Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Farg posted:

that last page is yuji stabbing sukuna right? so whats the asspull gonna be

That wasn't Sukuna...it was Nobara, who Sukuna had dressed up as himself. Sukuna is standing behind Yuuji.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

trucutru posted:

They should have just feed 20 jujutsu criminals a finger each and killed them immediately.

But they had to gently caress around to find out.

Remember it’s a literal 1 in a million chance that Sukuna incarnates, the other 999,999 times the person just dies and nothing happens to the finger. Plus Jujutsu Society only ever collected 7 of the Fingers.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Farg posted:

He dodges?

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
he’s gonna disappear and appear suddenly behind him like in the memes

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

All of your criticism also apply to the current fight in JJK and its final moment will feel even less earned.

No

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Farg posted:

About to stab him, has not connected yet.

Taima posted:

- Can swap souls and can apparently hit the soul directly, as his hit against Sukuna earlier implied.
Yuji has not hit Sukuna yet in this fight?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
outside bet: because sukuna is two guys, only his tummy mouth dies

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Farg posted:

Sukuna's been stabbed so many times he's developed stab immunity

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

There is no asspull it just doesn't work because Gege wants Yuji to suffer more.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Sukuna slices his torso to dodge the blade and proceeds to poo poo talk Yuji for thinking he would fall for such a trivial trick.

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 29, 2023

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Farg posted:

Non-sarcastic answer, probably one of these:

It's a lessened effect because it's not Higuruma using the technique.

Sukuna is badly wounded but not insta-killed due to deities being above mortal law or something.

He's weakened enough that Megumi breaks free and Sukuna has to flee while the fused-monster-Tengen-thing comes out and covers for him.

Alternative possibility:

It works, Sukuna dies but Megumi doesn't, also Nobara is alive and they all go out for milkshakes.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

sukuna will simply not be hit by the sword is the obvious answer. it's not like we saw it pierce him or anything

or there'll be something weird like the way the fingers split his soul means the sword kills PARTS of sukuna but he's still alive. regardless of anything else that happens, sukuna isn't going to die from this

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Sukuna dies here, manga ends and the epilogue is spun off into the start of the sequel

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

imagine if sukuna dies in the first chapter of 2024 and we have a year of chapters left with no antagonists

what a wild way to end the series

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My assumption is that it will wound but not destroy him if it hits, enough to get him out of Megumi's body so that Megumi can jump off the nearest tall building get back into action and reveal the true ultimate form of the Ten Shadows.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
i think we'll be lucky if megumi even talks again

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Nobody's talking about how Yuji had half his torso get Dismantled, chunks visibly sloughing off, and he's back to tag-team Big S two pages later.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Conspiratiorist posted:

Nobody's talking about how Yuji had half his torso get Dismantled, chunks visibly sloughing off, and he's back to tag-team Big S two pages later.

He seems to have a hole in his side in the final page. Also I think he was Cleaved cause that's what Sukuna can use in direct contact and it pretty much bypass durability.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Conspiratiorist posted:

I'm just hoping we get another moment as good as the last time Yuji just face tanked full cleave/dismantle.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Yuji is simply too angry to care about being eviscerated right now.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

ChaseSP posted:

Sukuna slices his torso to dodge to blade and proceeds to poo poo talk Yuji for thinking he would fall for such a trivial trick.

hey look i'm doing my gojo impression

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TheHan posted:

i think we'll be lucky if megumi even talks again

If channeling curses and negative feelings and emotions is the name of the game,

Welcome Megumi, the new walking nuclear bomb.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The sword kills Megumi and Sukuna has a cackle

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Andrast posted:

The sword kills Sukuna and Megumi has a cackle

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ChaseSP posted:

Sukuna slices his torso to dodge to blade and proceeds to poo poo talk Yuji for thinking he would fall for such a trivial trick.

Sukuna slices space and gets sucked away, okuyasu-style, avoiding the blade.

Then he does a sick pose

trucutru fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Dec 29, 2023

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Andrast posted:

The sword kills Megumi and Sukuna has a cackle

Megumi knew what he was doing when he didn't return that rental movie

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

trucutru posted:

Sukuna slices space and gets sucked away, okuyasu-style, avoiding the blade.

Then he does a sick pose

Don't forget the panels filling up with ゴゴゴゴ

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yuji has not hit Sukuna yet in this fight?

Sorry this is going to look like poo poo probably because I use an HDR monitor and Win11 hates HDR screenshots but Yuji absolutely hits Sukuna and it is heavily implied that he whacked his soul or something equally nuts:

I will grant that it's not 100% sure that his soul was hit directly but that seems to be the inference to me at least :shrug:

Regardless he def does hit the dude, and Sukuna staggers and goes "wtf was that poo poo" so something new and powerful related to his fists or general improved technique is being heavily implied here. There is zero doubt that it will be important.

Conspiratiorist posted:

Yep, that's what I meant when I said:

- Apparently has amazing RCT if, uh, "recent events" are to be believed

There's no explanation I can think of other than Yuji rockin RCT, and really, really good RCT, honestly a little rear end pulley but we'll see what happens. It was clear for the entire manga that Yuji needed RCT if he was truly going to back up the logical conclusion of his "get hosed up and come back every time" fighting style, it was only a question of when imo

And I still think his combination of being heavenly restricted, while also having access to seemingly even the most difficult parts of CE jujutsu, is insanely overpowered and probably what wins them the fight in the end.

ImpAtom posted:

I guess the other possible explanation is that like Sukuna he actually became a curse.

Oh gently caress. Dude you are on fire. Is that what the new arms could mean?!

Taima fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Dec 29, 2023

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I guess the other possible explanation is that like Sukuna he actually became a curse.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
uraume jumps out at the last second and takes the blade for their master. now sukuna gets the the pachinko machine info dump and Cleaves himself out of existence

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Taima posted:

Sorry this is going to look like poo poo probably because I use an HDR monitor and Win11 hates HDR screenshots but Yuji absolutely hits Sukuna and it is heavily implied that he whacked his soul or something equally nuts:

I will grant that it's not 100% sure that his soul was hit directly but that seems to be the inference to me at least :shrug:

Regardless he def does hit the dude, and Sukuna staggers and goes "wtf was that poo poo" so something new and powerful related to his fists or general improved technique is being heavily implied here. There is zero doubt that it will be important.

Yep, that's what I meant when I said:

- Apparently has amazing RCT if, uh, "recent events" are to be believed

There's no explanation I can think of other than Yuji rockin RCT, and really, really good RCT, honestly a little rear end pulley but we'll see what happens. It was clear for the entire manga that Yuji needed RCT if he was truly going to back up the logical conclusion of his "get hosed up and come back every time" fighting style, it was only a question of when imo

And I still think his combination of being heavenly restricted, while also having access to seemingly even the most difficult parts of CE jujutsu, is insanely overpowered and probably what wins them the fight in the end.

Oh gently caress. Dude you are on fire. Is that what the new arms could mean?!

wait who's new arms? I didn't see a third arm on Yuji but we knew Sukuna had become a curse

I think Sukuna has a weakness, as a curse, the protags don't quite realize yet

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Couldn't Sukuna be feeling something weird because of Yuji being able to perceive the shape of souls? If it worked against Mahito it definitely would work against the guy who was inside him for about a year.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

wait who's new arms? I didn't see a third arm on Yuji but we knew Sukuna had become a curse

Yuji has new arms. Not extra ones. They're just, like, totally new and different and to Imp's point, could definitely be some kind of curse fusion.

Brought To You By posted:

Couldn't Sukuna be feeling something weird because of Yuji being able to perceive the shape of souls? If it worked against Mahito it definitely would work against the guy who was inside him for about a year.

The way it's very directly and carefully portrayed in the manga as something interesting and new is imo, proof enough that something is going on here, and if that isn't enough, the man has new forearms and fists lol

Sukuna goes out of his way to be surprised. He was in Yuji, he knows what's up with Yuji up until he moves to Meguna.

e: I should post the arms i guess. In this image he has one but I'm pretty sure they're both like this in the recent manga panels:

MonsterEnvy posted:

Oh ok, I just didn’t consider attacks he blocked to be hits.

Oh, I mean, I suppose that's fair. He hits Sukuna and fucks him up enough for him to go "whoa wtf" :shrug: the main thrust of whatever he is accomplishing there was not blocked.

With any luck that foreshadow will be explained in the next chapter or two.

Taima fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Dec 29, 2023

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Taima posted:

Oh ok, I just didn’t consider attacks he blocked to be hits.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Taima posted:

Yuji has new arms. Not extra ones. They're just, like, totally new and different and to Imp's point, could definitely be some kind of curse fusion.

The way it's very directly and carefully portrayed in the manga as something interesting and new is imo, proof enough that something is going on here, and if that isn't enough, the man has new forearms and fists lol

Sukuna goes out of his way to be surprised. He was in Yuji, he knows what's up with Yuji up until he moves to Meguna.

e: I should post the arms i guess. In this image he has one but I'm pretty sure they're both like this in the recent manga panels:

Oh, I mean, I suppose that's fair. He hits Sukuna and fucks him up enough for him to go "whoa wtf" :shrug: the main thrust of whatever he is accomplishing there was not blocked.

With any luck that foreshadow will be explained in the next chapter or two.

oh sorry I thought that's a given. like I didn't think we needed a visual indicator that Yuji has new tricks up his sleeve considering we've been shown they have been training this whole time. the arms are just the visual metaphor for that

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
It's also confirmed yuji can swap souls. He could be trying to swap with megumi, and since yuji is sukuna's cage he can hold him down and let megumi in yuji's body kill them both with the executioner's sword (since yuji also has a death sentence lingering).

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

there has been no other manga that has left me as confused often when i read other people talk about it. what do you mean yuji can swap souls??

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I'm convinced this manga lives and dies off of completely bogus powerscaling and theoretical power discourse like no other battle manga before it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

there has been no other manga that has left me as confused often when i read other people talk about it. what do you mean yuji can swap souls??

In the leadup up to the big current fight there's a scene where he is sparring with Kusakabe, but the dialogue is Yuji saying to Kusakabe "Itadori... master it already!" and Kusakabe responds with OSU which is usually one of Itadori's lines. People have taken this as confirmation he can swap souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

grieving for Gandalf posted: