Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

He's gonna make the loving χ-blade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

Miching Mallecho posted:

No she isn't, the last thing she has on her instagram and twitter is her showing off her ABS (respectfully:hai:)

If it's a clip of her spinning around Phil to end up in the black widow then that's an old clip of them training for the Starz Show Heels, which got cancelled.

gently caress Starz for cancelling and getting rid of Shining Vale

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

sorry shawn I'm still gonna call it twitter

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Hell I'll quote Mox himself:

I can't recommend the book highly enough, especially the audiobook which is read by Mox himself. The best wrestling book I've ever read.

It really is great. It reads like he’s pacing your living room just venting to you

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

siriuslysomething posted:

Yeah this book single handedly got me back into watching wrestling (AEW and WWE). Been trying to find other good wrestling books.

Mick Foley's books, especially Have A Nice Day and Foley Is Good, are excellent. I'm fond of The Hardcore Diaries as well as it is one of the ones that got me into wrestling and I love the discussion of behind the scenes story stuff but I know it's hit or miss for a lot of people. Bret Hart's book, Hitman, is also great if long and Bret himself is an... interesting figure. Bryan Danielson/Daniel Bryan's book is a solid read as well, as is Adam Copeland On Edge. And if you want something totally different, Box Brown's graphic novel biography of Andre the Giant is fantastic.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I can't remember if its Foley is Good or Have a Nice Day because I read them back to back but one of them ends with a like 70 page appendix that is a point for point timecoded refutation of all the lies in the Parents Television Council report on the evil content of WWE that was my personal first exposure at like 13 to that kind of now YouTube famous "pwned with FACTS and LOGIC" takedown

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

I avoided Hardcore Diaries because of it's awful reputation. Read it this year and it's worse than people say it is. Crushing lack of self awareness thoughout, and crosses the line from comically thirsty to borderline sexual harassment.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That is exactly what I'm doing. Not with any serious intent, but it's going to be fun to find out if you run the lifetime matchups for all the wrestlers on CageMatch, how do they shake out.

The WWE's house shows are going to gently caress up the rankings pretty bad, considering they run the same matches over and over with the same results each time.

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Mick Foley's books, especially Have A Nice Day and Foley Is Good, are excellent. I'm fond of The Hardcore Diaries as well as it is one of the ones that got me into wrestling and I love the discussion of behind the scenes story stuff but I know it's hit or miss for a lot of people. Bret Hart's book, Hitman, is also great if long and Bret himself is an... interesting figure. Bryan Danielson/Daniel Bryan's book is a solid read as well, as is Adam Copeland On Edge. And if you want something totally different, Box Brown's graphic novel biography of Andre the Giant is fantastic.

Thanks for this. Will check them out.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It’s very funny to me that he wouldn’t pay for the non-watermarked version or just make his own version quickly in photoshop or something

bartok
May 10, 2006

I hate to recommend it now but I remember really enjoying Chris Jericho's first autobiography.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

bartok posted:

I hate to recommend it now but I remember really enjoying Chris Jericho's first autobiography.

One of the best wrestling autobiographies. I liked the second one too but the Fozzy chapters really bogged it down.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

bartok posted:

Yeah it was good. A really funny Cena story still sticks out from it in my memory of Cena outdrinking everyone at a bar night in a hotel, Cena fireman carrying Jericho to his room, and Jericho later waking to find himself having been tucked into bed while Cena sat in the corner of the dark room, listening to Jericho’s iPod while drinking the beer Jericho had stashed in his room.

e: also some good insane Vince stories

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 minutes!

fart blood posted:

One of the best wrestling autobiographies. I liked the second one too but the Fozzy chapters really bogged it down.

I think at some point I started skipping the Fozzy chapters bc who gives a poo poo

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Jericho’s first book was great but only goes up to the moment he walked out of the curtain for the first time on Raw, and then every subsequent book got shittier and shittier as Fozzy became more prominent and he wouldn’t stop writing about how cool and hilarious Drunkicho was and calling things ‘froot’

I tapped out at either the third or fourth book, whichever one he wrote about doing tribute to the troops in.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Bret’s book is also good but he sure writes about pee a lot.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The latest Jericho book, that match journal thing, seemed kinda cool as a concept. I never got it though because it was like 50 bucks for a pdf lol

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Yeah, Danielson's book is real good except a part of it is some weird WWE fluff written by someone else and it shows. But the parts by Danielson are v. good. Foley's first book is also real good. I didn't even know Bret had a book, but now I'm gonna have to buy it seeing as my love for the Hitman is second only to FTR's.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Go find a copy of Diana Hart's insanely libelous book Under the Mat.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

I can't remember if its Foley is Good or Have a Nice Day because I read them back to back but one of them ends with a like 70 page appendix that is a point for point timecoded refutation of all the lies in the Parents Television Council report on the evil content of WWE that was my personal first exposure at like 13 to that kind of now YouTube famous "pwned with FACTS and LOGIC" takedown

that's Foley is Good

where he discovers that Austin chugging beers is counted as "drug use"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Julio Cruz posted:

that's Foley is Good

where he discovers that Austin chugging beers is counted as "drug use"

My favorite is every single wrist movement in X-Pac's machine gun crotch chops, as well as the green X pyro itself were all separate and individual Explicit Sexual Acts, like Jacqueline flashing the crowd that one time.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Who do we think the former WWE champion returning tonight will be? The Rock? Stone Cold? Brock Lesnar? I am excited to watch and find out

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Who do we think the former WWE champion returning tonight will be? The Rock? Stone Cold? Brock Lesnar? I am excited to watch and find out

Dwayne

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Rey Mysterio.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Did Andrade win any main roster titles? PWInsider is saying he'll be back like immediately

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
William Regals book is very underrated.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The_Rob posted:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Intruder posted:

sorry vince I'm still gonna call it wwf

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i only finally got brets book last year and read it. its a great book full of neat stories about his hosed up life and family, he doesn't shy away from a lot.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The_Rob posted:

Yeah this is another really good one. He’s very honest about what a fuckup he was for a while there with his addiction issues.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/JustinWhang/status/1741905364184973399

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

okay that’s pretty funny

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/Fightful/status/1741927392975659049?s=20

i really hope they let this man finish his story

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I've never read Foley's books so in my imagination, his Melina thirst obsession comes in the form of the various brief asides in Moxley's book.

Is it the Bret book that mentions pissing way more than you'd expect?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 minutes!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://x.com/Fightful/status/1741927392975659049?s=20

i really hope they let this man finish his story

I hope they don't

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The_Rob posted:

Yeah, it was pretty great.

TheKingslayer posted:

Go find a copy of Diana Hart's insanely libelous book Under the Mat.

I remember finding someone had posted it as Facebook notes years & years ago. It was sure a wild read.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

dromal phrenia posted:

I've never read Foley's books so in my imagination, his Melina thirst obsession comes in the form of the various brief asides in Moxley's book.

Is it the Bret book that mentions pissing way more than you'd expect?

Yeah it is

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

100 precent foley is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bartok posted:

gently caress Starz for cancelling and getting rid of Shining Vale