Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Jack B Nimble posted:

In particular he seemed to be getting back control off both the throws so it's possible he was trying that more than competing with me in stand up.

I absolutely love maki-komi in judo because its basically always there, and once you slam them you don't need to worry about the fallout, but in bjj I don't like using it as much because you have to basically bury the guy with it or else your back is getting taken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah, he straight up told me he pulled a sort of back half guard off the maki comi, but he also offered the advice that if I'd pulled my left hand free (he took up a sleeve grip off of my left hand post) he thinks I should hage been able to turn to just be in top half guard instead of how I got stuck behind him.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Tacos Al Pastor posted:

I love the choi bar, so many different places to catch it from: butterfly, close guard, open guard (lachlan seems to like that one) and my favorite: from mount.

One of the blue belts asked the coach here "Hey, what are some entries into the choi bar" and the coach laughed and said "The choi bar IS the entry from every position" which blew the blue belts mind XD

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

L0cke17 posted:

One of the blue belts asked the coach here "Hey, what are some entries into the choi bar" and the coach laughed and said "The choi bar IS the entry from every position" which blew the blue belts mind XD

Coach nailed it.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Count Roland posted:

White gis are for formal occasions only

What's a formal occasiom in bjj, when your instructor trusts you enough to roll the blunt...?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bjj guys don't roll blunts too much tobacco, they do volcanos.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
apparently former UFC Flyweight champion and current ONE FC Bantamweight champion Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson was at IBJJF Masters Worlds a few months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNSsCVGrUb0

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Buschmaki posted:

What's a formal occasiom in bjj, when your instructor trusts you enough to roll the blunt...?

Promotions, team day, photo day etc

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Count Roland posted:

Promotions, team day, photo day etc

I see...

Thought I'd be one of the cool takedown guys when I started bjj, but rolled with a guy who's like a judoka and got so scared I pulled guard. then it clicked, pulling guard is mega ftw

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Mekchu posted:

apparently former UFC Flyweight champion and current ONE FC Bantamweight champion Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson was at IBJJF Masters Worlds a few months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNSsCVGrUb0

brown belt huh

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Mechafunkzilla posted:

brown belt huh

Not empty quoting.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Buschmaki posted:

I see...

Thought I'd be one of the cool takedown guys when I started bjj, but rolled with a guy who's like a judoka and got so scared I pulled guard. then it clicked, pulling guard is mega ftw

ya guard pulling is epic and based

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

my standing game is weak af so any time I get to a point where I feel stuck or stalled out I just pull guard to get things going again. pulling guard is fun!

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
As someone who always wants to practice their stand up I'm never, ever disappointed that someone wants to pull*, because that's a legitimate move I can get practice in working against; going straight into a knee slice pass, or stepping before you're ready, etc. It's got the same broad context of any other standing technique, reading or creating the room right moment and then beating your opponent to your move.

*(If I look disappointed, it's because you pulled me into closed guard and already halfway done sweeping because you're better at pulling than I am reading an incoming pull.)

My BJJ professor confirmed he's not letting me take him down to get a back control position, I'm just getting better and better. I don't think he's taken me down once in the last several classes. His wife, my main coach and the gym owner, though, is still an absolute riddle. She stuffs or avoids everything I do and then gets me with one of several quick, decisive moves. I'll have to get some recordings of me and her some time; she has serious aspirations of winning black belt worlds and is quite competitive when she's serious.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 3, 2024

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mechafunkzilla posted:

brown belt huh

Hm yeah wasn't he like marketed as mega BB when he was in the UFC?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Jack B Nimble posted:

As someone who always wants to practice their stand up I'm never, ever disappointed that someone wants to pull*

My goal was to start from the top position, so if someone obliges by pulling guard that's fine.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

CommonShore posted:

Hm yeah wasn't he like marketed as mega BB when he was in the UFC?

Remember that time he armbar'd a guy when both were mid-air? That was cool.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Long shot q: any gyms in Leavenworth, Kansas? I’ve found quite a few in KC but that will be too far a drive for me

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grappling with January 2024

We did it. We survived the week long binge of Christmas dinners, cookies, ginger bread houses, and copious amounts of champagne to close off 2023. Sorry, what’s that? There are other people out there that didn’t put on 3 kilos of weight eating sweets because they’ve been dieting and training for tournaments the second week of 2024? *sigh* I guess I’ll get up off the couch and do a rundown of these events, but I’m not putting away the snicker doodles while I do it.

Jiu Jitsu

Event: Abu Dhabi Grand Slam Jiu Jitsu World Tour
When: January 14, 2024
Venue: Ota Gymnasium, Tokyo, Japan
How to watch: AJPTour.tv

One thing I mentioned in my recent article was that I felt that jiu jitsu, as a whole, does not really have a proper professional or organized sports body compared to that of judo. Sure, jiu jitsu has the IBJJF but realistically I don’t think anyone would call what they do, well, very impressive. Stuff like ADCC has, in my opinion, overtaken the IBJJF as THE organizing body for no-gi jiu jitsu. However that’s just one half of the jiu jitsu puzzle, ironically though its another Abu Dhabi based organization that has more or less become in some respects the top professional gi jiu jitsu organization. The Abu Dhabi Jiu Jitsu Pro is another organization hailing from an oil rich country that well…look just go read Karim Zidan’s Sports Politika for more info on why being tied to the United Arab Emirates is a thing worth noting. He is far more skilled at explaining the nuances of it.

With that said, AJP has been described by a lot of top level gi practitioners as one of the best organizations to do events at as an athlete. Things are smoothly ran, the event facilities are apparently well laid out and maintained, athletes are compensated (unlike IBJJF) for their matches at the “professional” tier, and aside from dealing with timezone differences their streams are actually watchable and not bogged down with technical issues.

In essence, AJP is seemingly trying to become the gi jiu jitsu equivalent of the International Judo Federation (IJF) for the sport and are succeeding. They’re hosting events at various locations around the world with future events in 2024 being in Rome, Abu Dhabi, Sao Paolo, Sydney, and the Netherlands that seems to mirror the large IJF Grand Slam and other top competitions for judo. In addition, much like the IJF, the AJP also runs a teams competition format akin to the IJF Mixed Teams or wrestling dual meet. A format that I have professed as being probably the best way to get spectators to watch jiu jitsu in general, and ease them into the individual competition formats.

While watching gi jiu jitsu has been long considered a relatively boring prospect compared to no-gi, AJP has been able to attract some of the worlds top competitors which in turn leads to exciting matches. IBJJF wants to be what AJP is, but AJP is doing it better in my view.

So with that said, the AJP Grand Slam in Tokyo should be a good event. I’d recommend just watching the Professionals division for the higher caliber matches.

Judo

As hinted at in my retrospective for 2023, I stated I wanted to do a bit more write ups for events in grappling I think are worth watching and to solely focus on jiu jitsu events would be both light in content, and also somewhat boring. Jiu jitsu as a sport is great, but I also feel that if you enjoy jiu jitsu then you should be able to enjoy other grappling focused martial arts which is why in 2024 I’m going to make an effort to try to watch (and even learn) more judo than in previous years. Which brings us to the first big judo event in 2024, just a few months ahead of the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris later this year.

Event: IJF Grand Prix Portugal 2024
When: January 26 to 28th, 2024
Venue: Pavilhão Multiusos de Odivelas, Odivelas, Portugal
How to watch: JudoTV.com

The IJF Grand Prix/Grand Slam series of events always seemed to stick out to me. I’m not a judo expert, Neal is, but this year I am going to try my hand at the sport in a more concerted effort.

With that said, 2024 is also an Olympics year meaning judoka vying for entrance into the games in Paris need to rack up points to get accepted. How does one do that? Well, from what I understand of the system, in the IJF you get points depending on how well you do in any of their big international tournaments like the Grand Prix Portugal. Placing high in the tournament gets you more points towards your Olympic qualification.

That means that from now until a bit later in the year we’ll probably see a lot of intense and competitive matches amongst the athletes who are just on the edge of qualifying. It makes for potentially great highlights, but also an opportunity to watch judo at a higher caliber than say in a year where the Olympics aren’t being held.

With nearly 300 judoka competing, this should be a good event and even if you don’t watch live you can always check out the highlights on YouTube as there are a host of channels (such as Non-stop Newaza, Judo Highlights, and Judo Fights) who all upload content from the events shortly after they occur.

Sumo

Event: Tokyo Grand Sumo Tournament (Hatsu Basho) 2024
When: January 14 to 28th, 2024
Venue: Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo, Japan
How to watch: NHK (Japanese TV network) or Twitch.tv*
*Note: The Twitch.TV streams are technically not in accordance with the broadcast rights, and may be taken down via DMCA/copyright strikes. This is, aside from using a VPN, one of the only reliable ways to watch sumo live outside of Japan.

OK, so I may have been wrong about ALL the athletes having to diet during the holidays since sumo guys well…I’m sure they do diet but they’re probably not having to cut a whole bunch of weight all the time like judokas and jiu jitsu people do.

Every January the Hatsu Basho or Tokyo Grand Sumo Tournament brings in all the majesty and ritual we love about sumo in just the second week of the new year. Sumo is, genuinely, one of the most easy to watch sports in terms of grappling and if you’re not familiar with the nuances of sumo just check out the Big Boy’s Primer to Sumo I wrote last year. It’ll catch you up on some of the more importent elements, the rest you’ll pick up as you watch.

This year we are entering with only one Yokozuna, Terunofuji, which isn’t hugely important but something I wanted to point out as Terunofuji is pretty good overall. The three Ozeki, the rank under Yokozuna, are all trying to get that prestigious rank and join Terunofuji at the top of the sumo mountain.

Sumo tournaments last for two weeks, with each competitor only having one match per day meaning even if you miss a day or two you’re not too far behind. Being as into grappling as I am, I can’t explain to you why and how watching sumo is just so satisfying aside from saying that it really is something amazing to watch a rikishi (sumo wrestler) do a hip toss of a guy who is around 150 kilograms or more. For a rundown of the rankings for the tournament (banzuke) I really recommend Salt City Sumo’s breakdown on as its relatively easy to understand and digest.

The hardest part of sumo watching really is just getting access. The TV rights are held very tighly by NHK, a TV broadcaster in Japan, meaning any attempts to restream it, reupload the events, etc. are met with issues where copyright law is being violated. Even though non-Japanese audiences will gladly pay for access to the sumo events, NHK seems disinterested in catering to that market for the most part so you’ll have to scour YouTube and other sites to get some of the content if you can’t watch live or through a VPN. It’s annoying, but worth the effort.

Also you should check out the sumo thread if you want to get your general questions answered or learn more about the sport. It's good!

And those are the major grappling events of January 2024, just a taste of pretty much everything there is to see or experience in these very interlinked sports.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Nice write up!

I wish I had more time in a week to watch grappling. Maybe I could if I organized my time better and made it a priority...

Nah, that would never work!

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

Learned the coolest takedown from an arm drag the other night in my nogi class. Immediately put it into test in sparring and hit the takedown twice. I love the simple ones!

The setup is this: block a collar tie and turn it into an arm drag. Now drop your shoulder into his and switch hands so that your right hand that was pulling on the back of the arm blocks the near side leg and your opposite hand is the back of the arm. Take a step back and drop your opponent. Apparently this move is based off some old school Judo move but Im not sure which one. Maybe one of the Judokas here can elaborate. Ill try and find video of the move.

Here it is, although I switch grips before I tap the knee:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12ooXa3Ry-w

Tacos Al Pastor fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jan 4, 2024

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Tacos Al Pastor posted:

Learned the coolest takedown from an arm drag the other night in my nogi class. Immediately put it into test in sparring and hit the takedown twice. I love the simple ones!

The setup is this: block a collar tie and turn it into an arm drag. Now drop your shoulder into his and switch hands so that your right hand that was pulling on the back of the arm blocks the near side leg and your opposite hand is the back of the arm. Take a step back and drop your opponent. Apparently this move is based off some old school Judo move but Im not sure which one. Maybe one of the Judokas here can elaborate. Ill try and find video of the move.

Here it is, although I switch grips before I tap the knee:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12ooXa3Ry-w

Yeah love this one. No idea where it was popularized from, but probably many places since it's so simple but works!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
It's called shou bie (hand block) in shuaijiao, and I assume that was developed independently of judo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoFJ-_b0OWI
The intro to the video makes by now the well established point that shuaijao came from Mongolian bokh, but doesn't show an actual Qing era bie throw in painting. Modern Mongolian bokh does have the technique.

There's a variant where you penetrate with a step inside their stance (first demo in the vid).
That variant comes from a tai otoshi like throw where your hands just keep jacket grips instead of one dropping for the knee tap.

The bie variant is obviously more suited to nogi and even works with boxing gloves on for sanshou.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Cowering behind a shield of hope and Obamanium
It's a variation of kuchiki taoshi (one hand drop), which is basically a lot of different variations of single leg type take downs grabbing both to the inside and outside. This clip shows a standard combo off a failed ippon seoi nage which works well if you can time it because they are throwing their weight back to stuff the first throw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UZsFaJrAgM&t=137s

There's a branch of judo called zen judo that has something very similar and they call it te hiza sasae which is good descriptive name (hand knee block).

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

Very interesting! Thanks both for sharing. Looks kuchiki taoshi is just slightly different, but the grabbing on the back of the leg I like too

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
kuchiki seems to emphasize pulling the knee into you for the reap, not being particular about which side you grab, and even pushing their torso away.
shou bie specifically blocks the outside as you maintain your pulling/twisting over that blocked knee. It definitely wouldn't work if they successfully lean their weight back against your pull or base out with the attacked leg, where as that seesm ideal for kuchiki.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Got my first aggressive foot sweep today in bjj. Got Okuri Ashi Harai, it was so slick I was so stunned that I wasnt able to take advantage. Like he was standing and then suddenly he was on the floor. I have only ever hit a foot sweep from a counter, and this was the first direct attack foot sweep that has ever worked for me.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
Nice, man. A smooth okuri ashi harai feels like magic.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Mekchu posted:

Sumo
How to watch: NHK (Japanese TV network) or Twitch.tv*
*Note: The Twitch.TV streams are technically not in accordance with the broadcast rights, and may be taken down via DMCA/copyright strikes. This is, aside from using a VPN, one of the only reliable ways to watch sumo live outside of Japan.[/i]

there's a couple of youtube channels that do daily wrap ups of every match if you don't need to watch live

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

starkebn posted:

there's a couple of youtube channels that do daily wrap ups of every match if you don't need to watch live

yeah but the one i usually use gets shut down every other event so i can never remember to find their new channel etc.

nattosumo is the name iirc

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Mekchu posted:

yeah but the one i usually use gets shut down every other event so i can never remember to find their new channel etc.

nattosumo is the name iirc

it's a shame they don't provide the service themselves, they'd rather just strike a fan

:capitalism:

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

hey grapple gang!

so my coach moved away and he was the only coach in the org really focused on competition. we used to drill a lot outside of class and he always cornered me. curious if y'all have any tips for how i can prepare for comps by myself now.

i attend class 4x a week and one open mat. there's 5 gyms in the org, all within driving distance. lots of good coaches, some black belts and upper belts, but it's mostly a hobby kinda gym. i did have one coach say he'd corner me when i compete. also another coach at the closest gym (ex-wrestler) said he'd be happy to start a weekly comp class if we could get 8 people to train consistently. that's going to be difficult as there's only maybe 4-5 people who ever compete and they don't do it but maybe once every year or two.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

knuthgrush posted:

hey grapple gang!

so my coach moved away and he was the only coach in the org really focused on competition. we used to drill a lot outside of class and he always cornered me. curious if y'all have any tips for how i can prepare for comps by myself now.

This depends on a lot of factors, but the short answer is just keep going to class, hit the weight room, and get your cardio in. The long answer depends on how serious you're taking competition? Like are you prepared to drop weight classes and drat near kill yourself to do the mundials or do you just want to be kinda respectable at local stuff?

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Defenestrategy posted:

This depends on a lot of factors, but the short answer is just keep going to class, hit the weight room, and get your cardio in. The long answer depends on how serious you're taking competition? Like are you prepared to drop weight classes and drat near kill yourself to do the mundials or do you just want to be kinda respectable at local stuff?

I'm already doing those three things. I sadly don't have the time to go do mundials etc that but I do intend to get to an IBJJF event this year. I wish I could reach that level of competition but the ship has probably sailed long ago. I'm a 40 year old blue belt (just started about 3ish years ago) so I fear that my only option is to be respectable at the local stuff. There's a little more nuance here, I think. It seems like the over 40 crowd in my local comp scene is in the over 200lbs division (I'm 165lbs). It's rare that I get a fair fight. I'm usually bumped down an age group and up a weight class when I do compete.

Another issue is that the gym I'm in for classes is all white belts and the new coach is a blue belt. I can learn a lot from him still because he's got a competitive wrestling background and should probably be a purple belt but he rarely rolls. The only white belts that give me much trouble are the ones that are substantially heavier than me. There's a couple of dudes my size that are a good match but they don't attend often.

My previous coach was also doing my nutrition and workouts as well but I've got that figured out, I think. He left me with a lot of good resources. I'm thinking I might swap out some of my classes at the nearest gym with classes in other gyms that have higher ranked folks. I might also see if some of the black belts are doing private lessons.

I've done a handful of tournaments and while I've mostly had losses, I feel like I was really starting to feel comfortable with it and improve. I think a lot of that came from my previous coach's energy and how hard I was pushed. I want to keep that momentum somehow.

At the moment I'm trying to focus hard on my movement with drilling, keep on top of nutrition/exercise/sleep, try to start my rolls in bad positions, pester the upper belts when they'll lend me an ear, and watch what videos I can.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

knuthgrush posted:

. I'm a 40 year old blue belt

Stay healthy, lift more weights, and do more cardio than you already do. You'll get a ton of mileage out of just being physically stronger even if you drop down to Masters 1 Blue Belts with weight disadvantage. Other than that just roll a bunch, doesn't really matter how good or bad, weight class, or whatever just have a game plan you want to work on for the tournament and then literally just roll that way. If your game plan is to pull guard, go into single leg x, and finish with a ankle lock, literally just do that over and over and over again, eventually even the people who are lower skilled are going to be able to deal with holes in your game and pick apart any kind of weakness in it eventually, and that will improve your main game. In my opinion it's not the most intellectually stimulating or fun way of rolling, but just having a game plan and doing it gives you a huge advantage in lower level tournament play.

One of my training partners is in Masters 4 and routinely gets bumped down to Masters 3 and has been competing in decently high level tournament play and he's not the most technically saavy person, but he basically wins because he's physically far healthier than the competition and he works a game he's been doing forever.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 5, 2024

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Defenestrategy posted:

Stay healthy, lift more weights, and do more cardio than you already do. You'll get a ton of mileage out of just being physically stronger even if you drop down to Masters 1 Blue Belts with weight disadvantage. Other than that just roll a bunch, doesn't really matter how good or bad, weight class, or whatever just have a game plan you want to work on for the tournament and then literally just roll that way. If your game plan is to pull guard, go into single leg x, and finish with a ankle lock, literally just do that over and over and over again, eventually even the people who are lower skilled are going to be able to deal with holes in your game and pick apart any kind of weakness in it eventually, and that will improve your main game. In my opinion it's not the most intellectually stimulating or fun way of rolling, but just having a game plan and doing it gives you a huge advantage in lower level tournament play.

One of my training partners is in Masters 4 and routinely gets bumped down to Masters 3 and has been competing in decently high level tournament play and he's not the most technically saavy person, but he basically wins because he's physically far healthier than the competition and he works a game he's been doing forever.

outstanding advice! thanks for taking the time to respond.

i'm pretty good at dealing with a grind so i like this plan.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Alright, I think I found foot sweeps are my thing now.

Learned an entry for this today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23ATiD6TsZs

where you basically step forward for an Ouchi gari attempt and as your opponent steps back to not get ouchi'ed you hit that sweep. So sick.

edit:
this exactly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L94euN8tQks

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jan 6, 2024

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

starkebn posted:

it's a shame they don't provide the service themselves, they'd rather just strike a fan

:capitalism:

yeah its really annoying, its an easy fix

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

Defenestrategy posted:

Alright, I think I found foot sweeps are my thing now.

I love foot sweeps but its all about timing. Def popular right now. C. Jones, Issac Michell, Mica Galvao...love watching these guys hit one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
foot sweeps are cool and good and i suggest you gust try the collar tie to russian tie to foot sweep combo. i'll eventually get it to work myself but its been fun working on the collar tie to russian tie lately.

specifically this sort of sequence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRBe9mHAqms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UehNAhi2JU

also AIGA Global are going to various places around the world in 2024. they're the ones who do the Wrestling Duals style team matches but for jiu jitsu. Sadly its on Flo and not free on YouTube anymore.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1uhdxCtsgi/?img_index=1

Prize pot for the season is $1mil USD (supposedly)

March 2-3 - Turkey
May - Brazil
October - USA
December - Thailand

Season finals (idk when) - Almaty, Kazakhstan

They're also doing a sort of qualifiers event series for teams to get into the proper season

Qualifier in China - 1 team selected
Qualifier in Turkey - 1 team selected
Qualifier in Brazil - 1 team selected
Qualifier in USA - 2 teams selected

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxDk0pyKMjg/

(please note they used "This is America" by Childish Gambino to promote the USA section of the video which is hilarious)

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jan 7, 2024