Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Napoleon ftw

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

father in law is watching rebel moon, this poo poo is so unbelievably wack lmao, it's just weird and bad and dumb, and this mfer really just hookah'd through his chest, gently caress THIS MOVIE

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Good soup! posted:

father in law is watching rebel moon, this poo poo is so unbelievably wack lmao, it's just weird and bad and dumb, and this mfer really just hookah'd through his chest, gently caress THIS MOVIE

lol its so grueling

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

so much poo poo gets introduced and solved in the span of a short amount of time, it's bizarre and offputting at every point, it's like those b-movies that were just cobbled together footage from unfinished productions

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
slacker bluray came in so i watched it tonight. been years since ive seen it. cool movie

waking life was the first linklater movie i saw, was on the ifc channel when i was 13-ish and i loved it but my 20 years later opinion is that its a worse version of slacker with way more annoying characters. like where slacker seems to look at its subjects kind of sarcastically waking life takes them at face value. or at least thats what it seems like to me. havent seen that one in years either

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mycophobia posted:

slacker bluray came in so i watched it tonight. been years since ive seen it. cool movie

waking life was the first linklater movie i saw, was on the ifc channel when i was 13-ish and i loved it but my 20 years later opinion is that its a worse version of slacker with way more annoying characters. like where slacker seems to look at its subjects kind of sarcastically waking life takes them at face value. or at least thats what it seems like to me. havent seen that one in years either

i saw that in a small theater when i was in austin and linklater did a q and a after that wasnt advertised

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
cool

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
watched a haunting in venice. not perfect but poirot stories always rule. tina fey was miscast

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

watched a haunting in venice. not perfect but poirot stories always rule. tina fey was miscast

The mystery might have been weaker, but I really liked the direction and mood and setting in it. Very cool vibes.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

mycophobia posted:

I rewatched the Before trilogy last month and was wondering whether Before Sunrise still held up, and the dialog still works in a pseudo-intellectual college kid way. Before Sunset is my favorite, but the whole trilogy is maybe the best onscreen chemistry I've seen between two actors.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I rewatched the Before trilogy last month and was wondering whether Before Sunrise still held up, and the dialog still works in a pseudo-intellectual college kid way. Before Sunset is my favorite, but the whole trilogy is maybe the best onscreen chemistry I've seen between two actors.

yeah the before trilogy is wonderful. i remember watching Before Sunset for the first time and being so caught up in it that the ending literally startled me, it felt like maybe half an hour had passed. linklater films are usually pretty lazily paced but that one just zooms by.

i generally like linklater dialog, it just needs to be in the mouths of believable characters in some kind of context instead of the weird interview monologue thing that waking life had going

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Stinklater

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Leave the world behind was fun. Wish they spent less time on the build up and more time on the aftermath

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Masaaki Yuasa Five Films making me wish I had a bluray player...

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rewatched Heat. pacino is off the rails in this, must watch

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Poppers posted:

Masaaki Yuasa Five Films making me wish I had a bluray player...

do you have a ps3, ps4, ps5, xbox one, or xbox series x?

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

I have a Nintendo switch

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
watched true romance tonight, got the 4k version, my first 4k bluray. happy to report that 35mm blown up to 4k doesn't look all that much better than 1080p assuming my shits set up right, so standard bluray isn't ruined for me. also what a weird fuckin movie lol. ive seen it a couple times before but still

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

mycophobia posted:

watched true romance tonight, got the 4k version, my first 4k bluray. happy to report that 35mm blown up to 4k doesn't look all that much better than 1080p assuming my shits set up right, so standard bluray isn't ruined for me. also what a weird fuckin movie lol. ive seen it a couple times before but still

true romance is my parents favorite movie and when i first saw it i was shocked at how much arquette and slater resembled them, in all aspects

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

mycophobia posted:

unless they meticulously rescan and touch up each frame by hand for a 4K rerelease, you'd never be able to tell the difference between 1080p and 4K for most movies.

that said, i do not own a display that outputs higher than 1080p. no i'm not seething,. its cool.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

also True Romance fuckin rules

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Was talking about HXH and its tendency to go into long explanations of how the powers work earlier and remembered this:

https://x.com/austin_walker/status/1554557950554939392?s=46&t=nr2iKDgYRA_5eYbBsGdNXQ

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

i can't watch the new poirot movies because david suchet will always be poirot to me. i hear his voice when i read it and i don't want that to change.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

i can't watch the new poirot movies because david suchet will always be poirot to me. i hear his voice when i read it and i don't want that to change.

branagh’s poirot mustache is stunning

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i made another album. its weirder and darker than the last one. i put it out today because i need to stop working on it
https://mycophobiah.bandcamp.com/album/saenai

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

mycophobia posted:

i made another album. its weirder and darker than the last one. i put it out today because i need to stop working on it

this rules. I really like Fallen Back, Lean To, and After All especially.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Leadthumb posted:

this rules. I really like Fallen Back, Lean To, and After All especially.

thanks. next to Pacer i think Lean To turned out the best

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Finished season 1 of Fargo and it was fun, Billy Bob Thornton is incredible. It's a little too derivative and doesn't trust the audience at all (Martin Freeman as Leland Palmer, fine, Billy Bob in a diner saying nothing good comes of cherry pie and that he hasn't tasted apples this good since Eden, come the gently caress on) but I definitely want to see what they come up with next

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Finished season 1 of Fargo and it was fun, Billy Bob Thornton is incredible. It's a little too derivative and doesn't trust the audience at all (Martin Freeman as Leland Palmer, fine, Billy Bob in a diner saying nothing good comes of cherry pie and that he hasn't tasted apples this good since Eden, come the gently caress on) but I definitely want to see what they come up with next

Right? Just an absolutely killer season of television. I recently did a rewatch up through season 4. Seasons 2 and 3 are also excellent. Season 4 is a low point, but still a lot of fun. Hype to get into season 5 soon.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mycophobia posted:

hell yeah this is fuckin cool

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Sub-Actuality posted:

hell yeah this is fuckin cool

thx for listnning

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mycophobia posted:

thx for listnning

yw, I think it's better than your first album, I kind of like things being a little weirder and the changes in tone. been listening to both of them a lot while I work on game club stuff lol. Pacer and After All are my favs on this one I think

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
holy crap dude thanks for the buys. that single handedly matches what ive earned in total for both lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mycophobia posted:

holy crap dude thanks for the buys. that single handedly matches what ive earned in total for both lol

lol rollin in it

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

mycophobia posted:

good stuff brother, i haven't written or especially released any music in a long time so i'm always glad to see when other people do. grabbed a copy of both albums :cheersdoge:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

tmfc posted:

good stuff brother, i haven't written or especially released any music in a long time so i'm always glad to see when other people do. grabbed a copy of both albums :cheersdoge:

:tipshat:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

mycophobia posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
im a normal sized human person.