Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
decided to check out ushio and tora, and holy poo poo is their dynamic really similar to calvin and hobbes. even the female love interest is like susie and has almost the same dynamic with ushio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

goes hard

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

slick as poo poo, who's that

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the female version of hakuno kishinami, main character of the moon cell fate setting, featured in extra and extella. both versions of hakuno are bisexual

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
hakuno as a character is funny cause their writing starts out a bit bland in the first extra game but the whole deal with them is them having to find their own identity as a person because they have super amnesia and know literally nothing about themself or their own worldly attachments. so effectively they go from a blank slate silent protagonist to an utter loving weirdo over the course of extra and ccc

it gets really funny with female hakuno in ccc where she starts out kinda meek and unsure of how to deal with a ton of women fawning over her. and then the main way they contrast her transformation as a person in the back half is that she has become an utter goddamn playboy threading the needle between her constantly growing list of girlfriends and, potentially, literal wife (who she also starts out unsure of how to deal with and then spends every other interaction cuddling and joking with by the end)

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 27, 2023

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/Fiiib1/status/1739343340569567276?s=20

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
someone just OD'd in the bathroom and had to be narcaned 10 times

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

verbal enema posted:

o__O

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
That'd be a terrible way to go. I'm glad they were saved.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

verbal enema posted:

this is how my brother died

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

excellent design but why so small

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
That particular piece of art is from Hakuno's appearance in the Capsule Servant game

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

verbal enema posted:

yikes. glad they made it

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
back from visiting the folks, merry belated christmas anime chat thread posters. thank you for posting about anime and other things on something awful

instead of anime i watched white christmas for the 500th time with my family. danny kaye and vera-ellen are still epic ftw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6y927N2mtk

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Endorph posted:

ibo is poly gundam. bi gundam is code geass

lol

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

merry holidays. frieren anime ftw. see you next time.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

https://twitter.com/TheMediaBingus/status/1739616443472499202
https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1739568439033827528
Hell yeah, new manga by the Aijin author, the second guy who wrote most of it, not the first guy who left.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

RandomReader posted:

https://twitter.com/TheMediaBingus/status/1739616443472499202
https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1739568439033827528
Hell yeah, new manga by the Aijin author, the second guy who wrote most of it, not the first guy who left.

I only see

THE P OOL.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dongicus posted:

merry holidays, dongicus

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Dongicus posted:

Same to you, and the rest of the thread :cheersdoge:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

what game is this

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Southern Cassowary posted:

what game is this

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2088840/Picayune_Dreams/

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

not strictly anime but i watched asteroid city again yesterday, now that's a goddamn movie

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I need to watch that one again by myself so I'm not stuck answering questions from family members who aren't paying attention.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Wes Anderson ftw. surprised Asteroid City reception was apparently less warm than his other movies, i thought it was great

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Me too - I convinced family to see that movie despite them being pretty unadventurous movie watchers and they loved it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sleng Teng posted:

Me too - I convinced family to see that movie despite them being pretty unadventurous movie watchers and they loved it

i saw it a second time with my dad and when we got out and i asked him what he thought all he said was "I liked the roadrunner"

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

this man's favorite movies are Free Guy, World War Z, and the DOOM movie for reference

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it was so good, i can still hardly believe it. gotta watch again at some point to make sure

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

symbolic posted:

i saw it a second time with my dad and when we got out and i asked him what he thought all he said was "I liked the roadrunner"

Lmfao, my dad was similar. Dads ftw

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

That and the funny looking alien

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I didn't like Asteroid City in the theater but I'm willing to give it another shot some time

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Asteroid City didn't make me quite as emotional as, like, The Life Aquatic (though few things do), but there's just so much going on in it. Any time I paused the movie to think about a filmmaking choice (which was frequently) I felt like it was rewarded. It's Anderson weaponizing his own affect, to the point I legitimately think no one else could tell that story.

Incredible film.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I still think my favourite Wes Anderson movie is either Fantastic Mr. Fox or The Grand Budapest Hotel. I liked the parts of Asteroid City I could parse between all the noise in the house.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I've watched Asteroid City three times now and like it more each time I watch it, now it's my favorite Wes by a mile.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
It's easily his best work to me.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I need another year or so of distance (and more rewatches of it and others) but asteroid city is on the short list with GBH, LA and moonrise for me right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Rewatched REDLINE again. I love this movie so much. I watch it every year and I still get tense at the ending. It does so much to just let the world building happen in small ways and doesn’t spell out everything for the audience. I love that there’s definitely a big past between Sonoshee and Machinehead but the movie never tells us exactly what it is because it doesn’t matter to the story it’s currently trying to tell. More movies need to be content with just letting the audience clue in on details and not have to spell everything out.