Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I feel like I'm about to regret this but idgi

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Wintermutant posted:

Many people online want to gently caress a Vaporeon

(feel free to screenshot this post so it counts as a cursed image)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

PainterofCrap posted:

The owner initially scared them off by hanging a 'dead vulture carcass' (not a real one, obviously, but a decoy; it looked very real, like it had been hanging for a couple weeks) but they eventually cottoned on to it being a sculpture & came back. Not that he wanted to, but you can't just kill them; he contacted the state, who confirmed that - but also offered no advice or service to move them along, either.

lmao.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Captain Hygiene posted:

Many people online want to gently caress a Vaporeon

(feel free to screenshot this post so it counts as a cursed image)

Not sure why I expected anything else tbh

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Vultures will also do that to boats in the south. They eat the cushions and leave their dead meat shits on the boats.

In some places otherwise illegal fireworks are allowed to be used tochase them off. This only works temporarily. But is an excuse old men use to set up lawn chairs, drink, and shoot fireworks at vultures while occasionally setting a boat on fire.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
One of the most unnerving moments of my life was walking past a big group of vultures while they were feeding on something in the middle of a road. They all stopped to watch me as I sloooowly maneuvered past them. They're huge up close and having a couple dozen staring you down is...

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

One of my most surreal driving moments was driving to Uluru, and it's this one road for many miles, with a warning at the beginning: NO SERVICES

The FM dial was all static, no stations....

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Wintermutant posted:

Click if you dare
https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1855613-vaporeon

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

By popular demand posted:

I'm wondering if they misspelled 'gum' or intended to tell us it's cumin based, cumin being commonly used in folk medicine.
"cum" is also a word that means "and" because english is great

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Desert Bus posted:

One of the most unnerving moments of my life was walking past a big group of vultures while they were feeding on something in the middle of a road. They all stopped to watch me as I sloooowly maneuvered past them. They're huge up close and having a couple dozen staring you down is...

Saw the shadow of one fly by one day because we had a dead possum in our yard. Thought of pterodactyls.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
sound on

https://i.imgur.com/IfjOkYM.mp4

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

blessed

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Same, cat, same.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Catastrophe posted:

stolen from Reddit (I'M SORRY!) but someone mentioned they saw this near a house they're currently moving into. Vultures. Now, is it a bad thing when you notice a swarm of scavenging birds of prey who feast on death gathering around a neighbor's door?

better than the house terrorized by california condors, a protected endangered species so the homeowners couldn't do anything about it

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Grandma is dead.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

♫grandma got carried off by some buzzards♪

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i could defeat 3 vultures before becoming overwhelmed and eaten

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Kitty is absolutely about to smack her in the face.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
That relaxed, slow-blinking cat is not actually angry lol

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

While y'all align with the cat, I'm rooting for the kid.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Famous last words.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Vladimir Poutine posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: most cat vids on the internet are cursed. They're either "Look at this traumatized cat in distress isn't it adorable??" or "Look at this extremely chill complacent cat, look how mad it is!"

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(
The real curse is how bad people are at reading cats body language and deciding to apply human logic to it instead lol.

Slow blinking, tail at rest curled up next to it, that is just a happy cat.

The ears are probably due to it being a Scottish Fold cat, that have been bred to have ears shaped like that.

edit: beaten by a bunch of people but yeah, above post explained it better. Alot of "funny" cat videos are literally stressed out cats being abused for funny videos.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

redshirt posted:

While y'all align with the cat, I'm rooting for the kid.

While I'd like the fun lovin kids to come out okay, lets be real here, that's just not how these stories end.

R.I.P fun lovin kid. just one more poor soul takin before their time by the top of the food chain, the tabby house cat. :(

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tech Noir 84

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Noir89 posted:

The real curse is how bad people are at reading cats body language and deciding to apply human logic to it instead lol.

Those cat body language guides were all written by cats, so they could take us off guard!

You gotta respect the crafty buggers.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(
It's more that I have had cats around me since the day I was born including my own puffball currently sleeping on the couch that have been with me for 21 years now, literally my entire adult life :v:

You kinda pick up a few things about what mood they are in then.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dr_rat posted:

Those cat body language guides were all written by cats, so they could take us off guard!

You gotta respect the crafty buggers.

I got my body language book transcribed by 80's Cats and then told the Grateful Dead Cats and they went to Chile and there they passed on this ancient knowledge.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Cat mad, so what

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

Cat mad, so what

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Vladimir Poutine posted:

The cat is gangsta is that what you are saying?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

As a long time cat observer my guess is that the cat is very happy with the person holding the camera, but merely tolerating the shrill noise.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

What do you all think this cat's name is?

I vote for "Mr. Snuffywufflekins"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

Sam

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Garfdorf.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Ingrid.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Orange Julius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Sheriff Cat Reeves.