Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Paper Lion posted:

theres only 2 things that instantly make anyone who sees/hears it have the singular reaction of pure laughter: whatever they found at laugh tale, and luffys dream

only a few of the straw hats laughed when luffy said his dream. most were just shocked or confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

iirc it was only usopp that was more bewildered than laughing but im sure there was some exception that made the rule at laugh tale too. egg cant laugh

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Paper Lion posted:

iirc it was only usopp that was more bewildered than laughing but im sure there was some exception that made the rule at laugh tale too. egg cant laugh

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Brook, Franky and Sanji were the only ones who laughed. Chopper went ooooh and everyone else was varying degrees of wtf.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF9xg8cHP4M

He also told Shanks, Ace, and Sabo their reaction?

"They just laughed"

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

"They just laughed"

shanks also had this to say

of course, everyone laughed when roger said his dream…..except Oden

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Whitebeard didnt laugh.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HerraS posted:

Whitebeard didnt laugh.

i also cant remember who else was there

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"They just laughed"

God the One Piece anime would be so peak right now if it was more than three chapters behind the manga at any given time

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"They just laughed"

It's not in that clip, but I believe directly after Luffy says,"Shanks laughed so much he was crying" :stare:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

They say that Shanks is still laughing to this very day.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Shanks is the true villain after all

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Cat Machine posted:

I always liked this theory because of the recursive implication that we could in turn make One Piece (the manga about the manga) real, fostering one random dude to become Joy Boy and incite a planet-wide revolution that overthrows our world government

So One Piece is the real Cloud Atlas?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Luffy's dream is to challenge literally everyone in the entire world to a Davy Back fight

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017

Paper Lion posted:

That's because everyone else thinks he's crazy, but Usopp knows he's actually gonna do it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Paper Lion posted:

theres only 2 things that instantly make anyone who sees/hears it have the singular reaction of pure laughter: whatever they found at laugh tale, and

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/EROS_Last_JK/status/1737073558592110702?t=FoafvKYmAwIVovs--g2Ftg&s=19

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Holy smokes

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

This is art.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Rofl

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

i wanna see this moment in the live action very badly

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

mikeycp posted:

i wanna see this moment in the live action very badly

Just use exactly this picture, curly eyebrow included despite LA Sanji not having curly eyebrows.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lmao

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Shadowlyger posted:

Just use exactly this picture, curly eyebrow included despite LA Sanji not having curly eyebrows.

He has to have a fit tearing it up when it shows onscreen.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The real trick is going to be finding a guy who looks exactly like that wanted poster IRL to play Duval

they want shady
May 11, 2013

lmao incredible

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
We are coming up on the 6 week span where we only get like 2 chapters due to the holidays right?

I've also been watching the anime from Whole Cake Island to current while I work the past couple of weeks (I jumped to the manga in the middle of WCI). I am going to put together a few posts looking at a couple of the things that the anime does to enhance the story compared to the manga at some of those points. Also the ridiculous stuff that adds in padding but changes things.

For example, when Pekoms jumps out of the mirror with Luffy the sequence of events with him going sulong completely changes up. In the manga he jumps out, starts turning and immediately gets smacked by Oven sending Luffy flying away. After Sanji & Luffy are running away, they briefly cut to a huge group of people beating the poo poo out of Pekoms and yelling to rip his eyes out.

In the anime, he jumps out in the same method. But then proceeds to fight a bunch of people before getting smacked by Oven. However, he gets back up and stats rampaging even more while Sanji & Luffy are trying to run. (He is also the size of a two story house lol). But then he is in full Hulk rage mode and hits Sanji as he is trying to airwalk away. He is about to attack again, but remembers Pedro to attack more of the Big Mom crew. Finally Oven gets another shot in and they mention just straight up killing Pekoms while they all beat him own (as opposed to just ripping out his eye balls).

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q26d8n_rZ8

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:five:

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
One Piece Manga Thread: Toei WIT, there will be four concurrent versions of franchise at once

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/psychoegirljuul/status/1736419327849488582?t=e9uRInWlu3Pmji1k6_1NVQ&s=19

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

How did they just get Real Luffy

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I think if you put a pecan pie in front of manga Luffy and live action Luffy you'd just get the "this pie is so good i could die/this pie is so bad i could die" scene except instead of Luffy and Blackbeard it's just two Luffys.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
he says "good" like a sinister spymaster who just learned his agents have curried favor with an enemy general

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Well Manicured Man posted:

I think if you put a pecan pie in front of manga Luffy and live action Luffy you'd just get the "this pie is so good i could die/this pie is so bad i could die" scene except instead of Luffy and Blackbeard it's just two Luffys.

it still owns that Oda introduced one of the major villains of the entire series with a comic relief scene centered around food

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
katakuri loving loves donuts. he'll kill a man for donuts

he's right

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Augus posted:

it still owns that Oda introduced one of the major villains of the entire series with a comic relief scene centered around food

And then gave him one of the best, most inspiring moments of the series. People’s dreams never die!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I like that they call him Kiki, that's cute

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Arist posted:

The real trick is going to be finding a guy who looks exactly like that wanted poster IRL to play Duval

Steve Buscemi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

PringleCreamEgg posted:

And then gave him one of the best, most inspiring moments of the series. People’s dreams never die!

Top 5 most iconic panels in the series, right up there with Nothing Happened