Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Been watching The Bear on Disney and this slaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
people ask questions when they're curious about the opinions of those around them on the thing they're asking about, not on every single basic thing they're unaware of that would take like two seconds to find info about

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ok fair enough then (I never actually asked who the Vtuber was though, merely commented that I didn’t know anything about it like some other users in this thread)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 5, 2024

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm autistic and I like big robots

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!

Meowywitch posted:

:same:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

badass

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
overman king gainer is the best

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i have been reading a ton of knights of sidonia this last week and i can't believe how cute of a giant flesh abomination tsumugi is

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
the thing I don't get about sidonia is that they have all this amazing transhumanism tech because it's so far in the future yet they don't have the tech so two ladies/guys can naturally have a baby together

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Meowywitch posted:

Yes, "big robots".

Im on to you Meowywitch.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Also its Friday and Im done work. Finally, I can relax.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Willo567 posted:

the thing I don't get about sidonia is that they have all this amazing transhumanism tech because it's so far in the future yet they don't have the tech so two ladies/guys can naturally have a baby together

when izana was introduced as being some third gender i thought that was really cool. "yeah dude, we photosynthesize and are grown in vats, there's more than 2 genders here"

then no other character of that third gender showed up and izana's gender ended up being "physically transforms into the opposite gender of whoever [they/she?] are attracted to" which felt like a really weird thing to wait until halfway through the manga to bring up. i'd have probably appreciated it more if it was upfront that this was what was meant by there being additional genders (also i guess the gender/biological sex difference isn't really considered here?)

when it first comes up izana mentions that it's an involuntary physical change, which i thought maybe the manga was going to do something interesting with but no. though i did appreciate the one chapter where izana has to walk around in a dress and hates it. honestly i'm not sure what to make of izana essentially being considered a woman for all intents and purposes from that point forward, though a lot of that is probably just in the pronouns which i guess might not be in the original japanese?

i don't have any nonbinary friends and so am pretty far removed from understanding the nuances of what that experience is or what good nonbinary representation in media looks like, but i personally was pretty disappointed with how izana's gender was handled (though more broadly i like izana quite a bit). i guess on some level with how much of the transhumanism is intentionally uncomfortable and disturbing it's not such a bad thing that nonbinary genders aren't treated as just another part of this freakshow, though a competent writer should be able to navigate that anyways so it's not much of a consolation.

but anyways i just got to the part where tanikaze tells tsumugi that he loves her and honestly i love tsumugi so much, it's going to make me really sad when something terrible inevitably happens to her. my initial assumption when she was introduced was that she'll get mind controlled by their backup plan at some point to do something awful and then get blamed for it, but that seems to be a mostly dropped plot point. it's kinda looking more like she's about to get offed now that her major emotional moment has happened, though tbh for how brutal it was early on sidonia has really been pulling its punches on sudden character deaths/dramatic turns for the worse so idk.

ninjewtsu fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jan 5, 2024

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Meowywitch posted:

Yeah, but WHY though???

The big robots I mean, obviously

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
chicks dig giant robots

i did giant robots

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

chicks dig giant robots

i did giant robots

I like big robots and I cannot lie.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Blitzed through season 1 of The Bear. Goddamn that one-take episode was amazing.

Make a food anime that's like The Bear.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Bear is good. Haven't seen Season 2 yet tho

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Great big robots

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Great big breast fire bots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPHkDHLh7bU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

leather fedora posted:

I watched a few streams of that and it looks jank in a way that makes it fun

The shooting is fun enough, too early to tell if it's gonna get repetitive. I'm liking the investigation aspect of the game a lot more than I thought I would too. You encounter some good characters in them

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Great big... sea?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whdzP0GHuc4

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Well there's usually thunder all around giant robots but is there poison in the air?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

Well there's usually thunder all around giant robots but is there poison in the air?

Definitely a lousy smell and smacks of hell and dust all in peoples hair.

No idea why your post put that song in my head, I havnt heard it in ages, but Im glad it did.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I listened to their Up album again recently and it's still great.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Willo567 posted:

god don't remind me of that series, the ending was AWFUL

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Willo567 posted:

saki > sidonia, heard it here first

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I didn't need to be told that, I just knew

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
"real" sci fi: there is no gender... but really... doesn't that just make you think about how much we need gender?
saki: what if a girl liked dressing like a boy, but her club made her wear girls' clothes? mysterious...
simoun: i stayed nonbinary for 18 years and became jello. will you become the next nonbinary and take my place?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

commanded to retrieve tacos by the matriarchy, forevermore

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The Colonel posted:

"real" sci fi: there is no gender... but really... doesn't that just make you think about how much we need gender?

thats not logh

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

does blue gender have any remarks on gender or was that just a word they threw in the title

i never saw it i don't think

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

who wants to line up to give me headpats???

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think the MC being a dude was important in some way...Or I could have just dreamt that up, only caught a few episodes on adult swim back in the day.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

also I get it mixed up in my head with blue submarine no6

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

What happened to submarine no1-5

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

does blue gender have any remarks on gender or was that just a word they threw in the title

i never saw it i don't think
the "blue gender" are bugs

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Is blue gender like blue cheese

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

is blue cheese also a kind of bug

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010