Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

he specifically no longer takes those roles because he's sick of the memes, it's honestly funny that the internet cyberbullied an actor into rejecting certain roles due to meme status

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Good. I love him and I want him to win.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I maintain benecio del toro dies in more movies than sean bean

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shrecknet posted:

he specifically no longer takes those roles because he's sick of the memes, it's honestly funny that the internet cyberbullied an actor into rejecting certain roles due to meme status

Maybe now we can get him to settle on a pronunciation for his names. Seen Bean or Shawn Bawn, pick one.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This looks cool

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://x.com/jfrankensteiner/status/1745631685029286245?s=46

There’s two evergreen movie rules out there now:

1. Sean Bean never dies
2. iPhone users are good and android users could be bad (due to a licensing agreement).

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

hell yeah that looks rad

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Yea alright this looks good.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Sweet as gently caress

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hell yes more nontraditional horror settings, jam it in my veins

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

ok yeah i wanna watch that

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

O gently caress yes. Powerfully my poo poo.

The imdb trivia page says that they’re speaking a constructed language called “Tola” based off of Basque. I don’t know if I buy that because it didn’t seem ergative and that’s Basque’s whole thing. However, leaving the imdb trivia aside, the quality of the conlang seems pretty dang good from the sample size of a trailer.

Muchly excited.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Proto-European languages are otherwise largely lost outside of Basque so they probably just took some words from it and said it's based on it

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Doltos posted:

Proto-European languages are otherwise largely lost outside of Basque so they probably just took some words from it and said it's based on it

Basque isn’t Proto-European because that isn’t a thing. Basque is a linguistic isolate, i.e. we can not confidently say whether or not it’s related to any other living languages. I think you’re half-remembering Proto-Indo-European, the ancestor of modern languages like English, German, French, Greek, Farsi, Albanian, etc. etc, i.e. the Indo-European languages. Basque is smack in the middle of a bunch of those and aggressively unrelated to anything even vaguely nearby so it’s a giant mystery. Juliet Blevins has some interesting arguments that might link Basque with Aquitanian, but that’s still highly speculative.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Language is neat

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://x.com/criticaloverlo3/status/1745525309238046970?s=46

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I’m picturing his POV a la : https://youtu.be/WUhOnX8qt3I?si=-tSWF4XQZEggpQyx

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This could be dope. I hope the gore leans more fun then gritty

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Shrecknet posted:

I guess Sharpe didn't count.

Xiahou Dun posted:

Basque isn’t Proto-European because that isn’t a thing. Basque is a linguistic isolate, i.e. we can not confidently say whether or not it’s related to any other living languages. I think you’re half-remembering Proto-Indo-European, the ancestor of modern languages like English, German, French, Greek, Farsi, Albanian, etc. etc, i.e. the Indo-European languages. Basque is smack in the middle of a bunch of those and aggressively unrelated to anything even vaguely nearby so it’s a giant mystery. Juliet Blevins has some interesting arguments that might link Basque with Aquitanian, but that’s still highly speculative.

Years back when I was taking a History of Language class and we were going over how so much came from Proto-Indo-European, mentioning Basque would make my professor's eye twitch.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

That's interesting. What does a Jason do in his spare time, between summers? Hunt for food? Hibernate? Solitaire?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I'd be more interested in this if he had anything distinctive about his costume.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Coming up with icons is hard. I’ll let it slide because I think often people try to hard.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

CelticPredator posted:

Coming up with icons is hard. I’ll let it slide because I think often people try to hard.

They should have gone with a clown costume.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

I think the killer should wear a great big novelty cowboy hat. It would keep getting knocked off his head when he tried to go through doorways or under low branches but if the movie is from the killer's POV it would just add to the tension. Can he stop and pick up the big hat before his victim gets away? What if one of the teens steals the hat? Lots of potential here.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:stare: hell yeah

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Flubby posted:

That's interesting. What does a Jason do in his spare time, between summers? Hunt for food? Hibernate? Solitaire?

Didn't you see the 2009 movie? He's new jersey's best weed farmer. The reason there haven't been any more movies is Jersey has since legalized it, so he went legit and no longer has to guard his stash by killing teens.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Really enjoying Silent Night Deadly Night. It's got a hot Santa who has nightmares about being stabbed in the butt and a random lady whose main character note is that she really loves her awful awful Christmas hat.

I can see this becoming an annual tradition.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I was about to say it's amazing that SNDN hasn't been remade, but then I looked it up and apparently it was remade 12 years ago and flopped.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Flying Zamboni posted:

I think the killer should wear a great big novelty cowboy hat. It would keep getting knocked off his head when he tried to go through doorways or under low branches but if the movie is from the killer's POV it would just add to the tension. Can he stop and pick up the big hat before his victim gets away? What if one of the teens steals the hat? Lots of potential here.

Turd Ferguson: Origins

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Origami Dali posted:

I was about to say it's amazing that SNDN hasn't been remade, but then I looked it up and apparently it was remade 12 years ago and flopped.

Majority of the remake was based on the Covina Massacre

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Open Source Idiom posted:

Really enjoying Silent Night Deadly Night. It's got a hot Santa who has nightmares about being stabbed in the butt and a random lady whose main character note is that she really loves her awful awful Christmas hat.

I can see this becoming an annual tradition.

Okay I finished this now and it owned. Forty year old bully getting into a half assed punch up with a teenager boy and stealing his sled owned. Santa daddy? Owned. The scene with the little girl? I was cackling with laughter.

Final line was perfect. You cannot convince me they didn't know this wasn't not a comedy.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Majority of the remake was based on the Covina Massacre

This? Doesn't own. Why in the goddamn would you base your remake of a hilarious horror film around real world murders?

Also four years between the killings and the film? Wtf.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jan 12, 2024

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

This? Doesn't own. Why in the goddamn would you base your remake of a hilarious horror film around real world murders?

It was the weirdest poo poo ever when the film came out and no one was appalled by it. No reviews mentioned it, no one asked about it in interviews. Utter madness.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Joker's Poltergeist is remarkably awful in its own way.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Okay I finished this now and it owned. Forty year old bully getting into a half assed punch up with a teenager boy and stealing his sled owned. Santa daddy? Owned. The scene with the little girl? I was cackling with laughter.

Final line was perfect. You cannot convince me they didn't know this wasn't not a comedy.

Reminds me of when the x-Files would incorporate thinly disguised versions of fresh real world tragedies like twa 800 or Oklahoma City into their conspiracy plots. I was a kid and didn't notice at the time, but going back that is absolutely wild.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I feel like there's a bit of a difference between "this is somewhat based on TWA flight 800" and "this movie is, at times, a recreation of a horrific mass murder, right down to the killing of children"

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

the X-Files movie opening with a thinly veiled Oklahoma City Bombing is indeed wild

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

the X-Files movie opening with a thinly veiled Oklahoma City Bombing is indeed wild

I rememberd that as an Atlanta Olympics bombing reference but reading up on it it seems it was probably based on OKC.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

I rememberd that as an Atlanta Olympics bombing reference but reading up on it it seems it was probably based on OKC.

yeah there's even a daycare and everything. and Terry O'Quinn plays the bomb tech!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah, it was wild to learn those people CSM shot in his origin ep were real people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I find that that's the limit on what you can do with horror. Once you start trying to ape mass murders you're little more than a grimy sleazebag exploiting a tragedy.