Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

when someome starts being a loving freakshow dipshit in the middle of discussion about how nice properly printed manga looks on nice paper

I got the tude now posted:

Chobes is actually pissed lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Speaking of, the final volume of Golden Kamuy comes out in english next week. I'm still on volume 15 so at this rate I'll get to the finale sometime in 2026

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

HolePisser1982 posted:

when someome starts being a loving freakshow dipshit in the middle of discussion about how nice properly printed manga looks on nice paper

The Bible has smaller finer print on more beautiful material plus the story is better.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

euroshopper posted:

the show aired on loving toonami which is owned by warner bros and yet you guys treated it as equivalent as actual child abuse material which i still find incredibly offensive. this isn't even a defense of the show the author is def a pedo but the right-wing "satanic pedophile hollywood" ppl never bothered to raise a stink about it which says something

Lmfao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

insane anime posted:

The Bible has smaller finer print on more beautiful material plus the story is better.

🙏

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

insane anime posted:

i dont like the really thin paper and double column text. its hard to read

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

insane anime posted:

imps popping off in bible study when samson wastes a thousand uncircumcised men with a piece of rear end

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

mycophobia posted:

i dont like the really thin paper and double column text. its hard to read

Have you read infinite jest? Once you read that the Bible gets a lot easier

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Arch Nemesis posted:

imps popping off in bible study when samson wastes a thousand uncircumcised men with a piece of rear end

Hahah jezebel was surely a nice piece of rear end as well; it’s so cool that it was a jawbone

----------------

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

insane anime posted:

Which version? Want to try something different from KJ and NIV

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

herculon posted:

new American standards latest is the only other one id recommend aside from the two you mentioned

----------------

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

those gustav dore bible etchings are so good

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

HolePisser1982 posted:

those gustav dore bible etchings are so good

You said it brother. Someone should post the David and Goliath one and other cool ones

----------------

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
my leatherbound copy of the malleus maleficarum arrived today

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

scary ghost dog posted:

my leatherbound copy of the malleus maleficarum arrived today

Coool..

----------------

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

herculon posted:

i have the Gospels in the NRSV translation. idk how it stacks up but its very readable

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

i heard it has draawings of witches sucking demon dicks and getting hosed by them

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

durrr the sky is falling!!!

ohhh my fuckin clay house and wooden bowls and poo poo

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

i heard it has draawings of witches sucking demon dicks and getting hosed by them

you can make these at home for pennies btw

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

you can make these at home for pennies btw

dog go one post without mentioning you're an artist

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

I got the tude now posted:

dog go one post without mentioning you're an artist

Lol no he was talking about cumming wieners lol

----------------

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

HolePisser1982 posted:

durrr the sky is falling!!!

ohhh my fuckin clay house and wooden bowls and poo poo

drat those are sick

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

insane anime posted:

Lol no he was talking about cumming wieners lol

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

You got a pocket pussy? Good. Now throw that poo poo away. We do it live.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

whats that? its motherfucking sacriligious?
now stop being a stingy bastard and go show your friends this big pile of smut you just made

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

HolePisser1982 posted:

now stop being a stingy bastard and go show your friends this big pile of smut you just made

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

euroshopper posted:

its loving awesome how i can post extremely banal poo poo on the anime forum and because you're an IK you lose it. almost like there's an exclusionary culture for posters who haven't joined two decades ago

guys will be like "oh ur just seeking negative attention" but will not stop screaming like toddlers whenever i loving make a post that aren't even jokes half of the time. sa is epic
euroshopper,

there's this thing that social scientists call "shared meaning"
it just means when the receiver of a message understands the message in a similar way to the way that the sender of the message intended
when people socialize, the creation of shared meaning is usually the goal of interpersonal communication

an important factor in this is that the sender of messages often begins from an implicit context which informs the meaning of the message. this context is not something that people typically consciously think about, but the creation of shared meaning goes most smoothly when the sender's context is shared by the receiver.
if the sender's context is not shared by the receiver, the receiver is probably not going to understand the message in the same way that the sender intended to convey. this results in miscommunication

a problem you're going to keep bumping into is that the context in your head is often not shared by the people you're socializing with. this is a problem that everybody has to some extent, but it can happen more often to neurodivergent people. when it happens, it probably makes it seem, to you, that you're being unfairly ostracized by a mean-spirited in-group, but the reality is that they're just collectively reacting to behavior on your part which, in their context, is received as arbitrarily aggressive and not flowing logically from what preceded it. this is going to keep happening to you.
you could actually get along with those same sorts of people quite well if you could bridge that gap in communication. this would entail you making a conscious effort to understand how the context that you are communicating from differs from the context that's (generally and loosely) shared by everybody else in whatever social aggregate you're trying to hang around in. I would strongly suggest beginning such an effort somewhere other than the Imp Zone. it is not a place for the inadequately socialized.
(it might help you to adopt a "beginner's mentality," approaching with an openness and enthusiasm to improve your communication skills. if you carry the same sort of prickliness you're showing here, it might make you feel better, but ultimately you'll just be closing yourself off, and signaling to other people that they should close off as well.)

anyway, see ya

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

When silent bone speaks 0_O

----------------

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

insane anime posted:

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

insane anime posted:

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

insane anime posted:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

insane anime posted:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

insane anime posted:

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

A cool dude who's always being around and saying stuff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

insane anime posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

insane anime posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

gender swap gas crew really living it up in imp zone lately

Adbot