Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023
Haha every Canadian team has Toronto in their top 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Vancouvers most hated team being Boston is so precious. The cup loss was 12 years ago, get over it!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nobody hates the Caps

:frogc00l:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Vancouvers most hated team being Boston is so precious. The cup loss was 12 years ago, get over it!

Yeah, how can that be still on their minds over the *checks notes* furious ongoing rivalry with Toronto?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Yeah, how can that be still on their minds over the *checks notes* furious ongoing rivalry with Toronto?

There's only like 3 guys still in the league who even played in that series. Has nothing else noteworthy happened to the Canucks since then?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

There's only like 3 guys still in the league who even played in that series. Has nothing else noteworthy happened to the Canucks since then?

no, and every single front office decision the canucks made for 9 years was influenced by the boston bruins' beating them in the stanley cup finals. the team can't get over it because it's like a curse and everyone's hoping they finally found a way to rid themelves of the taint this year

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
I feel like there's a lot of recency bias in there. I low key hate Dallas because they were the North Stars first and not because of the playoff series last year, but boy do I hate the existence of the Canucks so much more. Toss Chicago in there because they were consistently the reason that Minnesota couldn't make it anywhere in the playoffs for all those years they were harboring sex offenders.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I hope the Bruins beat the Canucks in the finals again

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Jhet posted:

I feel like there's a lot of recency bias in there.

A huge amount. Ottawa is definitely the team that annoys me the most at this very moment, but that's entirely because of the past two seasons. There's no way they're above Chicago, Toronto, or Colorado over the long term.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I hope the Bruins beat the Canucks in the finals again

:hmmyes:

Maximum hilarity.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I don't hate the Penguins any more but I definitely hate the Hurricanes and to a lesser extent the Rangers.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

th3t00t posted:

The Sabres record this season after a win is 1-9-3

At this point in 2010, the Sabres were 14-16-4. Guess that happened that season?

Ron Paul it’s happening dot gif

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I hope the Bruins Rangers beat the Canucks in the finals again

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Speaking of old grudges, pretty sure Canucks fans hate Chicago more than Edmonton

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Who should we hate instead? They haven't done anything of note since 2011/2012.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the only noteworthy villainous act to occur against the Canucks from June 16, 2011 to today was committed by John Tortorella and they do hate that dude's guts completely and entirely

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Pens one checks out. Though I'd probably put the Flyers first.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

the only noteworthy villainous act to occur against the Canucks from June 16, 2011 to today was committed by John Tortorella and they do hate that dude's guts completely and entirely

Well, that and Duncan Keith concussing Daniel Sedin in 2012.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Cartoon Man posted:

Nobody hates the Caps

:frogc00l:

I do. gently caress ‘em

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Escape Goat posted:

Who should we hate instead? They haven't done anything of note since 2011/2012.

I dunno I figured you guys hated Calgary or Edmonton or something. I stopped thinking about the Canucks like a week after the Bruins won, and I probably would've stopped earlier than that if their fans hadn't thrown an absolutely S Tier riot.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Every leaf- Canadian team game is a reason to hate the Leafs as Toronto fans takeover the arenas. Great atmosphere for tv though.

Also stupid Ottawa preventing the clean sweep of the division.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Jamwad Hilder posted:

We also blame Boston for Jim Benning.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Who's this Seeler psycho on the Flyers? jesus christ

edit: poo poo I thought this was the GDT

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Mind_Taker posted:

I don't hate the Penguins any more but I definitely hate the Hurricanes and to a lesser extent the Rangers.

They don’t really have a hateable player besides Tony D but ya something about the Hurricanes pisses me off. Sebastian Aho and a bunch of middle 6ers rear end team

Brent Burns has become so bad that not even Rod’s system can hide him anymore, and it owns

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
With the Flyers being sad sacks post Bylsma and the Caps evaporating at the same time the Pens do that leaves well a very simple

1. Rangers
2. Rangers

And 3. Hey it's still Rangers

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

They don’t really have a hateable player besides Tony D but ya something about the Hurricanes pisses me off. Sebastian Aho and a bunch of middle 6ers rear end team

Brent Burns has become so bad that not even Rod’s system can hide him anymore, and it owns

Brind'Amour irritates me too. Always has this whiny look on his face and I feel like Carolina gets away with more interference and other penalties than most other teams.

Also I hate the storm surge. That's some corny poo poo.

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I dunno I figured you guys hated Calgary or Edmonton or something. I stopped thinking about the Canucks like a week after the Bruins won, and I probably would've stopped earlier than that if their fans hadn't thrown an absolutely S Tier riot.

I thought at first I didn't really care about Boston anymore, then I read this post and immediately thought it sounded like something a d-bag would say so I guess I do?

Szechwan fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Dec 23, 2023

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://x.com/peteblackburn/status/1738365163546214800?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

This is insane, Zbad cooked

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

rex rabidorum vires posted:

With the Flyers being sad sacks post Bylsma and the Caps evaporating at the same time the Pens do that leaves well a very simple

1. Rangers
2. Rangers

And 3. Hey it's still Rangers

Excuse you, the Caps are still in a wildcard spot.

I don't know how, but they are :v:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ZombieApostate posted:

Excuse you, the Caps are still in a wildcard spot.

I don't know how, but they are :v:

They’re actually second in the metro by win percentage.

:yeshaha:

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

surf rock posted:

Who's this Seeler psycho on the Flyers? jesus christ

edit: poo poo I thought this was the GDT

He’s someone Chuck Fletcher drafted in Minnesota and then took to Philly with him.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Szechwan posted:

I thought at first I didn't really care about Boston anymore, then I read this post and immediately thought it sounded like something a d-bag would say so I guess I do?

lol

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I never thought about it before but yeah the other teams fans I dislike doesnt sync up with the teams I dislike.

I hate the Bruins, Kings, and Stars but none of them are top 3 for worst fans. That for me goes Blues, Oilers and Devils.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Combing Twitter and came across this update from last night:

https://twitter.com/5thLineHillard/status/1738371475785019543

Yeah, gently caress Tom Wilson reconfirmed, Elvis was right.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 23, 2023

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

I never thought about it before but yeah the other teams fans I dislike doesnt sync up with the teams I dislike.

I hate the Bruins, Kings, and Stars but none of them are top 3 for worst fans. That for me goes Blues, Oilers and Devils.

How dare you

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

I like Slaf.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

:imunfunny:

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
I do enjoy that the Rangers Devils reciprocal hate is back. Devils fans never stopped hating of course but Rags fans are deffo annoyed at little brother lately where they were mostly ignored for years.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Chad Sexington posted:

I do enjoy that the Rangers Devils reciprocal hate is back. Devils fans never stopped hating of course but Rags fans are deffo annoyed at little brother lately where they were mostly ignored for years.

Islanders and Pens still beat them out for me but it's been pretty good having that rivalry back.

But I still hate the divisional playoff format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Chad Sexington posted:

It's not like the Rangers were any good before last year either.