Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Finally beat the final Gold Comet map in Advance Wars 2 on the ol' switch. These later maps have been such a bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Spice and Wolf will be starting in April per the official site

https://spice-and-wolf.com/news/detail_240101_03.html

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

already watched it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Southern Cassowary posted:

i finished the show this morning

i liked her arc about trying to compete with aoi and failing to get one over on her, i thought it was an effective device for a lot of what the series has to say about our place in society and self-improvement. she's a good character, i think, her comic bits are just kind of weird and gross. is her manga easy to pick up if you've only seen the first season and haven't read the novels?

i think the manga touches on some stuff from the novels but i read it without having read them and followed it fine

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Thought hey..it's the third..Surely it won't be crazy busy at Kanda Shrine today right?

{don't ever let me plan a trip for anybody}

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Love

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Waffleman_ posted:

Spice and Wolf will be starting in April per the official site

https://spice-and-wolf.com/news/detail_240101_03.html

It's my favorite anime that sounds like the name of a cartoon law firm.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1742431340836868151?t=WcPywHHfnY1HQZcmFjWjqA&s=19

More Space Battleship Yamato coming

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1742582384648712664?s=20

Feels like this is the first I'm hearing about the Great Pretender follow-up being a movie and not a show

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i will not be taking you, sorry. i am breaking the rules.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I have never seen the Great Pretender nor do I know what it is about (and I don't want to know!) but heck, if the movie screens near me then I'll see it.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I wont pretend to give a poo poo. Farewell.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

its a very good looking show, they dont even have to glow it up for the movie

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Great Pretender is fine if you like those kinds of stories, but if you don't then it can get insufferable very fast.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Anyone know if Toriyama's Sand Land can be streamed anywhere yet

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

doesnt look like it, all i see is 'coming to north america in 2024'

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sand Lad

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Arc Hammer posted:

Great Pretender is fine if you like those kinds of stories, but if you don't then it can get insufferable very fast.

What sort of story is it?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
It's a conman thing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Buschmaki posted:

Spoilers for Srice's sake.

It's a mix of heist and con artists in the vein of the Oceans movies or the Now You See Me films. Lots of sleight of hand, fakeouts and reveals of cons within cons where what you see isn't always what is actually happening. It can get very convoluted even if the gigs they pull off do make sense in the end, but I think how well you vibe with the show depends on your tolerance for frequent "aha, it was actually this!"-type reveals. It wore thin pretty fast for me, but if youre into conman stories then have at it.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 3, 2024

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Buschmaki posted:

Conman story where the MC usually isn't fully in on the con usually to his detriment

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
If I never had to mark/comment on another essay in my life that would be great. Yes I get a 2 week “vacation” where the vacation is “I get to work without being interrupted.”

The bright side is in another year or two my workload starts to reduce when I’ve got the process down a bit more.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Kild posted:

Conman story where the MC usually isn't fully in on the con usually to his detriment

the only conman here is you, conning me out of my time with these lovely posts. Farewell,

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

It seems FMP is getting a new novel. Can't say I saw that one coming. Apparently takes place 20 years after the end of the original series.

https://x.com/fantasia_bunko/status/1681861573537824769?s=20

Here's the 1st volume cover.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Lord Koth posted:

It seems FMP is getting a new novel. Can't say I saw that one coming. Apparently takes place 20 years after the end of the original series.

https://x.com/fantasia_bunko/status/1681861573537824769?s=20

Here's the 1st volume cover.

Aww man, this gets my hopes up again for a final season. All the original LNs got official translations so I've been thinking of picking them up, but maybe I can wait just a little bit longer. I definitely wasn't expecting IV when that was announced.

Isn't 20 years after the original like in 2021

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Question for any Psycho Pass likers: how good is Mandatory Happiness?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Victory #43:

Uso just can't beat Fuala Griffon for some reason??? weak, lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

been watching Kaguya, toward the end of season 1 and drat this is some funny stuff

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

symbolic posted:

been watching Kaguya, toward the end of season 1 and drat this is some funny stuff

yeah kaguya owns

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Rinkles posted:

Question for any Psycho Pass likers: how good is Mandatory Happiness?

Not great. I remember that it has some interesting moments here and there but it’s completely forgettable and doesn’t really add much to things. I mean, if you can get it for like, 5$ go nuts, but there’s a ton I would play before it.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I’m watching Aim for the Ace 2 and wow do episode 5 and 6 go hard. They were not content with making Oka feel like poo poo, it’s like everyone conspired to crush her emotionally in the worst way possible.

It’s great stuff.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

yeah kaguya owns

Ishigami is one of the funniest fuckin anime characters i've ever seen

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

yeah kaguya owns

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Black Stones posted:

I’m watching Aim for the Ace 2 and wow do episode 5 and 6 go hard. They were not content with making Oka feel like poo poo, it’s like everyone conspired to crush her emotionally in the worst way possible.

It’s great stuff.
personally i think its a really good idea, to gaslight oka for months about her coach still being alive, if it means she wins at tennis

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Meowywitch posted:

Victory #43:

Uso just can't beat Fuala Griffon for some reason??? weak, lmao

yeah shes better

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I LOVE DUBS

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

CHECK OUT MY DUBS

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

So odd thing while not impossible to find Pepsi is pretty rare in Tokyo and Diet Pepsi doesn't exist. I've seen it at a few restaurants and the odd vending machine but not in lawsons, Family Mart or 7-11 {Haven't gone into New Days while on the trip). Hell Taco Bell has fountain Coke of all things

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Yeah, Coke came in and dominated the market, and then you have all tbe other Japanese brands and there’s just no room for Pepsi. Why bother trying to establish yourself? You’d have to spend billions in advertising and promotions to just get a cut.

I just want some of those brands more available here dammit. I want my Pocari Sweat! There’s things that come close but nothing matches the taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There's a little candy bottega downtown that gets some international candy brands and drinks in occasionally and I wish they'd get some more drinks in that aren't five hundred different variations of Fanta.