Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
There are diet soda that are better than their normal versions. Not fruit flavors though. A diet coke or pepsi is fine but a diet orange soda might as well be piss in a bottle l

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

There are diet soda that are better than their normal versions. Not fruit flavors though. A diet coke or pepsi is fine but a diet orange soda might as well be piss in a bottle l

Isn't that just Irn Bru?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

irn bru doesnt taste of orange

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Let me tell you about la Croix,

It sucks. Neither me or my wife liked anything about it...

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Dongicus posted:

Just piss.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Baja Blast and Grape Crush are still good whenever I feel like a carbonated beverage.

Which is becoming rarer these days, probably for the better health wise at least.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Dongicus posted:

To me it's always tasted like the bastard Scottish child of Orange Crush and Cream Soda without any of the (lacking) charm of either drink.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I only drink diet when I do drink sodas, and diet pepsi is the superior to diet coke.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Fluffdaddy posted:

I only drink diet when I do drink sodas, and diet pepsi is the superior to diet coke.

Your taste in soda is like your taste in anime. Flat and flavourless.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I drink Zero Sugar Dr Pepper. ftw

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Fluffdaddy posted:

yeah

this is a weird sentiment but both coke and diet coke have a thicker mouthfeel that lingers while pepsi and diet pepsi tend to be a little more crisp and not stick around

Meowywitch posted:

Let me tell you about la Croix,

It sucks. Neither me or my wife liked anything about it...

also dislike la croix. worked at a startup that had it in the snack kitchen, tried it cause i'd heard so much about it, was baffled. i'd rather just drink water lol.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

23 different flavourless flavours.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Ibram Gaunt posted:

the real answer

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Southern Cassowary posted:

yeah

this is a weird sentiment but both coke and diet coke have a thicker mouthfeel that lingers while pepsi and diet pepsi tend to be a little more crisp and not stick around

also dislike la croix. worked at a startup that had it in the snack kitchen, tried it cause i'd heard so much about it, was baffled. i'd rather just drink water lol.

yeah I just keep a water bottle with me all day. I will have sodas randomly but I cut out a bunch of other stuff

oh and for the people who absolutely have to have flavored water you can infuse it over night or buy those water flavors they sell in the lemonade / tea isle in grocery stores. mix it up ahead of time, in a pitcher, and pour it in before you head out for the day

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 4, 2024

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

when i saw Godzilla Minus One i tried out tropical-flavored Coke from the Freestyle machine and by god if i didnt have a figure to maintain i'd load up oil barrels with that elixir

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Maintaining round prolly isnt that hard tbh

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

freestyle machines are godlike

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

verbal enema posted:

Maintaining round prolly isnt that hard tbh

everyone is round to you, marfans boy

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

symbolic posted:

when i saw Godzilla Minus One i tried out tropical-flavored Coke from the Freestyle machine and by god if i didnt have a figure to maintain i'd load up oil barrels with that elixir

No idea why but that just reminded me of how good Tahiti Treat was as a kid.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
La Croix is some sort of strange anti-flavor, that I presume is trying to rely on some sort of homeopathy to get intense flavor out of a handful of flavoring molecules that were dropped into the vat and later extracted for reuse.

I largely cut sodas out of my diet a long, long time ago, but I still miss Mountain Dew, 7-Up the Way It Used To Be, and A&W from before "Frosty Mug" flavor was introduced in ~'93, presumably a switch to HFCS. I also liked Pepsi Throwback when it came around, which was surprising since I always preferred Coke to Pepsi.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

My mom got me this horribly wasteful water bottle flavor thing called a Cirkul as part of her passive aggressive support for my ongoing diet and about 50 flavor inseet things so I'm drinking those for the foreseeable future.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dr. P

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

A&W is such a scam, they had a class action lawsuit about vanilla flavoring where, when they even bothered to vanilla flavor a batch, they used artificial vanilla and not aged vanilla like it said on the can. I got like ten bucks coming to me from that, would have been more but I don't have receipts.

Unfortunately they produce the only zero sugar root beer that doesn't taste like piss so I'm stuck buying them but I'm not happy about it. drat diabetes.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

At da movies to bird it up a third time, this time with the dub :cheerdoge:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Furnaceface posted:

No idea why but that just reminded me of how good Tahiti Treat was as a kid.

Tahitian Treat is the poo poo

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

wondering if saints row 2022 is worth my thirteen dollars. wondering how anime I can make Boss

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you could have gotten it for free off egs two days ago

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Meowywitch posted:

wondering if saints row 2022 is worth

no

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Or free with PlayStation Plus a few months ago

My brother played a bit of it, his Boss inexplicably had a British accent but was otherwise American.

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 5, 2024

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Saints Row 3: haha dubstep gun that's pretty novel, plus i can have pink-and-green balding dreadlocks, that's pretty funny
2022: dude gently caress man i want a bacon waffle man gently caress i wish rent wasn't so fuckin bad man i need fuckin health care dude

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The Colonel posted:

you could have gotten it for free off egs two days ago

gently caress

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

saints row 22 is a game made for absolutely nobody lol

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

symbolic posted:

Saints Row 3: haha dubstep gun that's pretty novel, plus i can have pink-and-green balding dreadlocks, that's pretty funny
2022: dude gently caress man i want a bacon waffle man gently caress i wish rent wasn't so fuckin bad man i need fuckin health care dude

The johnny gat replacement in that game really is the best way to compare how godawful the character writing was compared to the original series.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I can't cut soda out completely so i still do diet and Diet Pepsi is still better than Diet Coke/Coke Zero except for the weird Coke flavors which I really like

Freestyle machines rock though they sometimes get me to try weird things like Diet Pibb which I think of trying as it's not in Canada bottled only to find out why its not here bottled

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Dongicus posted:

saints row 22 is a game made for absolutely nobody lol

I gave it an honest go, lasted about 40mins

It's really fuckin bad

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm just playing Saints Row until I get sick of it and I can see a reality where if they just toned down on the #Millennial nonsense and maybe leaned a bit more into the goofy satire like with the PMC, it could have worked better

Like, my opinion is less "this is a god awful mess" and more "this is kind of terminally uninteresting"

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jan 5, 2024

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'm playing that Robocop game. It's very jank but Robocop is my favorite movie so I'm having a good time

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Srice posted:

At da movies to bird it up a third time, this time with the dub :cheerdoge:

Update: loved it even more a third time around though I wasn't too keen on some of the dub. Pattinson good tho.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Pattinson is good for the dub. The audience I was with was weird though, like they were laughing like hyenas when Mahito's dad was talking about hunting down whoever hurt his son and getting vengeance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I don't drink soda very much but I did grow a fondness for Irn Bru when I was a student in London.