Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I learned about SA from hanging out in the BnG irc chat and one day some goon came in and posted a fake link that led to goatse and one of the chat admins was like loving GOONS!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

before?!? I went from usenet / aol to here basically

We old. :hf:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

saw a new Psycho-Pass movie appear on my subbed list.
I totally checked out like S3 though, but I see Akane on the cover again..

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is Nadia the Secret of Blue Water any good? Haven't seen it, but i know it's Gainax which hardly narrows down where it lands quality wise.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I only know that Jean is cute

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Southern Cassowary posted:

what forums did y'all read before sa?

AOL -> Nintendorks -> here

Trivia: I was on the SA forums in 1999, but the database exploded without a backup sometime around January 2000 and I didn't rejoin until it had been back for a while.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Camp Hyrule

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there's a lot of cool things about nadia but it has an infamously bad arc in the back half and some things about how it ends are kind of weird

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

I tried to fight it but we here now fam :hf:

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
lol if you didn't hone your posting blade in insane fandom spaces

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ohtori Akio posted:

lol if you didn't hone your posting blade in insane fandom spaces
the av is saying the post.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

homeless snail posted:

the av is saying the post.

thats right. thats me

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Southern Cassowary posted:

what forums did y'all read before sa?

i posted at board 8, the gamefaqs contest board, in middle school. i have no idea why.

eventually i left for hardocp, then here.

for me it was gaia online -> tv tropes forums before quitting -> here

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Booky posted:

for me it was gaia online -> tv tropes forums before quitting -> here

thats dire bud

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The first forum I posted in was a sonic forum where I almost got groomed by a diaperfur

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i was a chatroom kid at first. im pretty sure some of those people were freaks. i did not suffer grievous harm however. glad to hear it was an almost, for you

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Explain your avatar

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i have been posting rudely in a thread i do not care for. in response, ive been purchased a disrespectful and lewd avatar, with a title text mocking my faith.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Getting owned by big anime titties

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

couldn't be me

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Now everyone will think I have a fat rear end and mondo cans.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

hmm, gamefaqs, beast's lair, 4chan, the escapist

then I joined for let's plays

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Reading manga on a tablet has proven to be a game changer. And hell, I’m able to practice writing jpn with a pen thing too. Power levels are rising over here folks.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ohtori Akio posted:

Uhhh..hey baby...

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ohtori Akio posted:

That's right, boys. Mondo cans!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Movie this morning was the Osomatsu movie that came out in 2022. The middle third has a bunch of pretty solid jokes as the boys are put in a situation where they have to farm and build their own shelter. Unfortunately the first third spends a bit too much time on setup and the last third has a long chase sequence that loses steam pretty quickly. This would have been a great episode of the tv show but as an hour-long movie it's just decent.

I'd have to check my list again but I think with that I have finished every 2022 anime movie that is currently readily available in English? Heck of a trip, though I won't be repeating that next year.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Basically the issue I ran into with this project is that I already try to watch all original anime movies + franchise films for shows I already have a fondness for + any anime that plays on the big screen in my area, so that meant that the stuff I watched that I'd normally skip on were franchise films for stuff I had no interest in that didn't get a theatrical release out here. Sometimes I'd be pleasantly surprised (shoutouts to the Backflip movie!) but for every pleasant surprise I had a bunch of stuff that was a slog to get through - too many idols and isekai in particular!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ohtori Akio posted:

unfortunate

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Sleng Teng posted:

Reading manga on a tablet has proven to be a game changer. And hell, I’m able to practice writing jpn with a pen thing too. Power levels are rising over here folks.

also gets to read webtoons in their proper format as intended with their infinite scrolling style

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Honestly never really been able to handle webtoons even with their scrolling. Just something about the panel format makes my eyes glaze over.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I also discovered that iOS has a tachiyomi fork now thanks to Nitrousoxide so I can have a lot of the stuff in one place too (I often forget about dynasty scans/reader). Pretty cool imo

Arc Hammer posted:

Honestly never really been able to handle webtoons even with their scrolling. Just something about the panel format makes my eyes glaze over.

all the whitespace maybe?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ohtori Akio posted:

I knew this already

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I don't generally read them but here is a good webtoon https://www.mangaupdates.com/series/85fhu9e/here-u-are

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ohtori Akio posted:

i have been posting rudely in a thread i do not care for. in response, ive been purchased a disrespectful and lewd avatar, with a title text mocking my faith.
cspam poster getting so mad about saying the correct spelling of trump that they open up the fat anime titties folder on their computer and debate which one of them will own the dreaded troll most viciously

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I was considering buying you an AV of a tub of 0% fat yogurt but I guess the anime tiddies got to you first.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkfmeJvqtuo

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qQ7V-RjpwY

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Godzilla Minus One kicked all sorts of rear end and man it's just nice when big G is just terrifying the whole way through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah big G feels like a force of nature, like there's no way to stop him. It makes the ending cathartic for the humans and I appreciate that since there's the themes of lost war and sacrifice running throughout.