Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Whoever directed the OP REALLY likes OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Gologle posted:

the episode too. its the best the series has ever looked

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
manga only readers should feel very comfortable starting the anime here. the amount of spoilers in the op suggest that pretty strongly

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Gologle posted:

So does the OP who posted the OP OP

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Anime adaptation of the Lulusia destruction scene:

https://youtu.be/yHgYwxZ71Pw?si=05jJ-o3GlnTSLZBP

It's legit terrifying, goddamn.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’m very curious to hear what Imu’s going to sound like in the anime

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I want to go to Japan this year is there any cool one piece destinations? I know the Tokyo tower thing is gone.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gologle posted:

megumi ishitani is a legend

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Anime adaptation of the Lulusia destruction scene:

https://youtu.be/yHgYwxZ71Pw?si=05jJ-o3GlnTSLZBP

It's legit terrifying, goddamn.

drat, the lovely anime pacing makes it way worse than in the manga, those people had time to see it coming.

Interesting on the colors of the beams, I imagined them being yellow like lightning bolts or Kizaru's lasers. Wonder if Oda provided any input on that.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Now that Lulucia is destroyed its only like 10 more chapters until we actually hear Imu speaking

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Upsidads posted:

I want to go to Japan this year is there any cool one piece destinations? I know the Tokyo tower thing is gone.

There's a lot of One Piece stuff at Universal Studios Japan

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Larryb posted:

I’m very curious to hear what Imu’s going to sound like in the anime

I'm going to laugh my rear end off if they choose Pein's VA, it's too perfect with those eyes of his

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
I'm curious whether they'll put a filter over Imu's voice or not. If not, I hope they at least use an androgynous voice to prolong the mystery of their gender/sex until it's revealed in the manga.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

jassa posted:

I'm curious whether they'll put a filter over Imu's voice or not. If not, I hope they at least use an androgynous voice to prolong the mystery of their gender/sex until it's revealed in the manga.

If there’s some big reveal coming I’m gonna guess they’ll put a filter over the voice and leave the VA uncredited like they’ve done in other shows with similar situations

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

jassa posted:

I really like the way the anime made the Den Den Mushi footage/audio feel like top secret government test footage that’s been leaked out by Morgans and WikiBeaks

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
The first static-y shot of Imu in the butterfly garden: cool and a little creepy

The second time within like a minute: man they pad that poo poo out still huh

That's not what I imagined that would look like animated but it's still super cool.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Augus posted:

megumi ishitani is a legend

i wonder if its her or the resources she has or both but whatever the case if her name is attached to something its peak one piece. only time i think the anime is better than the manga 100% of the time

jassa posted:

from what ive learned they explicitly use masculine identifiers with imu so it would be pretty unlikely for them to be a woman.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Relevant again
https://twitter.com/LeeJayAnimation/status/1520386916167860224?s=20

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

lol @ them hiding this in the impact frames

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
like that garp and luffy are smiling while everyone else is pissed off

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Luffy used to be a bit more of a frowner when he was squaring up with jerks, Gear 5 changed that. Garp just likes the poo poo, though.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Will there be a new chapter this week or next week? Hard to keep track with the last early leak.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I hate when they hide arrows!

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Will there be a new chapter this week or next week? Hard to keep track with the last early leak.

Most recent official release was Friday (tho usually would be today) but that chapter leaked way ahead of schedule. I believe that break was due to the annual double issue of WSJ. Now there is an end of year break for the magazine before it officially returns Sunday the 21st, so spoilers should be out early next week (week of the 15th)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Julias posted:

Very fun visuals in the new OP, but i'm not really digging the song much. I'll see if it grows on me, but for now it's probably one of the weaker songs in the series for me.

e: Here's the OP in better quality https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFbno_aPm0w

this is kino af

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
the episode was a joy to watch on the second half, first half was good, too.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
oda's done a great job making the gorosei somehow even more despicable than the average CD. at least with the latter they're like huge monstrous babies. the calmness in the VA saying "no such country ever existed" really just sells the frightening competency of the elders

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Upsidads posted:

There's bronze statues of each Strawhat spread around Kumamoto Prefecture.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

anime was right posted:

i wonder if its her or the resources she has or both but whatever the case if her name is attached to something its peak one piece. only time i think the anime is better than the manga 100% of the time

It’s a mix of both. She’s working with great animators (Masami Mori is incredible) but she’s also a legit rare talent when it comes to storyboarding.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Holy poo poo, I just realized something.

If you look at the straw hat from above, it's the same inner circle/outer circle design of the sun emblem we've been seeing a lot more of recently.

The straw hat has been passed down from Roger to Shanks and finally to Luffy. Does this represent the passing of inherited will for those who had the potential to bring about the world's dawn? The big frozen straw hat Imu is keeping locked probably belonged to the beginning of that potential will from during the Void Century and Imu/the Five Elders have been keeping tabs on whoever has been holding on to a straw hat like that. It would also explain why Shanks got an audience with the Five Elders, especially if he's related to the crescent Holy Knight guy by blood.

My bet is that we will learn about this connection more explicitly once we get to Elbaf and the story focuses on Shanks' deal more specifically.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Giant cartoon Luffy can wear the giant straw hat.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Gyges posted:

There's bronze statues of each Strawhat spread around Kumamoto Prefecture.

Thank you it's on the list

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Heads up that the Robin statue is apparently pretty out of the way from public transit.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Holy poo poo, I just realized something.

If you look at the straw hat from above, it's the same inner circle/outer circle design of the sun emblem we've been seeing a lot more of recently.

The straw hat has been passed down from Roger to Shanks and finally to Luffy. Does this represent the passing of inherited will for those who had the potential to bring about the world's dawn? The big frozen straw hat Imu is keeping locked probably belonged to the beginning of that potential will from during the Void Century and Imu/the Five Elders have been keeping tabs on whoever has been holding on to a straw hat like that. It would also explain why Shanks got an audience with the Five Elders, especially if he's related to the crescent Holy Knight guy by blood.

My bet is that we will learn about this connection more explicitly once we get to Elbaf and the story focuses on Shanks' deal more specifically.

there are seriously like 10000 instances where like the straw hat is used as symbolism for the dawn/sun

this is my favorite tho

my man luffy got the hat on loving 'dawn' island lmao

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

anime was right posted:

there are seriously like 10000 instances where like the straw hat is used as symbolism for the dawn/sun

this is my favorite tho

my man luffy got the hat on loving 'dawn' island lmao

I seem to remember some mention that Roger got it from someone too. However, I am an old man and prone to memory crossovers.

Ronnz
Mar 6, 2010

Upsidads posted:

The Strawhat Store near Shibuya Crossing is pretty cool.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
So do none of the rank and file in the World Government get how evil they are?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That might be part of why you're apparently not allowed to see the Five Stars, assuming that's all the time and not just when they're horrible monsters. Anyone Commodore and up is probably in too deep.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

The Yeti Cool Brothers look like they’re wearing straw hats. Do any other characters actually wear a straw hat besides them and Luffy/Shanks/Roger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro