Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fawning deference posted:

I do not understand this Devils team but I thought Schmid and Vanecek just needed a little more time to figure things out. Not anymore, they need a goaltender yesterday

They need to make other changes too. This version of the team isn't working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

mcmagic posted:

They need to make other changes too. This version of the team isn't working.

They for sure have defensive lapses and a top heavy offense, it's not JUST goaltending, but honestly, it's mostly goaltending. Yes they have defensive lapses but 90% of them wind up in the back of the net

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
so glad to finally beat the god damned Canes

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
What a terrible third period for the Devils

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

i've seen some dogshit goaltending and defence this year but lol devils

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i have never seen a goaltender who cannot stay on his god damned feet

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Lol the Pens 2nd line basically posted a 0% xG for the night 5v5. That owns.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Thank gently caress the habs finally score on one of these powerplays against the Wild

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Boos from the Jersey crowd...

Anyway, onto the real game of this road trip.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Good job Armia

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

What a play on the rush. That third line is rolling.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Stars blowing it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Stars blowing it

200%

Embarrassing mental mistakes

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Or not!?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Getting at least a point numbs some of the anguish

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Getting at least a point numbs some of the anguish

I believe

Also wouldn't be a stars game without ot

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Man thought Dallas had a sure GWG on that move. Didn't expect Vancouver to steal a point this game.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
nucks first in da league

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

lol benn

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

OWNS

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

lol what a dumb OT, oh well.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
man the last few OTs ive seen have been fuckin awful except for like 30 seconds total. o well

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

OT is broken, don’t care what they do (shot clock, half court) just something other then 4:30 of slow skating around in circles and then a couple of chances in the last bit.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

VOTE1 posted:

OT is broken, don’t care what they do (shot clock, half court) just something other then 4:30 of slow skating around in circles and then a couple of chances in the last bit.

Delay of game penalty for bringing it out of the attacking zone?

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

VOTE1 posted:

Could always go back to 4 on 4, it was fine :shrug:

Like I don't think trying 3 on 3 was a bad idea, but now that teams have long figured out the optimal strategy is maintaining possession, it's boring. I'd rather they go back to the thing that worked than keep adding weird rules that make it less like hockey (in that case they could just skip to the shootout)

fisting by many fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Dec 22, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Escape Goat posted:

I think that's too much, half ice I could agree to though

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

I think the simplest change would be to swap ends, that way when teams curl back to their own blue line, it’s a lot easier for the team without the puck to change. That would mostly remove the just tire then out for 2 minutes strategy. Casual viewers wouldn’t even notice the change, no need to explain rules etc (or introduce mechanics that have unintended consequences).

Escape Goat posted:

Even just face off in your d zone would be sufficient here. A penalty in OT is probably about a 50% chance of a goal, so I think that’s too severe. Could also result in some weird play where defenders almost pass rush a guy as he enters the zone trying to push him out.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

VOTE1 posted:

I think the simplest change would be to swap ends, that way when teams curl back to their own blue line, it’s a lot easier for the team without the puck to change. That would mostly remove the just tire then out for 2 minutes strategy. Casual viewers wouldn’t even notice the change, no need to explain rules etc (or introduce mechanics that have unintended consequences).

This is a really good idea which is why it will never happen.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
I know this has been said ad nauseam but Adam Fox is really loving good.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Ahahaha the slowmo of Blake Wheeler

Quite literally :imunfunny:

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Quick is playing incredible :stare:

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Weaponized Autism posted:

Keep waiting for the cliff but I think this man has gone full limitless

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Weaponized Autism posted:

I was waiting to post this to avoid the triple post.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Detroit must have the worst mixture of defending and goalkeeping in the entire league. How do we give up these huge leads so consistently?

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Well this has gone sideways in a hurry

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Lol

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Oilers rock again

Some might say they are back, baby

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Go Jorts!

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Haha what the gently caress habs exploding for two goals in like 10 seconds

edit: boo