Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I think Zoro just greatly respects Luffy and thinks that following and assisting him with his journey is the best way to reach the top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

No Wave posted:

What I'm getting at is Zoro has already indicated he cares more about his duties as a first mate than he does the strongest swordsman bit.

Zoro doesn’t treat those as two different things, in his own words he can’t properly be the first mate for the king of pirates if he isn’t the strongest swordsman in the world

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Even though traditionally swordsmanship is not necessarily a required skill for first matesmanship

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
The One Piece is actually a recording of the song 'Dreams' by The Cranberries

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Why would you want a boring story where Mihawk and Zoro don't have a sick-rear end sword fight???

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Begemot posted:

Why would you want a boring story where Mihawk and Zoro don't have a sick-rear end sword fight in bed???

I fixed it.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

PuttyKnife posted:

I fixed it.

:hmmyes:

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

PuttyKnife posted:

I fixed it.

I don't know, are we ready for another flashback?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

No Wave posted:

Sanji's dream is allegedly all blue but there's been so much more narrative weight on his dream of being a peeper. Like I'm supposed to believe that deep down he cares about fish more than women?

A lot of straw hat dreams are going to get completed just by sailing with Luffy and they dont really have to take active steps towards it like Zoro does

Sanji - All Blue will be created somehow when the one piece is found (reverse mountain crumbling or the red line sinking)
Usopp - Achieved his dream when he defeated Chew but who knows when he will realize it
Nami - When the strawhats inevitably go into space, she can draw her world map easily. Or, the entire world map is solved at this point so drawing in Laugh Tale is all she has to do
Franky/Brook - After the all blue is created the circumnavigation and reunionw ith Laboon happen almost instantly
Robin - Rio Poneglyph will be on Laugh Tale, and shes gonna get all the rest of the history too there
Jinbei - What even is his dream?

Zoro and Chopper are the only ones who really have to strive on thier own, and we have seen Chopper doing more doctoring lately, even if Marco upstages him sometimes. Everyone else is just sorta free to coast like Sanji, reaching the end of the grand line is going to fulfill them. Although I guess Sanji doesnt know that (Nami, either).

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

Jinbei - What even is his dream?
Fishman rights.

Destroying the World Government will probably end up helping with that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jinbe's dream is a world where humans and fishmen can co-exist peacefully and equally.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Yea, Jinbeis dream will require some work outside of travelling to Laughtale too, but Eibas got the right idea on that one.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

why is frankie's dream meeting laboon

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

He thinks seeing a whale would be cool.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

this is why:

Bonus panel of Franky casually dropping a :yohoho:

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I miss the old Franky design.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Me too. He looked like a real scumbag

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Meme Emulator posted:

Yea, Jinbeis dream will require some work outside of travelling to Laughtale too, but Eibas got the right idea on that one.

Luffy: Fishmen and humans get along or I'll kick all your asses.
Jinbe: Luffy it's not that sim.... well I'll be.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/pewpiece/status/1734796480727159186?t=OvJbCkLsCgZB9MXQdWJnPA&s=19

Saw these floating around

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
edit nvm

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I miss the old Franky design.

Honestly I miss a lot of the old designs.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I came around on nu-Franky pretty quickly, I particularly appreciate his range of hairstyles.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

I miss when Chopper was allowed to be cool

Only registered members can see post attachments!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Dawgstar posted:

Honestly I miss a lot of the old designs.
I think Zoro was so much better in his pre-TS casual clothes. Other than that and Robin's bangs I dont really remember the things I like better.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Dec 13, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm just sick of the Fishman Island designs being what they use for like everything outside of the series and movies

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Chapter?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

No Wave posted:

Other than that and Robin's bangs I dont really remember the things I like better.

The cool thing about One Piece is that they don't just use the cartoon logic of always wearing the exact same outfit. They each have a signature style (Sanji wears suits, Franky wears an aloha shirt and speedo) but even when they are wearing their "signature" outfit and not an arc specific outfit there are still often color/pattern changes.

So really, the key things that seemed to change post-timeskip:
- Luffy has a chest scar which he likes to show off in some outfits
- Zoro probably stabbed himself in the eye with a fork; doesn't exactly "dress up" more but seems to favor heavier, cloak-like outfits more
- Nami is bustier :rolleyes:
- Ussop is more muscular and has a soul patch and longer hair
- Sanji parts his hair on the other side and has a kind of disconnected goatee(?)
- Chopper has a way more complex hat and wears shirts more often
- Robin lost the bangs and some melanin, also somehow bustier (maybe the Revolutionary Army has a really good health plan that covers cosmetic surgery?)
- Franky went full insano mode
- Brook is still a skeleton

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

GodFish posted:

Chapter?

break week :(

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Chopper changed his skull anatomy completely and became a marketable plushie

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Arist posted:

break week :(

:negative:

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
Nami got longer worse hair and Brook got a dumb new hat and lost his cool rear end cane

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I forget, was there more explanation about how brook is a more than competant swordsman? Or is he just built that way?

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
he was a royal captain of the guard at some unrevealed surely important island, lets say france

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

Chopper changed his skull anatomy completely and became a marketable plushie

This happened well before the timeskip and people don't remember, just like Robin was never actually tan in the manga.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Violen posted:

he was a royal captain of the guard at some unrevealed surely important island, lets say france
So you're telling me brook is from god valley????

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Brook is the only member of the Straw Hats where there's a big gap in his backstory that could be hiding something big imo. He's like Sanji prior to Whole Cake

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm just sick of the Fishman Island designs being what they use for like everything outside of the series and movies

Yeah I’m definitely not down for this, it feels weird too since Nami especially is constantly changing outfits.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Like, come on, you can't design a new outfit for the RPG

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

Like, come on, you can't design a new outfit for the RPG

Missed opportunity to give Luffy the Dragon Quest fit and still have him punch enemies with his sword like that bit in Wano.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

This happened well before the timeskip and people don't remember, just like Robin was never actually tan in the manga.

Robin was like Season 1 Smithers