Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: It's Democratic If the Constitution Says It

Eat poo poo Ted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
"an obscure section"

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Chip Bok

Chris Britt

Gary Varvel

Michael Ramirez

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Congratulations to that dumb plane, for being the first A Thing Happened of the year for cartoonists across the spectrum to do an :effort: cartoon on.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

Moving the goalposts from "Joe Biden is destroying the US economy" to "Ok he didn't destroy the US economy, BUT HE WILL"

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Trapezium Dave posted:

Gee, Ted, why does that section say someone can be removed? You think that might be relevant to the discussion?

Also, didn't Rall just do a cartoon a couple of weeks ago about how democracy sucks anyway? Shouldn't he, therefore, be in favor of undemocratic policies?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Trapezium Dave posted:

I feel like it undermines his point somewhat that he spent four years drawing Trump as Literally Hitler and slamming liberals for treating him like a normal politician instead of an existential threat.

Like, which is it

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You're forgetting that the most important thing is that Tod Roll is so controversial that he doesn't agree with anything in the mainstream.

Many people are saying things similar to what he may or may not have said years ago, so Tad can't possibly agree with those things now.

In summary

Guavanaut posted:

Eat poo poo Ted.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

VitalSigns posted:

I feel like it undermines his point somewhat that he spent four years drawing Trump as Literally Hitler and slamming liberals for treating him like a normal politician instead of an existential threat.

Like, which is it

Starting to think this Ted Rall character is disingenuous and inept.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
The common element of Rall's arguments are his work as a Russian propagandist, in this case in favor of trump, and more broadly toward civic disengagement. This is why there's been alignment with the general GOP cleavage approach here, which is to equivocate between the parties and discourage voting as futile. The direct targeting of the ballot removal process is also in alignment with relatively recent Russian messaging turns.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

You're forgetting that the most important thing is that Tod Roll is so controversial that he doesn't agree with anything in the mainstream.

Many people are saying things similar to what he may or may not have said years ago, so Tad can't possibly agree with those things now.
Ted Rall 1940: why is Roosevelt at peace with Hitler? That makes him and the Democrats as bad as Hitler!

Ted Rall April 1945: Roosevelt says he wants a peaceful world but he's bombing Hitler! Hypocrite much? Is Eisenhower afraid Hitler will beat him in an intellectual debate?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
May 1945 - lovely obit where Ted had all of Roosevelt's ideas before he did, and is so much smarter

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com

Technowolf posted:

Nick Anderson

This unironic AGC explains exactly how Texan taxpayers are being screwed over by crypto mining and the state government's terrible policies. While it may deserve its "Too Many Words" nomination, it also deserves something better, so I'm making up a category on the spot.

Kellies Nomination: Best Crypto Comic

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Victar posted:

This unironic AGC explains exactly how Texan taxpayers are being screwed over by crypto mining and the state government's terrible policies. While it may deserve its "Too Many Words" nomination, it also deserves something better, so I'm making up a category on the spot.

Kellies Nomination: Best Crypto Comic

Yeppp it extremely sucks (the situation in Texas, not the comic)

Abbott is absolutely making GBS threads money all over these crypto miners meanwhile blackouts happen in winter storms and everyone else is asked to conserve in the summer, and the "power supply adjustment" fee is now as much as the power bill itself

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on crocodile tears and the Post Office scandal – After years of dragging their heels on gaining justice for victims of the Post Office scandal, politicians are suddenly incredibly sympathetic"

Telegraph:

"The Post Office Horizon scandal has shattered faith in British justice"

Matt:

Shaken Boeing boss admits mid-air plane blowout was ‘our mistake’

Independent:

Times:

Epstein had ‘sex tapes’ of Prince Andrew and Bill Clinton, witness claimed

Evening Standard:

Tory MPs seek to ‘toughen’ Rwanda Bill as Sunak faces Commons showdown

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Thing is, this is unironically useful. I communicate very, very frequently with folks in at work over text. It's becoming more and more relevant as technology advances, and it's important to get a grasp on how to communicate properly to casual acquaintances vs work colleagues, and the subtleties and nuances between live chat vs e-mail.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

Like, which is it

"You can't just disqualify Hitler from the ballot just because he instigated a coup."

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
What I find ironic about Rall's Trump current Trump cartoons is that I remember Rall stating in one of his columns that there should be a rule that if you have a parent or relative that was elected to a poltical office, you should atomatically be disqualified for running for that postition. I tried to find the column but after reading several of Rall's pieces I had to stop.

Admittedly Rall probably meant this to avoid nepotism and was a reaction to the 2000 election and the presidency of George W Bush (which did a number on Rall's brain). But which if more undemocratic; disqualifying someone for instigating a coup after they didn't like the election results, or disqualifying someone because their uncle served in Congress?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
The presidency of George W Bush did a number on Ted Rall’s brain, but if you consider the reaction of political cartoonists to the presidency of Obama or the presidency of Trump, I think you would come to the accurate conclusion that Ted Rall was, once again, ahead of the curve.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

The_Other posted:

What I find ironic about Rall's Trump current Trump cartoons is that I remember Rall stating in one of his columns that there should be a rule that if you have a parent or relative that was elected to a poltical office, you should atomatically be disqualified for running for that postition. I tried to find the column but after reading several of Rall's pieces I had to stop.

Admittedly Rall probably meant this to avoid nepotism and was a reaction to the 2000 election and the presidency of George W Bush (which did a number on Rall's brain). But which if more undemocratic; disqualifying someone for instigating a coup after they didn't like the election results, or disqualifying someone because their uncle served in Congress?

To be fair, I wouldn't be opposed to the idea for the highest offices (Congress/President/Supreme Court). It might help break up the dynastic control of various seats and things. Granted, I don't know that it would make that much of an impact (most of those folks would go on to be members of various groups that control the levers of power anyway), but we have over 300 million folks in the US, so disqualifying a few thousand of the most privileged of them at any given time isn't that big a deal.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The_Other posted:

I would just like to note that this rule would have kept FDR out of office.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Le Lievre:

Supermarkets could face tougher rules as Labor frontbencher says some prices ‘don’t pass the pub test’ (Guardian).

Leak, Son of Leak:

The Australian Army hasn't found a buyer for the retired Taipan helicopters and is burying them. Also the Albanese government has put on ice for now any move towards a republic referendum after the failure of the one for the Voice. The other "broken promise" is the pre-election pledge to cut power prices by $275 in 2025.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I would just like to note that this rule would have kept FDR out of office.

I'm sure the Democrats could find some other inbred aristocrat to open up concentration camps for the Japanese.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

That is a staggering amount of projection. Everything with text on it, other than the big guy bit that is too specific of a reference, Trump is guilty of.

DoJ and FBI handling him with the world's softest kid gloves
Big tech and mainstream media giving him billions in free advertising
Beijing: Ivanka making bank from a Chinese deal very conspicuously right after her dad got in
Ukraine quid pro quo: the first impeachment
Hunter: see above and also you know most of this is them being pissed off at how much Trump's kids got ripped on
Classified docs: what he's being charged with
Racist remarks: not bringing their best folks

And I wish these fucks knew that the original banana republic was a hypercapitalist dystopia

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 11, 2024

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Not sure if this is a critical left-wing or just an honest right-wing.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

TremorX posted:

Not sure if this is a critical left-wing or just an honest right-wing.

Stantis is a Republican who sometimes pretends to have a conscience so just imagine him making that cartoon and believing it, but also disagreeing with every gun control measure put forth from now until the end of time.

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 11, 2024

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

Jeff Stahler

Goddammit, get out of Prickly City quick!

Matt Davies

Ann Telnaes

Matt Wuerker

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Carlos Latuff

Dave Whamond

Jeff Koterba

John Darkow

Dick Wright - Clinton Pedophilia

Bill Bramhall

Amjad Rasmi

Adam Zyglis

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Christopher Weyant

Walt Handelsman

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Why the gently caress are you even friends?
I know this is supposed to be some Calvin and Hobbes imitation but while they fought, it was never like this. It was childish tussling, grabbing, tumbling in big cartoony tangles. Calvin never hit Hobbes in the face with a loving haymaker.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Extremely agitated Hitler, screaming nearly incoherently into microphone: "Looks like you've got a lot of growing up to do!"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Vib Rib posted:

Why the gently caress are you even friends?
I know this is supposed to be some Calvin and Hobbes imitation but while they fought, it was never like this. It was childish tussling, grabbing, tumbling in big cartoony tangles. Calvin never hit Hobbes in the face with a loving haymaker.
it's supposed to be some "both sides" poo poo but it's pretty clear that one person keeps starting the fights
"i'm in charge"
"NO! *throws a punch*"
clearly, both sides are to blame :(

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Andy Marlette

Bob Gorrell

Chip Bok

John Deering

Mike Luckovich

Steve Breen

Tom Stiglich

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

OK, I laughed.

Kellies Nomination: Best Edit/Parody

A good cartoon.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Hey does anyone remember what Hitler thought of or did to Marxists, drawing a big ol' blank here

Alternately, hey does anyone remember that Simpsons joke about commie Nazis that we all laughed at because it was common knowledge that communism and fascism are diametrically opposed ideologies

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
No see the Jewish head of the NGO for multinationals and free market capitalism (which is bad this time, says Branco) is adding the extremist antisemitic nationalism (which is also bad this time, says Branco) and the anti-market Marxism to the globalism in order to forward the anti-business green agenda and force us to eat the bug.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

The Islamic Shock posted:

Hey does anyone remember what Hitler thought of or did to Marxists, drawing a big ol' blank here

Yes, he got them all in a big room together and said "I love you guys, we're basically the same. I want you to help me destroy the Unites States of America because they have freedom and I am an evil foreigner." And then he did an evil laugh and Ronald Reagan burst through the window and said "not on my watch, bucko" and shot all the Marxists and hitler with his M16 and that's how he saved America.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

How do you even get this lazy without going full Gorrell?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

axolotl farmer posted:

How do you even get this lazy without going full Gorrell?

By refusing to form an opinion more substantial than "I am in favor of good things and would prefer bad things not happen."

InsertPotPun posted:

it's supposed to be some "both sides" poo poo but it's pretty clear that one person keeps starting the fights
"i'm in charge"
"NO! *throws a punch*"
clearly, both sides are to blame :(

Stantis yearns for the days when Republicans and Democrats could get together to politely agree that the Republicans are correct about everything and we should just do whatever they want. That's called bipartisanship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

the_steve posted:

Stantis yearns for the days when Republicans and Democrats could get together to politely agree that the Republicans are correct about everything and we should just do whatever they want. That's called bipartisanship.

In the shock after 9/11 democrats became subservient to Bush and let him start as many wars as he pleased while giving unfunded handouts to the rich and slashing public benefits. Stantis sees this as the pinnacle of good governance.