Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i bought a combo pack with top gun and maverick so ill prolly watch that tomorrow night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lol I did the same p much. Watched the regional the night before I saw it in the cinema. Danger zone opening ftw

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Using my Christmas break to rewatch Evangelion on blu ray

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Persuasion ftw. Need to read Emma at some point

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Columbo blu ray box set arrived today. a festive impmas bounty

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Sub-Actuality posted:

nice. need to get me one of those

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

any lurkers looking for cred, hmu

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i want to get the one that comes in a cigar box and the dvd spines look like cigars

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

oddium posted:

i want to get the one that comes in a cigar box and the dvd spines look like cigars

Lmao cool.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My coolest blu ray is the Criterion release of Repo Man.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
my coolest bluray is this metropolis steelbook. unfortunately i didnt know it was region b until i tried to watch it and so, i havent seen the movie, even though it also came with a dvd.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
cant you buy the right fuckin region of bluray once in your lfie

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Or buy a region free blu ray player.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Or move to Poland.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I didn't even know blu rays were region locked. I thought we stopped doing that like 15 years ago

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

Or buy a region free blu ray player.

every new playstation im like, “this one will be region-free.” and i try my region b discs in it, and it tells me otherwise.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

every new playstation im like, “this one will be region-free.” and i try my region b discs in it, and it tells me otherwise.

yeah I only know of dedicated players that are region free. And you have to punch in a code on the remote to change the region to match the disc, it's not like it'll just play everything. It's mad stupid.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

4K discs are region free finally. But criterion won’t ship outside the US still lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Watching Fargo again. Perfectly cozy Xmas movie for an endearingly quirky little bitch like Myself.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Watching Fargo again. Perfectly cozy Xmas movie for an endearingly quirky little bitch like Myself.

The main theme that's based on a Norwegian folk song or whatever is so amazing. Carter Burwell never disappoints

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

do you watch the series

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
django bluray came in the mail so i watched it tonight. monstrously good movie

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

do you watch the series

Bounced off it a couple of years ago but thought I'd rewatch the film then give it another go

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

mycophobia posted:

one of the best ever

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mycophobia posted:

hell yeah

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Watching Muppets Christmas Carol, as is tradition since I was a kid. Think my sister still has the entire dialogue memorized

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Just finished watching Black Lagoon while everyone else is asleep waiting for santa. I'm glad the last arc ends with partial misery instead of 100% misery like most of the ones before it did.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Fortaleza posted:

Watching Muppets Christmas Carol, as is tradition since I was a kid. Think my sister still has the entire dialogue memorized

forever hosed up they took out that one song in the rereleases

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fortaleza posted:

Ftw

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fortaleza posted:

I haven't seen that in forever. Maybe tomorrow viewing Methinks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I watched Home Alone at a movie theater two days ago and when Joe Pesci peeks out the window and says "Maybe he committed suicide." the 6 year old in the row behind us whispered "Mommy what does it mean to commit suicide".

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Shin Godzilla. Pogged when the NERV battle theme started playing behind all the Japanese bureaucrats.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I watched Home Alone at a movie theater two days ago and when Joe Pesci peeks out the window and says "Maybe he committed suicide." the 6 year old in the row behind us whispered "Mommy what does it mean to commit suicide".

Lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

P-Mack posted:

Just finished watching Black Lagoon while everyone else is asleep waiting for santa. I'm glad the last arc ends with partial misery instead of 100% misery like most of the ones before it did.

Black lagoon kicks rear end and it makes me mad the guy makes one manga chapter every 6 months or so now

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

You're a little absent-minded, spirit.

No, I'm a LARGE absent-minded spirit! Ohohohoho

Think I'll go as the spirit of Christmas present next halloween that dude rules

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

In Training posted:

lol. ftw

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

Lmao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

In Training posted:

lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

In Training posted:

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

In Training posted:

lol