Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Pierson posted:

The sword still works yeah but Sukuna still has Unlimited Cleave Works so this is very bad.

Useless Miwa can't swing a katana. But the executioner's sword is not a katana, I see a massive upset coming up in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

It continues to be a bad idea to show techniques to Sukuna and I just don't know if I can grapple with that.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Confiscating the CT of the weapon is a strange quirk. Cursed tools are fragmented souls of dead sorcerers, so Judgeman considers them a part of the defendant’s persons themselves? Is using a cursed tool’s ability similar to soul resonance? Otherwise, this seems completely random

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think the thing that bugs me the most is Sukina didn't even have to be clever or anything, there wasn't him figuring out a way to bend the rules in his favor or argue in his defense because he is above humanity or anything. You just get 'lol, nah," and then it turns out the rules entirely invalidate any serious risk to him for what is otherwise implied to be a pretty sure-hit attack. Like it means Judgeman could unintentionally lose against pre-powerup Maki because oh no she loses a single cursed weapon and then proceeds to kick him in the nuts 24 times in a row.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Just continuing the missteps of the second half of the manga plotting wise Gege wants to add a complication to the fight, but the complication he decided to go with is deflating the literal chapters of build up to this moment. Maybe it gets turned around in the next chapter but this is a dud.

Atleast Hakari is confirmed a maniac who fights like ancient sorcerers, I like that characterization. Despite having a very modern technique he is closer to the "ideal" of jujutsu historically.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think this makes a lot of sense.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

suchs highs and lows this series brings

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

i think i'd rather have had the "NO DEATH PENALTIES ON CHRISTMAS HAHAHA" conclusion than this. Urgh.

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

It does make sense, especially since Gege spent the entire previous chapter setting up the whole "it's highly likely Judgeman won't work the way you want it to" stuff. But it still feels pretty unsatisfying, and that's coming from someone who has actually really liked a lot of things Gege has done during the culling games arc.

Sukuna giving negative fucks about the whole deal makes up for it though. Dude is just being a huge CT nerd, he WANTED to be sentenced from the start. No I don't give a poo poo about all this legal crap UGH just show me the sword already. Amazing :allears:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

cgfreak posted:

Sukuna giving negative fucks about the whole deal makes up for it though. Dude is just being a huge CT nerd, he WANTED to be sentenced from the start. No I don't give a poo poo about all this legal crap UGH just show me the sword already. Amazing :allears:

This would hit better if Sukuna had to contend with fighting against the sword without his main CT. That would be a lot more interesting. He's a CT nerd, he's really interested in the sword and how it works, but he has to use his thousands of years of experience instead of just relying on his CT. You can show off his experience with some novel reversal from there or something. As it stands, "show me the sword, also your domain didn't really work" is blah. Didn't sukuna have 2 cursed tools out?? Or was that just a weird translation from Viz? Did it confiscate both? if it only took 1 thats even stupider

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

We're talking about a dude who's literally been recognized as a prodigy by Kenjaku, who had a month of time to prepare for this fight, and never tested how his cursed technique would work with a cursed tool involved? It just feels exceedingly sloppy.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It's crazy how you can go from Takaba vs Kenjaku to this

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

sneaking a cursed tool in my rear end in a top hat to the sorcerer court to own the dumbass bailiff

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Blah, another rear end pull

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Judgeman you suck

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
In retrospect, Mahoraga adapting to the Japanese legal system was a way better resolution than this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

In retrospect, Mahoraga adapting to the Japanese legal system was a way better resolution than this.

Honestly I'm hard pressed to think of a worse one.

Sukuna actually has a fantastic knowledge of the Japanese legal system and can argue his way through loopholes
Sukuna demands a lawyer to represent him and Kenjaku's disembodied brain is teleported to the room and given a little suit.
Sukuna pleads not guilty for reasons of insanity, using the argument "All the best Jujutsu Sorcerers are crazy and I'm the best one of all, thus I must be the most crazy."

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Dec 13, 2023

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Sukuna reveals he got a writ from a Heian Emperor that makes him an extralegal entity, Sukuna did a simple domain and just punches judgeman to death, Sukuna skips town on bail, sukuna

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Kenjaku knew about Higuruma and judging by the way he mentioned him it sounded like it was in more depth than just by kill count. Sukuna may have known about his ability beforehand (there was months of preparation by both sides going into today) as well which means maybe he didnt just get lucky. Obviously still a disappointing outcome tho.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

that was definitely a chapter of jjk.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Feeling like it's probably not gonna get better in this finale than kenjaku's buddy comedy routine because nothing interesting is allowed to happen when sukuna is present, but that's such a high high I'm okay with that

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Not very cool to see we're going for a the final villain just "nuh-uh" everything the heroes do battle. It already was bad when Madara, Aizen and All-for-One did it.

Scallop Eyes fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 14, 2023

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Has there been a good case of the villain going "nuh-uh" and the protag going "yeah-huh"?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Scholtz posted:

Has there been a good case of the villain going "nuh-uh" and the protag going "yeah-huh"?

Merum in HxH I would say. Dude fully regenned off a nuclear bomb only for it to be revealed he still lost anyway. Not really the protag though.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

Scholtz posted:

Most final fights in JoJo, now that I think about it. Jotaro vs Dio, Tusk Act. 4 vs D4D being the best ones. GER vs King Crimson is an ok ending to al all over the place fight, but the ending in part 8 was kinda meh to me.

I guess the trick is then to have less people fight the villain, or spend the initial fights just figuring out what the villain power is, and then not adding anymore to it

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Scallop Eyes posted:

Not very cool to see we're going for a the final villain just "nuh-uh" everything the heroes do battle. It already was bad when Madara, Aizen and All-for-One did it.

At least All for One had his regeneration cost something, so the heroes were slowly chipping away before the finale. This isn't even hitting that bar. Also, Yuji wouldn't explode a baby.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
put a baby mahito in front of yuji

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Black flash that baby

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Scholtz posted:

happens to luffy in every fight

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

It's me, I'm the freak who's here for absolutely all of this because I love watching a villain completely live up to the billing of their epithet.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Sure wish the good translation were out so I could join in on this heated discussion.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
The sorcerers who just entered with Higaruma weren’t instantly merked with the slashes like they should have been, this can still cook.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Conspiratiorist posted:

Sure wish the good translation were out so I could join in on this heated discussion.

the translation is fine its just the scans are poo poo fwiw

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

chiasaur11 posted:

At least All for One had his regeneration cost something, so the heroes were slowly chipping away before the finale. This isn't even hitting that bar. Also, Yuji wouldn't explode a baby.

Well once Sukuna took on his original form he can't regenerate that way again.

Legend of Ruina
Sep 29, 2021
For me the biggest thing is “okay, why not let it work and then have Sakuna use the cursed tool to beat them all extraordinarily bloody”

Like you could easily just do the reverse, and it would work way better and not involve just randomly implementing a new rule in order to no sell it.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

i'm probably missing/forgetting something, but why is mahoraga done done this time? sukuna defeated him at shibuya yet he was able to be summoned again. why would gojo defeating him be any different?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Doctor Teeth posted:

i'm probably missing/forgetting something, but why is mahoraga done done this time? sukuna defeated him at shibuya yet he was able to be summoned again. why would gojo defeating him be any different?

That Mahoraga was just the trial to obtain the right to summon him, Sukuna’s was the real deal(he presumably did the trial again offscreen before fighting Yorozu).

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Conspiratiorist posted:

I wish people would at least spoil tag posts where they talk about the conclusion of this chapter instead of just rushing to talk about how the fight's over or whatever happened.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

chiasaur11 posted:

Those who refuse to explode babies are limiting their mindset as a sorcerer and thus their power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I'm waiting to see if jjk is an experiment where Gege is going to leave us all breathlessly waiting for Sukuna's final comeuppance but the bad guys win and we never get the satisfaction, or something brutal happens to Sukuna. Something like what another poster mentioned about Miwa coming into play or even the legendary Nobara cope paying off would be suitable. I'm just wondering if Gege can even think of a good way to execute on whatever he has planned for this ending because I want to think it'll be more entertaining than the takes we got on endgame shonen antagonist from Naruto, MHA, etc...