Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

mdemone posted:

Here is the text of what is going before DC Circuit Appeals for the J6 rioters appealing their convictions:

Also, under Nichols' interpretation that both clauses are basically a run-on sentence the plurals in clause (2) don't make any sense since they'd be on the same structural level as the plural-less "impair":

quote:

(c) Whoever corruptly— (1) alters, destroys, mutilates, or conceals a record, document, or other object, or attempts to do so, with the intent to impair the object’s integrity or availability for use in an official proceeding; or (2) otherwise obstructs, influences, or impedes any official proceeding, or attempts to do so

The plurals put them on the same level as "alters, destroys, mutilates, or conceals a record, document, or other object" and thus not related to documents. This is particularly infuriating because, like... isn't the whole reason for splitting these things into clauses to unambiguously show what each statement relies on?

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
i think the judge is confusing Otherwise with Likewise

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

i think the judge is confusing Otherwise with Likewise

Intentionally so. And many hundreds of convictions now hang in that balance, for John Roberts to decide.

Pappyland
Jun 17, 2004

There's no limit to your imagination!
College Slice
What odds are we giving SCOTUS to finding that presidents aren’t immune to criminal liability?

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Following my typical mantra of "never trust SCOTUS to not come out with a ruling so brazen and lovely that it will shock you" I'm expecting "Presidents are immune to criminal prosecution, but only in this specific case because [insert tortured rationale] and this ruling can't be applied to any other case ever"

Anything other than that and I'll be pleasantly surprised.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Following my typical mantra of "never trust SCOTUS to not come out with a ruling so brazen and lovely that it will shock you" I'm expecting "Presidents are immune to criminal prosecution, but only in this specific case because [insert tortured rationale] and this ruling can't be applied to any other case ever"

lol it's totally gonna be this isn't it.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Pappyland posted:

What odds are we giving SCOTUS to finding that presidents aren’t immune to criminal liability?

I have an enormous number of thoughts about that, but they all boil down to John Roberts not being signed up for the title of "last Supreme Court chief Justice"

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

"Bush won this election because *violently loud farting noises* but this cannot be used for precedent in any other situations because *AOOOOOGA siren sounds*."

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

mdemone posted:

Intentionally so. And many hundreds of convictions now hang in that balance, for John Roberts to decide.

I'm about as jaded and cynical as it gets towards the underbelly of US politics, but it will deeply affect me if the J6 rioters were ever mass-pardonded by the SC. That's pretty much the end of us ever again being allowed a peaceful inauguration of a Dem president. I'm sure all of the Dominic Pezzola's already feel tons of remorse and weren't just crying crocodile tears at sentencing that couldn't even last to the parking lot.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Zachack posted:

What is the specificity that comes after? I don't know the history of the law but I could see it as a law originally enacted in the narrow sense, and later amended to be expanded so as to capture activities not accounted for, and in doing so just saying "eh gently caress it just hoover up everything" rather than having to constantly add items.
The section in question bolded.

quote:

18 U.S. Code § 1512 - Tampering with a witness, victim, or an informant
(a)
(1)Whoever kills or attempts to kill another person, with intent to—
(A)prevent the attendance or testimony of any person in an official proceeding;
(B)prevent the production of a record, document, or other object, in an official proceeding; or
(C)prevent the communication by any person to a law enforcement officer or judge of the United States of information relating to the commission or possible commission of a Federal offense or a violation of conditions of probation, parole, or release pending judicial proceedings;
shall be punished as provided in paragraph (3).
(2)Whoever uses physical force or the threat of physical force against any person, or attempts to do so, with intent to—
(A)influence, delay, or prevent the testimony of any person in an official proceeding;
(B)cause or induce any person to—
(i)withhold testimony, or withhold a record, document, or other object, from an official proceeding;
(ii)alter, destroy, mutilate, or conceal an object with intent to impair the integrity or availability of the object for use in an official proceeding;
(iii)evade legal process summoning that person to appear as a witness, or to produce a record, document, or other object, in an official proceeding; or
(iv)be absent from an official proceeding to which that person has been summoned by legal process; or
(C)hinder, delay, or prevent the communication to a law enforcement officer or judge of the United States of information relating to the commission or possible commission of a Federal offense or a violation of conditions of probation, supervised release, parole, or release pending judicial proceedings;
shall be punished as provided in paragraph (3).
(3)The punishment for an offense under this subsection is—
(A)in the case of a killing, the punishment provided in sections 1111 and 1112;
(B)in the case of—
(i)an attempt to murder; or
(ii)the use or attempted use of physical force against any person;
imprisonment for not more than 30 years; and
(C)in the case of the threat of use of physical force against any person, imprisonment for not more than 20 years.
(b)Whoever knowingly uses intimidation, threatens, or corruptly persuades another person, or attempts to do so, or engages in misleading conduct toward another person, with intent to—
(1)influence, delay, or prevent the testimony of any person in an official proceeding;
(2)cause or induce any person to—
(A)withhold testimony, or withhold a record, document, or other object, from an official proceeding;
(B)alter, destroy, mutilate, or conceal an object with intent to impair the object’s integrity or availability for use in an official proceeding;
(C)evade legal process summoning that person to appear as a witness, or to produce a record, document, or other object, in an official proceeding; or
(D)be absent from an official proceeding to which such person has been summoned by legal process; or
(3)hinder, delay, or prevent the communication to a law enforcement officer or judge of the United States of information relating to the commission or possible commission of a Federal offense or a violation of conditions of probation [1] supervised release,,[1] parole, or release pending judicial proceedings;
shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.
(c)Whoever corruptly—
(1)alters, destroys, mutilates, or conceals a record, document, or other object, or attempts to do so, with the intent to impair the object’s integrity or availability for use in an official proceeding; or
(2)otherwise obstructs, influences, or impedes any official proceeding, or attempts to do so,
shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.

(d)Whoever intentionally harasses another person and thereby hinders, delays, prevents, or dissuades any person from—
(1)attending or testifying in an official proceeding;
(2)reporting to a law enforcement officer or judge of the United States the commission or possible commission of a Federal offense or a violation of conditions of probation 1 supervised release,,1 parole, or release pending judicial proceedings;
(3)arresting or seeking the arrest of another person in connection with a Federal offense; or
(4)causing a criminal prosecution, or a parole or probation revocation proceeding, to be sought or instituted, or assisting in such prosecution or proceeding;
or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 3 years, or both.
(e)In a prosecution for an offense under this section, it is an affirmative defense, as to which the defendant has the burden of proof by a preponderance of the evidence, that the conduct consisted solely of lawful conduct and that the defendant’s sole intention was to encourage, induce, or cause the other person to testify truthfully.
(f)For the purposes of this section—
(1)an official proceeding need not be pending or about to be instituted at the time of the offense; and
(2)the testimony, or the record, document, or other object need not be admissible in evidence or free of a claim of privilege.
(g)In a prosecution for an offense under this section, no state of mind need be proved with respect to the circumstance—
(1)that the official proceeding before a judge, court, magistrate judge, grand jury, or government agency is before a judge or court of the United States, a United States magistrate judge, a bankruptcy judge, a Federal grand jury, or a Federal Government agency; or
(2)that the judge is a judge of the United States or that the law enforcement officer is an officer or employee of the Federal Government or a person authorized to act for or on behalf of the Federal Government or serving the Federal Government as an adviser or consultant.
(h)There is extraterritorial Federal jurisdiction over an offense under this section.
(i)A prosecution under this section or section 1503 may be brought in the district in which the official proceeding (whether or not pending or about to be instituted) was intended to be affected or in the district in which the conduct constituting the alleged offense occurred.
(j)If the offense under this section occurs in connection with a trial of a criminal case, the maximum term of imprisonment which may be imposed for the offense shall be the higher of that otherwise provided by law or the maximum term that could have been imposed for any offense charged in such case.
(k)Whoever conspires to commit any offense under this section shall be subject to the same penalties as those prescribed for the offense the commission of which was the object of the conspiracy.

From the dissent in the appealed ruling:

quote:

On my colleagues’ view, in contrast, the examples in subsection (c)(1) do no work at all, and section 1512(c) has the same breadth it would have if Congress had omitted all of subsection (c)(1) and the word otherwise. Second, the government’s reading also would collapse most of section 1512 into the subsection (c)(2) catchall. Section 1512 sets forth 21 different offenses, and the government’s reading would fold at least 15 of them into subsection (c)(2). Here are a few random examples: Section 1512(a)(1) prohibits killing a person to prevent his attendance at an official proceeding or to prevent the production of a record, document, or other object in an official proceeding. 18 U.S.C. § 1512(a)(1)(A), (B). Section 1512(b)(1) prohibits corruptly persuading another person to influence, delay, or prevent testimony at an official proceeding. Section 1512(d)(1) prohibits harassing another person to dissuade him from attending an official proceeding. And section 1512(d)(4) prohibits harassing another person to prevent a criminal prosecution. All these acts—and the others prohibited by most other parts of section 1512 would influence or affect an official proceeding. This wholesale surplusage is even stranger given section 1512’s graduated penalty scheme. Section 1512(a) authorizes terms of imprisonment of up to 30 years for various obstructive acts involving the use of physical force, 18 U.S.C. § 1512(a)(3)(B), and up to 20 years for obstructive acts involving the threat of physical force, id. § 1512(a)(3)(C). Section 1512(b) authorizes terms of up to 20 years for obstructive acts involving intimidation. Id. § 1512(b). Section 1512(d) authorizes maximum rerms of only three years for obstructive acts involving harassment. Id. § 1512(d). By collapsing most of section 1512 into its subsection (c)(2), the government’s interpretation would lump together conduct warranting up to three decades of imprisonment with conduct warranting at most three years—a distinction reflected in the broader structure of section 1512.

Third, the government’s interpretation of subsection (c)(2) would swallow up various other chapter 73 offenses outside of section 1512. Two of the most longstanding chapter 73 offenses are sections 1503 and 1505, which trace back at least
to 1909. Section 1505 prohibits corruptly obstructing proceedings pending before Congress or executive agencies. Absent an act of terrorism, it imposes a maximum sentence of five years. Under the government’s reading of section 1512(c)(2), all 197 words of this section are made surplusage by 13 words nested in a subparagraph of a subsection in the middle of section 1512. Section 1503 prohibits corruptly influencing a juror or court officer and, absent an attempted killing or a class A or class B felony, authorizes a maximum sentence of ten years. 18 U.S.C. § 1503(b)(3). The government’s interpretation of subsection (c)(2) makes that part of section 1503 redundant, leaving only its separate application to acts of harming protected persons after the fact.
[...]
Beyond considerations of surplusage, the structure of section 1512 cuts further against the government’s broad reading of subsection (c)(2). As noted above, section 1512 contains 21 separate subparagraphs prohibiting various forms of tampering and obstruction. Setting aside subsection (c)(2), the 20 other provisions are all narrow, and every one of them addresses preserving the flow of truthful (and only truthful) information to investigatory or judicial processes. To break this persistent and uniform focus, one might expect some degree of clarity. Instead, we have the opposite: an otherwise connector suggesting that Congress did not intend a major discontinuity in focus or scope. If subsection (c)(2) were all-encompassing, its placement would also be puzzling. That provision is one subparagraph nested inside a subsection in the middle of 19 otherwise narrow prohibitions. It is not even its own sentence, and it shares with subsection (c)(1) clauses prescribing a mens rea element and a maximum punishment. This is exactly where we might expect to find a residual clause for subsection (c)(1). But it is an exceedingly unlikely place to find an all-encompassing residual clause for most of section 1512 and much of chapter 73. Of course, Congress “does not alter the fundamental details of a [statutory] scheme in vague terms or ancillary provisions—it does not, one might say, hide elephants in mouseholes.” Whitman v. Am. Trucking rear end’ns, 531 U.S. 457, 468 (2001).
I agree with the outcome of the majority opinion and find flaws in even the excerpts of the dissent I quoted (the punishment differences undercut the collapse argument for me - as they provide a clear reason why some were delineated despite the catchall), but dislike the general tone in commentary here and elsewhere that Katsas and Nichols are going through ludicrous, indefensible contortions for partisan purpose.

They're reading and contorting in a way that they never would for any other defendants (for partisan purpose)- but that's different.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Boy I just can't WAIT for THIS Supreme Court ruling :neckbeard:

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

mutata posted:

lol it's totally gonna be this isn't it.

Worked for Bush v Gore!

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
https://twitter.com/lawofruby/status/1735340844046049748

Predictably, NY rejected Trump's bid for special treatment in the appeals process.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Paracaidas posted:

https://twitter.com/lawofruby/status/1735340844046049748

Predictably, NY rejected Trump's bid for special treatment in the appeals process.

Slow roll the interlocutory and rush the other appeals. Seems like the playbook.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

mdemone posted:

I have an enormous number of thoughts about that, but they all boil down to John Roberts not being signed up for the title of "last Supreme Court chief Justice"

Agreed. Even the more nutso SCOTUS justices like having power, and giving the President full immunity would take some of that power away. I think they might just rule that the President has immunity only for official acts and leave it to lower courts to figure out the rest.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Paracaidas posted:

The section in question bolded.

From the dissent in the appealed ruling:

I agree with the outcome of the majority opinion and find flaws in even the excerpts of the dissent I quoted (the punishment differences undercut the collapse argument for me - as they provide a clear reason why some were delineated despite the catchall), but dislike the general tone in commentary here and elsewhere that Katsas and Nichols are going through ludicrous, indefensible contortions for partisan purpose.

They're reading and contorting in a way that they never would for any other defendants (for partisan purpose)- but that's different.

Your quoted dissent analysis is flawed in that section (c) has a much higher bar to being enacted in that it requires that the acts be done “corruptly” which is not present in the others and so rightly is it’s own separate action and does not nullify anything in the other sections since they don’t require corrupt intent.

Section (a) don’t kill or attempt to kill someone to obstruct an official proceeding or else

Section (b) don’t intentionally hurt people to obstruct an official proceeding or else

Section (c) don’t corruptly obstruct an official proceeding or else

Section (d) don’t intentionally harass people to obstruct an official proceeding or else

It’s pretty straight forward. Actually.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Dec 14, 2023

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

SixFigureSandwich posted:

Agreed. Even the more nutso SCOTUS justices like having power, and giving the President full immunity would take some of that power away. I think they might just rule that the President has immunity only for official acts and leave it to lower courts to figure out the rest.

lol that "Ambition must be made to counteract ambition" is the only thing potentially saving us

Still doesn't prevent "we find in favor with trump in this specific limited circumstance" bullshit like Bush v. Gore but at least it's a hope

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Has this been brought up? Seems like this is up until now unknown audio as it's being reported that this isn't being cited in any of Jack Smiths filings. Sorry for the screenshot and YouTube like, wanted to provide something that actually had the audio and Twitter is garbage nowadays

https://youtu.be/JH0HE2C6uyE

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

cr0y posted:

Has this been brought up? Seems like this is up until now unknown audio as it's being reported that this isn't being cited in any of Jack Smiths filings. Sorry for the screenshot and YouTube like, wanted to provide something that actually had the audio and Twitter is garbage nowadays

https://youtu.be/JH0HE2C6uyE

Oh, lawdy there's tapes! I knew that recently it had become clear that Smith had evidence a lawyer had told Trump directly that if he proceeded with his plan that it would be illegal and he would face criminal charges but if there are tapes that's pretty great.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Is that Chesebro? I'd heard reporting he'd flipped completely and was giving up lots of goodies

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Murgos posted:

Oh, lawdy there's tapes! I knew that recently it had become clear that Smith had evidence a lawyer had told Trump directly that if he proceeded with his plan that it would be illegal and he would face criminal charges but if there are tapes that's pretty great.

It's a tape of his proffer session with state officials (which implies he's cooperating with the feds, because otherwise the state evidence would be used to crucify him in a federal trial)

DarkHorse posted:

Is that Chesebro? I'd heard reporting he'd flipped completely and was giving up lots of goodies

Yes

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/14/us/georgia-teacher-arrested-threatening-muslim-student-israeli-flag/index.html

Trump stole a binder of Russian intel and it's still never been found. This is new info as of today.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

DarkHorse posted:

it's cheesebro telling trump "there's STILL a chance" despite being told not to give trump hope he could still win the election. it looks like cheesebro had the idea for fake electorates and trump just innocently went along with it

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

mdemone posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/14/us/georgia-teacher-arrested-threatening-muslim-student-israeli-flag/index.html

Trump stole a binder of Russian intel and it's still never been found. This is new info as of today.

That article has nothing to do with Trump or Intel, but I'm happy that teacher was arrested. Someone with anger management issues like that (guy lost his poo poo when a student asked him to take down the Israeli flag because she thought it was offensive, swore at her repeatedly and threatened to behead her) has no business being anywhere near children in general, let alone in a classroom.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Murgos posted:

Your quoted dissent analysis is flawed in that section (c) has a much higher bar to being enacted in that it requires that the acts be done “corruptly” which is not present in the others and so rightly is it’s own separate action and does not nullify anything in the other sections since they don’t require corrupt intent.

Section (a) don’t kill or attempt to kill someone to obstruct an official proceeding or else

Section (b) don’t intentionally hurt people to obstruct an official proceeding or else

Section (c) don’t corruptly obstruct an official proceeding or else

Section (d) don’t intentionally harass people to obstruct an official proceeding or else

It’s pretty straight forward. Actually.

I was curious about the definition of “corruptly” and it turns out the Supreme Court has already addressed exactly that, and it was even over a dispute over a 1512 clause adjacent to the one we’re focused on now: https://www.justice.gov/osg/brief/arthur-anderson-v-united-states-brief-merits

quote:

I. The lower courts correctly defined the term "corruptly" in Section 1512(b) as "having an improper purpose" "to subvert, undermine, or impede the fact-finding ability of an official proceeding." The lower courts' definition is consistent with the purpose-based definition long given to the identical term in the general obstruction-of-justice statute, 18 U.S.C. 1503, on which Section 1512 was based; in other obstruction-of-justice statutes; and in other federal criminal statutes more generally. That definition does not render the term "corruptly" superfluous. Nor does it criminalize conduct that is not inherently wrongful, because it has long been understood that it is improper to destroy documents when litigation is anticipated for the purpose of frustrating the truthseeking process.

Petitioner's novel alternative definitions of the term "corruptly"-which would require either "proof of improper means of persuasion or inducement to unlawful acts," or "proof of consciousness of wrongdoing"-should be rejected. The former definition cannot be reconciled with the text of the statute; would give the term "corruptly" a different meaning in Section 1512(b) than in other obstruction-of-justice statutes; and would criminalize little, if any, conduct that is not already criminalized by other provisions. The latter definition contravenes the established principle that ignorance of the law is no defense, and no exception to that principle is warranted here.

Neither the rule of lenity, the doctrine of constitutional doubt, nor constitutional principles of fair warning justify petitioner's alternative definitions of "corruptly." The rule of lenity and the doctrine of constitutional doubt are both inapplicable here, because the term "corruptly" is not ambiguous. Petitioner identifies no serious constitutional concerns arising from the lower courts' construction of the statute, and petitioner had fair warning that its conduct was unlawful.

It even specifically reiterates that being ignorant of their ill intent wouldn’t be an excuse, which is good considering some of them were practically escorted inside.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Dec 15, 2023

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

The actual cnn story about Trumps stolen Russian intel here.

quote:

A binder containing highly classified information related to Russian election interference went missing at the end of Donald Trump’s presidency, raising alarms among intelligence officials that some of the most closely guarded national security secrets from the US and its allies could be exposed, sources familiar with the matter told CNN.

Its disappearance, which has not been previously reported, was so concerning that intelligence officials briefed Senate Intelligence Committee leaders last year about the missing materials and the government’s efforts to retrieve them, the sources said.

In the two-plus years since Trump left office, the missing intelligence does not appear to have been found.

The binder contained raw intelligence the US and its NATO allies collected on Russians and Russian agents, including sources and methods that informed the US government’s assessment that Russian President Vladimir Putin sought to help Trump win the 2016 election, sources tell CNN.

The intelligence was so sensitive that lawmakers and congressional aides with top secret security clearances were able to review the material only at CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia, where their work scrutinizing it was itself kept in a locked safe.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
I'm pretty surprised to find out Trump was rock-hard for declassifying Russian interference intel because in his own mind he's always right and he actually thought the truth would set him free for the first time ever

I mean that sounds like him but I didn't think he was that dumb in his narcissism

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

The DOJ should just put up a "reward if found" on that binder and watch the trump kids kill each other to be the first to return it.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

The Islamic Shock posted:

I'm pretty surprised to find out Trump was rock-hard for declassifying Russian interference intel because in his own mind he's always right and he actually thought the truth would set him free for the first time ever

I mean that sounds like him but I didn't think he was that dumb in his narcissism

Trump saying he would do something and him then actually doing it is not, you know, always in sync.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

cr0y posted:

The DOJ should just put up a "pardon if found" on that binder and watch the trump ecosystem kill each other to be the first to return it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

quote:

the binder, described as being 10 inches thick

:staredog:

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

That's too big for a binder. Get a second binder.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

piL posted:

That's too big for a binder. Get a second binder.

Eh, I can see it in this situation. If it's all classified stuff it'd be easier to just track one object than a bunch of normal sized binders.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

bird food bathtub posted:

Eh, I can see it in this situation. If it's all classified stuff it'd be easier to just track one object than a bunch of normal sized binders.

That would be one of those ones with the steel rods instead of metal loops, right? Honestly, depending on what the intel is about, I'm a little surprised it's only 10 inches (and that Trump could lift it).

SaTaMaS
Apr 18, 2003

Oracle posted:

The actual cnn story about Trumps stolen Russian intel here.

I'd assume there are digital backups of important classified material or this still the 1900s

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Mitt Romney mistook it for his binder full of women.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

trump once tweeted out that he wanted everything in the russia investigation declassified

when people sued to get it trump's attorneys went to court to block it saying twitter isn't orders

when the judge agreed that twitter isn't real trump tweeted out his frustration that the russia info wasn't being released fast enough and repeated that it was declassified.

his attorneys went back to court to argue that twitter isn't real and the judge agreed

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

SaTaMaS posted:

I'd assume there are digital backups of important classified material or this still the 1900s

I would be utterly stunned if it wasn't 1900s technology in some fashion or another. Gimme that Microfiche copy.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

InsertPotPun posted:

trump once tweeted out that he wanted everything in the russia investigation declassified

when people sued to get it trump's attorneys went to court to block it saying twitter isn't orders

when the judge agreed that twitter isn't real trump tweeted out his frustration that the russia info wasn't being released fast enough and repeated that it was declassified.

his attorneys went back to court to argue that twitter isn't real and the judge agreed
I'm not sure how I missed all that, holy poo poo.

Hey our client might be dumber than a sack of hammers AND the President but don't worry we won't let him actually do anything too dangerously stupid most of the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

I'm not sure how I missed all that, holy poo poo.

Hey our client might be dumber than a sack of hammers AND the President but don't worry we won't let him actually do anything too dangerously stupid most of the time

The crime dilation effect is real. It was impossible to keep up with every individual crime, the next crime was approaching so fast that it would arrive simultaneous with the crime committed before it.