Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
who would have thought scoobert doobert was such a hot commodity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Sometimes I look at older but not old sets and am just floored by the price increase. Like some of those Elves sets. Crazy.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

The new medieval castle didn’t have a ghost, and is all the poorer for it.

If you assume the skeleton is animated, that's a ghost.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wrapped up the Avengers Tower. Overall, not the most fun building experience ever, but the final model is impressive. I actually decided not to hang every additional thing onto it, I thought it detracted from the actual tower.

Right now I have it next to the Daily Bugle, looks a little cramped so I may swap some buildings around...

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Bookend that poo poo imo. Get the bugle on the other side

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I got a good deal on the creator expert DB5 and I’m just getting into bag 2. This is one of the harder/more technical vehicle sets I’ve built in a long time. I assume it’s because it uses a lot of technic building techniques for the gadgets, and I don’t normally build technic.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Bookend that poo poo imo. Get the bugle on the other side

This. They're both busy builds that feed off of each other's busy-ness when placed together. Using them to bookend your other modulars would not only allow the eye to focus more on the buildings, but would emphasize, rather than undercut, their scale.

The shelf looks freaking great, though, either way!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Speaking of the tower. Did someone say they were having trouble with the monster in the beginning steps? I just built it and it wasn't particularly delicate or problematic. Or am I thinking of a different set?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
No someone was definitely complaining about it being very delicate

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

For selling whole sets on Bricklink, what’s normally done for shipping fees nowadays? Last time I sold stuff (years ago) I think I quoted a shipping price after someone put in an order which kind of sucked since you didn’t know the exact price and it was often $$$ so they might flake at that point.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The monster went fine for me too.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

It was me, I was the monster complainer.

I also have somewhat large hands though, so :shrug:

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I picked up a couple of speed champions sets on sale while xmas shopping, a bit of a self present, the Porsche 963 and Pagani Utopia. The Porsche looks incredible but it is a lot of sticker work. The Pagani was a more interesting build despite being so grey, the four doors at the back are very cool use.

I also made my Pagani RHD because :australia:
It was literally just three pieces that had to change, including the steering wheel.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

The more speed champions I build, the less I find myself using the sticker sheet. It’s more “Lego” with the implied detail IMO.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I really hate stickers. I begrudgingly used them on the lunar lander, and I'm thinking about tearing down my delorean to put the stickers on, but I just hate them. Mostly because eventually a corner is going to peel up or something and then it just looks like poo poo.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Cojawfee posted:

I really hate stickers. I begrudgingly used them on the lunar lander, and I'm thinking about tearing down my delorean to put the stickers on, but I just hate them. Mostly because eventually a corner is going to peel up or something and then it just looks like poo poo.

I Never put any on

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't put them on most of the time. I get slightly annoyed when there is clearly a bit where a sticker is supposed to continue on a line made with bricks, but it's whatever.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I skip most stickers, I did put them on the 2F2F Skyline, it's a tad too naked without.

Cojawfee posted:

I don't put them on most of the time. I get slightly annoyed when there is clearly a bit where a sticker is supposed to continue on a line made with bricks, but it's whatever.

This on a 400+ EUR set.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Have any of the brick printing services specialized in producing printed replacements for parts intended to have stickers?

EDIT:

Zedd posted:

This on a 400+ EUR set.

A lot of time for stuff like this I try to build the bricks together, then apply the stickers.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
If they print the whole design on the sticker sheet you can cut those border bits and apply them as well but it is a pain

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
TS Bank can be interpreted as a trans thing, right?
I thought we giggled about it when the set came out

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I don't have the set myself mind you, it just stood out as an awkward sticker I noticed.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Medusa from 11033!

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-169509/mattking4/11033-medusa/#details

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Lol, ingenious

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
The best sticker is the one from the old Alien line, where it was heat sensitive, or whatever. That little circular one that lit up if you held your finger on it.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

TorakFade posted:

finally got around to building Majisto's workshop. I don't get the hate, for a GWP it doesn't feel too skimped on (well, a printed Majisto would have been nice...), the build was fun and it looks great next to the forestmen hideout.

They could've surely done better but I doubt it would've been a GWP then. I didn't have the original workshop so I can't really say I had any particular expectation about this set, though!

Now I need the medieval town square and then I can start making my Castle diorama in earnest. When more new Castle sets, Lego? Come onnnnn :pray:

FWIW I enjoyed Majisto's workshop! And the black forest hideout, I finally built both of those over the recent winter break along with the ideas castle. The ideas castle build style really reminded me of 90's era castle sets, with long unsupported wall block sections that are only held in place by brick overlap at the top. Feels like it was intentional homage -- the build was a nice mesh between the nostalgia of the lego sets I grew up with and a smattering of great design and techniques of newer sets, if that makes any sense.

Now I just need to find a spot for a medieval diorama too, and see if I can track down the recent Black Forest Castle I missed out on :ohdear:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I thought I heard a rumor there was going to be a GWP for modulars in the new year? Is there still a floating rumor for that?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Maybe the food truck counts?

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
Looks like there will be a GWP series of micro versions of the Ninjago city modulars

https://brickset.com/article/105068/new-collection-of-gwps-reveale

BOAT DOES NOT FLOAT

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

ixnay posted:

BOAT DOES NOT FLOAT

good username

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

ixnay posted:

BOAT DOES NOT FLOAT

Automatic pass

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/c0cadb4e-431d-41ad-9e03-e4b0408fb31c
These are new right?
Not the ones we just saw that kinda sucked?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The SLS looks next the rest are just meh.
Oh and the pirate chest

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The temple is cool. Also like the alligator

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

veni veni veni posted:

The temple is cool. Also like the alligator

I did lol that it's Steve Irwin

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
The sequoia tree trail dealy is p cute honestly

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Yeah but these lists are a bit silly at this point. 50 sets qualify each quarter and maybe one or two gets greenlit.

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

A whole bunch of those look like repeats. I think the anatomy one was already picked and rejected because 'didn't meet standards' or something? Krustyburger has been a finalist before too.

I love the frogs! I'm waiting for a frogs 3 pack along the same lines as the recent insects one.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

That frogs design is cool. The insects suffered a little from being 50% cool insects and 50% tan chunks of “wood” as a display stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
https://twitter.com/obviousplant_/status/1744411363689320689