built for him to tear down and his level up materials are like a 10 minute walk along the beach (Furina's is pretty easy too)

By the time I'm finished that account's going to have three different Abyss teams ready to go.

Hu Tao / Xingqiu / Sucrose / Zhongli
Ganyu / Mona / Diona / Venti
Alhaitham / Kuki / Furina / Dendro MC

and then I've got Childe & Xiao if I ever get bored. Really should've listened to advice and just kept playing that account instead of starting fresh because it's loaded.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Fairly significant spoiler on the Narzissenkreuz quest.

The Sword of Narzissenkreuz is basically an upgraded The Flute. Once every 12s a normal/charged/plunging attacks triggers pneuma/ouisa physical damage that scales with your characters ATK and physical dmg modifier. This is useful on... no one in particular. Normal attack sword users can benefit but you probably have better options for Ayaka, Al-Haitham, Kazuha, Keqing, etc.

I assume this weapon means going forward the traveler wont be using a dull blade in cutscenes anymore. Annoying that it's not useful on hydro traveler because they have a pneuma alignment already.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

okay, now we're cooking, more Cloud Retainer kit info + the costumes for 4.4

Cloud Retainer:
Jean-like Elemental Burstl that heals + anyone inside gets a boost to jumping so everyone can plunge. It also has a taunt
Skill is a triple jump with massive height
Ascension Talent 1: Increases plunge damage for all party members (Which might be where everyone got "This is only for Xiao")
Ascension Talent 2: Anemo suction on her skill
C6: She can use her jump while Burst is active infinitely meaning she can just fly off to the fuckin moon

The Lantern Rites Skin(s):
Free Xinqiu skin, Ganyu and Shenhe are premium. I'm assuming this means everyone will get a free XQ or Constalation

Map Expansion:
The area between Liyue & Stormterror's up to Fontaine; two more Statues of the 7

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Dec 12, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Sanctum posted:

The Sword of Narzissenkreuz is basically an upgraded The Flute. Once every 12s a normal/charged/plunging attacks triggers pneuma/ouisa physical damage that scales with your characters ATK and physical dmg modifier. This is useful on... no one in particular. Normal attack sword users can benefit but you probably have better options for Ayaka, Al-Haitham, Kazuha, Keqing, etc.

I assume this weapon means going forward the traveler wont be using a dull blade in cutscenes anymore. Annoying that it's not useful on hydro traveler because they have a pneuma alignment already.

That's an optional questline so I doubt we'll be seeing it in archon quests.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Tampa Bae posted:

Cloud Retainer:
Jean-like Elemental Skill that heals + anyone inside gets a boost to jumping so everyone can plunge. It also has a taunt
Burst is a triple jump with massive height
Ascension Talent 1: Increases plunge damage for all party members (Which might be where everyone got "This is only for Xiao")
C6: She can use her jump while Burst is active infinitely meaning she can just fly off to the fuckin moon

Subject to numbers tuning, that's basically exactly what I had in mind when I said a support who hands off a jump-height buff wouldn't be so bad. I should have been more detailed. I'd have looked like a genius.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

nothing in there says cloud retainer can fly around the map at will forever so i am still very mad that my headcanon wasn't respected

Kale
May 14, 2010

Cloud Retainer drip marketing emminent?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Tampa Bae posted:

Cloud Retainer:
Jean-like Elemental Skill that heals + anyone inside gets a boost to jumping so everyone can plunge. It also has a taunt
Burst is a triple jump with massive height

the leak i saw had the skill and the burst reversed, which is a pretty significant difference; do you know something google doesn't or was this just a typo

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
If I can spam plunge attacks as Chongyun, I might get re-addicted to this game

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

the leak i saw had the skill and the burst reversed, which is a pretty significant difference; do you know something google doesn't or was this just a typo
It's all like second or third hand info going through automatic translation so it might be swapped, they'd make more sense swapped

UHD posted:

nothing in there says cloud retainer can fly around the map at will forever so i am still very mad that my headcanon wasn't respected
She gets close enough :shrug: Doesn't mention how long the skill lasts but if the Q and E are accidentally swapped in the image I saw, then her her C6 should function like Xiao's but vertically

gandlethorpe posted:

If I can spam plunge attacks as Chongyun, I might get re-addicted to this game
She's bringing Razor and Diluc back into the meta baybee

edit: Actually I was the one who reversed her Burst/Skill because I forgot Burst was on Q and skill was on E

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Dec 12, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I always liked spamming plunge with noelle the most when events give you a jump. Diluc Furina is very interesting too tho.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Tampa Bae posted:

okay, now we're cooking, more Cloud Retainer kit info + the costumes for 4.4

Cloud Retainer:
Jean-like Elemental Burstl that heals + anyone inside gets a boost to jumping so everyone can plunge. It also has a taunt
Skill is a triple jump with massive height

she better transform back into a bird when using her skill

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

InspectorCarbonara posted:

she better transform back into a bird when using her skill

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Whale Bait has become Bird Lovers Bait

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Cloud Retainer drip should hit this weekend, right before/when 4.3 preload comes up, no? it's the HSR drip that's super early (which is why we got Black Swan)

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
So uh when does Childe get a plunge attack...?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

haypliss posted:

So uh when does Childe get a plunge attack...?
What do you mean? He's always had one.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Sanctum posted:

Well, at the outside it will let you interact with the arkhe combat mechanics if you happen to be friendship farming the Fonch content with no Fonch in your team.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Nakar posted:

What do you mean? He's always had one.

That bow plunge is not real. After three years, a sword-using polearm, and a plunge support surely someone has an idea for how two daggers could do it.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I just got a daily that can't be completed because the quest location is being used.

When the incompetence shows, it really shows with this game. Yikes.

Any idea what the 4s are on the next banner yet?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

BabyRyoga posted:

I just got a daily that can't be completed because the quest location is being used.

Only Chevreuse has been confirmed and she is on the second half with Raiden/Yoimiya. It is a near-certainty that Sara will run with Raiden, so that leaves one additional slot. The first half banner could be anything; Ayaka often runs with another Cryo, but that's no guarantee. Ningguang hasn't shown up in a while and Navia is The Other ATK Geo with an ATK Geo set dropping, so she's a strong possibility. I think Kaveh and Xinyan also haven't been seen in a while, but the mere fact a 4* hasn't appeared recently doesn't necessarily mean they will.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

BabyRyoga posted:

are you sure it isn't just the lens from the camera event last month bc that's the only quest that I've had "block" an area and it's just a 2 minute dialog to get a camera lens while a woman plans to pick a fight with robocop and go to jail to avoid debt

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Tampa Bae posted:

are you sure it isn't just the lens from the camera event last month bc that's the only quest that I've had "block" an area and it's just a 2 minute dialog to get a camera lens while a woman plans to pick a fight with robocop and go to jail to avoid debt

Theres a fontaine quest which renders part of the city unavailable for the commission where you help a melusine cop find her lost paperwork, I had that a while back.

ETA: Shes a scribe, not a cop, more specific details;

SiKboy posted:

Just had a fontaine daily commission I couldnt do because "the location is being used in another quest", which was annoying. The commission was to retrace a scribes path to find where she'd dropped some notes, and the quest was one of the stages of the Lyney world quest (I think the second stage where you have to go to the hotel, talk to a dude then go to the boarded up magicians storehouse in the sewers. It didnt let me finish the commission until the end of that quest where you return to the graveyard for a memorial. And honestly I'm not entirely clear on what location it was, I initially assumed the hotel, but the retracing the path step didnt take me anywhere near the hotel or as far as I could tell any location I went to in the lyney quest. Not the end of the world, I buzzed through the world quest and finished the commission, but still annoying, I'd been planning on doing that quest chain at the weekend when I've got some time.

Someone theorised that because that quest adds locations to parts of the city it puts parts of the city into a different "state", which isnt compatible with the commission.

SiKboy fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 13, 2023

Kale
May 14, 2010

I swear this whole patch cycle has felt longer than usual. Maybe it's just the drudge of December, but I swear it feels like it should have ended a week give or so ago already. Like the whole Act V of the Fontaine Archon quest somehow just does not feel like it was during the same patch cycle as the one we're still in for me, but then I think and realize it was.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

How much longer is Sumeru than Inazuma, because I've finally just cleared nearly everything there is to do before that and I'm expecting to be in Sumeru until May at the pace I'm going. I made it to the desert pyramid the first account but that was ignoring everything except archon quests

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
5x longer minimum

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Tampa Bae posted:

How much longer is Sumeru than Inazuma, because I've finally just cleared nearly everything there is to do before that and I'm expecting to be in Sumeru until May at the pace I'm going. I made it to the desert pyramid the first account but that was ignoring everything except archon quests
Sumeru's archon quests are about the same length but they really leaned into the idea of the very long sidequest chain: there are several huge ones that are intentionally off the critical path. I'm fairly sure the Aranara quest chain alone is longer than the whole archon chapter, and that was just 3.0.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Oh, warn me ahead of time which ones are time-gated behind daily resets so I can start those early. In Inazuma I had finished most of the Archon quest first, cleared out all of the oculus, and then one of the last things I did was side-quests and I discovered the one that took like 5 days in real time to complete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Tampa Bae posted:

Oh, warn me ahead of time which ones are time-gated behind daily resets so I can start those early. In Inazuma I had finished most of the Archon quest first, cleared out all of the oculus, and then one of the last things I did was side-quests and I discovered the one that took like 5 days in real time to complete
I think after Inazuma they gave up on real worlds time gating. Instead you just have in game time gating of just a day or two that you can fast forward through