Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Sorry if this doesn't belong here, but the SPHL time warped back to 2008 with this game:

https://lscluster.hockeytech.com/game_reports/official-game-report.php?lang_id=1&client_code=sphl&game_id=4994

The game has been over for an hour but hasn't been made official because they keep making changes to the misconducts / game misconducts. 205 combined PIM, at least 6 or 7 ejections, an official scorer who doesn't know how to total power play chances when goals are scored on a major.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
So is OV just washed now?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

PotatoJudge posted:

Sorry if this doesn't belong here, but the SPHL time warped back to 2008 with this game:

https://lscluster.hockeytech.com/game_reports/official-game-report.php?lang_id=1&client_code=sphl&game_id=4994

The game has been over for an hour but hasn't been made official because they keep making changes to the misconducts / game misconducts. 205 combined PIM, at least 6 or 7 ejections, an official scorer who doesn't know how to total power play chances when goals are scored on a major.

still not official 45 minutes later lol

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I’d bet neck protectors are gonna be demanded by everyone but the players at all levels of the sport

Neck protectors are required equipment under Hockey Canada already.

E: There were a bunch more posts my phone didn’t load.

Goalies tend to wear neck protective equip made for impact, but it’s bulky and designed to fit under their mask shape. Players have laceration guards because that’s the most likely injury. I know a goalie that took a puck while not wearing his guard because kids can be dumb, and while he’s thankfully alive he did end up in the ER.

USA Hockey is working on the manufacturing requirements with HECC and when they meet in January we expect to see them added to required equipment for youth and high school (USAH not NFHS) classifications.

Canada doesn’t require mouth guards though, so ymmv.

Jhet fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Dec 16, 2023

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Beer Gay So What posted:

I'm still holding out hope that he's just dogging it because he hates his coach. But... probably yes. :sigh:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

I'm still holding out hope that he's just dogging it because he hates his coach. But... probably yes. :sigh:

Ive only caught a few Caps games so far this year but he doesnt look washed so much as just checked out.

Trade him to another team and see if a change of scenery gets him going again? Would he even leave Washington?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

He's either playing injured or just stinks now. I don't think he's checked out or hates his coach or whatever. He's old and he can't skate any more and now his hands are also gone.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I've seen enough "is Ovechkin finally done" takes over the years to know never to count the man out before the new year

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe he’s depressed because his war isn’t going well.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ovie’s still shooting well under his career sh%, he’d have 8 more goals if he was scoring his normal distribution and nobody would think there was anything wrong. The rest of his game has been limited for years now but it’s way more apparent when he’s not scoring.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Jonas Vingegaard outbid him for 'the good stuff' this year.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Mind_Taker posted:

He's either playing injured or just stinks now. I don't think he's checked out or hates his coach or whatever. He's old and he can't skate any more and now his hands are also gone.

And he's the second leading scorer on the Caps, one point behind Tom Wilson

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Koopa Kid posted:

Ovie’s still shooting well under his career sh%, he’d have 8 more goals if he was scoring his normal distribution and nobody would think there was anything wrong. The rest of his game has been limited for years now but it’s way more apparent when he’s not scoring.

At 38 there’s also no reason to think he’s suddenly going to bounce back up to his career shooting percentage
The age cliff isn’t always a gentle slope

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Levitate posted:

At 38 there’s also no reason to think he’s suddenly going to bounce back up to his career shooting percentage
The age cliff isn’t always a gentle slope

That’s definitely true, and the talent drain/aging of the rest of the Caps roster probably isn’t helping. But Ovi’s shot rate is still good and that’s usually the first thing I look for to see if somebody’s really losing it. Even if he’s lost a little off his shot regression should still come for him based off of the number of opportunities he’s getting. If I was forced to bet I think it’s much more likely he ends up closer to 10% sh% end of year than the 5% he’s at right now.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Beer Gay So What posted:

Their PP sucks right now. So kind of yes but a lot is the system and coach.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Aphrodite posted:

Maybe he’s depressed because his war isn’t going well.

His shipments of the good Russian PED's finally dried up because of sanctions.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Chad Sexington posted:

Their PP sucks right now. So kind of yes but a lot is the system and coach.

I spend every second that there’s an empty net and Ovi isn’t on the ice absolutely screaming into the void.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I randomly got curious just now as to who will go down in history as the last active NHL player that was born in the Soviet Union. Looks like it'll probably be either Nikita Zaitsev (October 29, 1991--I thought that would count as after the collapse, but he's listed on h-ref as born in the USSR) or Dmitry Orlov (July 23, 1991).

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Speaking of flu-like symptoms, when was the last time any NHLer dared to use the c-word? Rick Bowness apparently talked about struggling with long covid for close to a year, Brandon Sutter gave up on trying to return to the league in October and that seems to be about it?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
They use the C-word all the time.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Matt Zerella posted:

They use the C-word all the time.

And only when watching the Prem.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Speaking of flu-like symptoms, when was the last time any NHLer dared to use the c-word? Rick Bowness apparently talked about struggling with long covid for close to a year, Brandon Sutter gave up on trying to return to the league in October and that seems to be about it?

Every time they mention that "the flu" or "an illness" is running through a team's locker room, I always give a little side-eye. Just because you don't say the word, doesn't mean it isn't there, folks!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Precambrian Video Games posted:

It sucks to say but the league and players tend benefit from pretending that covid ended and they do everything they can to make sure it appears that way.

e: Benefit from a money making perspective, not from a health and safety perspective. Just in case I wasnt clear enough.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
At the bell centre in the desjardons section ate so much loving food ama

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Ovie is still making perfect passes through traffic to the tape of teammates halfway across the ice often enough that I think his deployment within the system is just especially bad for him personally scoring. It doesn't help that the powerplay is basically not in any way designed to take advantage of his shot and makes no attempt to set it up, which seems super dumb to me.

e: I will add that he isn't going for hits hardly at all. That aspect of his game does seem almost completely gone. I don't think he has the legs to recover from them and get into the play anymore, even if he is probably still pretty stout.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

stab posted:

How much of it did you store under the urinal?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

stab posted:

Did you dribble on your nachos before or after you finished all the cheese?

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/seanshapiro/status/1736140096754032771

We have a Guy Off The Street starting in backup for Dallas. There is another, guy off the street-ier, EBUG in the building.

This would be, to me, the funniest way to get Doug Armstrong fired.

DOOMocrat fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Dec 17, 2023

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Matt Zerella posted:

How much of it did you store under the urinal?

Weber #6 baby

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Cocaine Bear posted:

Did you dribble on your nachos before or after you finished all the cheese?

No nachos but so many smoked meat sandwiches

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

stab posted:

When I was younger we got tickets there (it was the Air Canada section then) for a Caps game, pre Ovechkin.

It was barely hockey but hey free food.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

stab posted:

No nachos but so many smoked meat sandwiches

Dijon or stone-ground?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cocaine Bear posted:

Dijon or stone-ground?

I'm calling the loving police.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Cocaine Bear posted:

Dijon or stone-ground?

What the gently caress mods????

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Montreal fans watching Chara and a stanchion destroy Paccioretty:

Aphrodite posted:

I'm calling the loving police.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I was going to do the "Yes officer, this one here" thing in French but I don't know how to write french.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

JOSH ANDERSON SCORED A GOAL.WHAT THE gently caress

stab
Feb 12, 2003

stab posted:

JOSH ANDERSON SCORED A GOAL.WHAT THE gently caress

WHAT THE gently caress HE SCORED AGAIN

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/conorryan_93/status/1736202689850093631

Brutal hit on Lindgren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The little “huh?” hand gesture every player gives when they’ve obviously committed some sort of suspension-worthy offence kills me every time