Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The cold is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
it's true

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The cold is good

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Mister Facetious posted:

Anyone have the Little Witch Academia 4-koma that was posted in a previous chat thread years ago; Akko shows off that she learned bubble speech to Diana, and the punchline in the fourth panel is that she thinks Akko's very good at speaking it?

nope but i'm footing you to the next page, good luck, friend

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Hoping I get this job helping renovate houses and not work at BK

Actually gaining a trade skill is very appealing

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The best part of the Yohane anime is the Dia as a Kamen Rider so maybe watch those clips

Is the game any good though?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
which game? i tried the demo of the metroidvania and didn't much care for it, probably one of the weaker things inticreates has done in a while also it had a bug where it divided the refresh rate wrong and ran at half speed while the audio sped ahead

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

no..........

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The best part of the Yohane anime is the Dia as a Kamen Rider so maybe watch those clips

Is the game any good though?

I bought it sight unseen because Inti rarely lets me down and they let me down

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

How do you gently caress up a metroid Vania, wtf

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Meowywitch posted:

How do you gently caress up a metroid Vania, wtf

Has Silk Song come out yet :haw:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

By making your main attack a summon that takes about 30 seconds between button press and end of the attack. I think they were trying to copy Ender Lillies but that still made combat fast.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

verbal enema posted:

Hoping I get this job helping renovate houses and not work at BK

Actually gaining a trade skill is very appealing

Good luck! I am also trying to do something similar except that the trade skill I'm looking to get into is translation.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

What language are you translating

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

What language are you translating

Mandarin Chinese to English.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the yohane thing is one of the worst anime ive ever seen and everything associated with it also seems terrible. even the music was pretty bad even by generic lovelive jpop standards.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and its not 'grr cute girls doing cute things where nothing happens' my favorite anime is aikatsu stars, a 100 episode long idol anime for 4 year olds

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
:lol:

x

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sat in the office freezing because whatever they were doing to the alarm system has also turned off the heating, gently caress being cold.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

be official. be legal.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/THEAnimeHERO/status/1745061569065636218?t=V77-oLseMVjhAxfI5xqEHA&s=19

Go Nagai responding to the loss of the art museum in the most Go Nagai manner possible: "I can always make more."

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm surprised I hadn't seen a vtuber use the rubber hose cartoon style until now, this is great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI1ofqhgzmA&hd=1

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

more like caca oh

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
wait apparently the vtuber above, Pumpkin Potion, is the vocaloid cover artist Rockleetist???? drat, one of my favorite vocaloid covers was by her. and holy moly this video is rough, but I'm glad she's doing well for herself now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUxFrMGCloI&hd=1

I'm not a fan of when someone just eradicates everything they've ever made though. one of my favorite creators from the early youtube era had a psychotic break, wiped his social media presence, and then destroyed the hard drive with his backups on it so he couldn't ever restore anything. He later regretted what he'd done, but he had made it so he could never reverse course.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/MangaAlerts/status/1745249145000976870

Nice, the grift is coming to manga

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

wait apparently the vtuber above, Pumpkin Potion, is the vocaloid cover artist Rockleetist???? drat, one of my favorite vocaloid covers was by her. and holy moly this video is rough, but I'm glad she's doing well for herself now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUxFrMGCloI&hd=1

I'm not a fan of when someone just eradicates everything they've ever made though. one of my favorite creators from the early youtube era had a psychotic break, wiped his social media presence, and then destroyed the hard drive with his backups on it so he couldn't ever restore anything. He later regretted what he'd done, but he had made it so he could never reverse course.

I know I haven't been hardcore about this, but lets not have vtuber time in here

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeah I know, I know. just that there was a viral tweet about that indie vtuber that got like 16 million views and started popping up all over because of her unique design, and I looked up clips of them, which led me to her youtube channel, which then led me to that video revealing they were formerly the vocaloid artist Rockleetist that I listened to over a decade ago but suddenly vanished a while back.

it was just a strange confluence of things, a "huh, small world" sort of feeling to me, is all. I only meant to post the one clip because I liked the style of their av, but then found out who they actually were from a video on their channel. don't worry I won't continue, FD.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 11, 2024

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

yeah it's just a scam, the video game market crashed last year so they had to hop onto something new

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

with how beat up the 2nd hand and old manga volumes are, and even how brand new off the press manga just has slight imperfections, its gonna be almost impossible to take a '10 grade' manga volume seriously.

and yea, what a scam.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I've watched one episode of Gundam Wing, and Heero Yuy is already an interesting weirdo

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

oh this makes me mad on an irrational level lol

yeah man let me just appraise chainsaw man vol 1 one of the most worthless things you could possibly try and hawk on the second hand market because everyone already has it good lord

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fortunately jp companies wont care about this so it'll die a death since the companies arent trying to actively cater to it, unlike when comics died in the 90s

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm not even sure the 80's/90's floppy version of manga has much resale value these days thanks to the modern graphic novel form. Maybe the Epic version of Akira?

But yeah this is a funny grift cause it's trying to bring the superhero comics grift to manga and not getting why it won't work

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for starters, i think the issue of shonen jump where chainsaw man first appeared would have more collector's value than the collected manga volume. It'd be like grading the first omnibus of superman they released instead of action comics 1.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I still have all of my viz comic books back when Ranma 1/2 was first coming out. Am I rich?!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Looking at some online price guides the first issue of Ranma monthly floppy is around 60 which is probably more for curiosities sake. Though I did see an ebay listing trying to sell a slabbed copy for 2900.00 (no buyers I think lamo)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Why do I never get the fox girls I want

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

drat, the size limit means they won't grade the link to the past or super Mario world graphic novel collections

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I still have all of my viz comic books back when Ranma 1/2 was first coming out. Am I rich?!
I am pretty sure I still have those big viz volumes of Ranma, the ones they stopped putting out around volume 22 or so before rebooting it to a smaller, cheaper volume size. Doubt they're worth anything but man I wish they'd have kept making them like that, I liked the style of them.

E: these ones, guess they're not rare at all lol
https://a.co/d/gylpoi6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

free selen tatsuki